Welker moving on

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Welker moving on

Welker has been saying all the right things about wanting to stay here but he is a true Pro and would never say otherwise.

I have always wondered how much resentment Welker has held against Belichick for benching him before the Jets game for his tongue in cheek foot references press conference.

I’ve always felt it was a bull crap move by BB and very undeserving to Welker for a minor bit of fun. Welker has given his all to this team and he himself may want to move on. If it had happened to me I would have carried a grudge to my grave, of course I’m Sicilian, but I do wonder if Welker will leave. I do not see the Pats franchising him.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNPats76. Show SoxNPats76's posts

Re: Welker moving on

Good riddance. Just another goat. This team needs players that can win, instead, we basically look like the Colts now. All those years ragging on the Manning's and Eli absolutely owns Brady and the Pats. Pathetic.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Well, in my 45 plus years of watching football I think Welker may well be one of the best slot receivers (if not the best) that I have seen.

I hope he stays.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNPats76. Show SoxNPats76's posts

No trolling. Just tired of watching this team choke away another big game. Bad drafting, too many softies, bad decisions and too many dudes not worthy of wearing that helmet on Sundays but have to because there's simply nobody else there to do it.

Way to stock pile pick after pick and for what? Nothing. They'll take another overrated prospect in the first, trade the other 1st round pick for more 3rd and 4th round scrubs that won't contribute to anything but the practice squad. The drafting of this team the last several years has been terrible.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Wes isn't going anywhere! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Who's better in the slot?  He's a keeper, pay the man.  If you can throw some odd millions to Ocho, you can pay Welker.  Build the receiving corp around Welker, Hernandez and Gronk.  Give Brady the tools he needs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNPats76. Show SoxNPats76's posts

He's a great regular season player. Pay the man to beat the Dolphins in Sept. but contribute nothing in the clutch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

He was the most clutch player in Super Bowl 42...If not for Welker, we wouldn't even be in the Super Bowl...One play shouldnt define the season.

By your logic. Pats would be better off next season with David Tyree as their number 1 WR

Welker failed at the most opportunistic time...but if not for Welker, we wouldnt have been in that situation in the first place

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Yes the 2010 draft was a keeper with the 2011 still undecided but prior to that the Pats have not done so well. The G men in 09 were # 3 and you could see their overall team strength last night.

Welker is already here though and deserves to stay. I'm just not all that sure he wants to be here.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/08/nfl-draft-teams-lifestyle-sports-nfl-draft.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

The guy had one bad play....it happens. It was getting things done up until then in game, those two end arounds were great.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

In Response to Re: Welker moving on:
    [QUOTE]No trolling. Just tired of watching this team choke away another big game. Bad drafting, too many softies, bad decisions and too many dudes not worthy of wearing that helmet on Sundays but have to because there's simply nobody else there to do it. Way to stock pile pick after pick and for what? Nothing. They'll take another overrated prospect in the first, trade the other 1st round pick for more 3rd and 4th round scrubs that won't contribute to anything but the practice squad. The drafting of this team the last several years has been terrible.
    Posted by SoxNPats76[/QUOTE]

Is this a joke?? How many teams out there have had better drafts then the Pats yet they cant even make the playoffs, never mind the Super Bowl. Yes we lost the SB. Its not the end of the world. I can sit here and say alot of things bt its not going to change the result of the game. Just imagine if Gronk was healthy? This team lost cause of 2 dropped ball with 4 minutes to go. Thats why we lost. Not cause of bad drafting or scrubs or whatever you want to call them. We lost cause of the 2 dropped balls. If they make those crabs we keep going down the field and waste more time. Sick and tired of people OVEREACTING.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

Yeah he is moving on to a local high school coach to show him how to catch a football.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

He's great in the slot, but there needs to be an outside threat to compliment him and the TE's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Wes will soon be 31. He may not fir into BB's plans for how much he will cost. BB may not be the best GM around but he  knows the value of the guys he has on the practice field. My guess is Wes will move on, unless they snag him for one more with a tag.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Knee jerk reaction much? Welker is NOT going anywhere, who is going to raplace 120+ catches? Welker is a machine!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]Knee jerk reaction much? Welker is NOT going anywhere, who is going to raplace 120+ catches? Welker is a machine!
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

It all depends on how much $$$ he wants.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryBallz. Show HarryBallz's posts

Welker missed one tough catch last night and he is a dog????  With the hits this guy takes, the way he plays hard and yet because of one off line pass that he couldn't catch he needs to move on?  If Gronk plays at 100% last night then this game belongs to the Pats and we are talking about Brady being the best ever.  If Hernandez and Branch don't drop passes we are looking at a better outcome.  Andre Carter wouldn't have made a difference last night?  How about the Pats not drafting and developing a good #2 WR to have replaced old Deion Branch by now?  The list goes on and on.  What about the SBs that the Pats won by FGs?  People seem to forget those games as tight affairs.  They went as far as they were gonna go and for all the stuff about bad luck don't forget that if Evans takes one stop in the end zone or holds the ball for .5 seconds they were going to be watching the game at home.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Knee jerk reaction much? Welker is NOT going anywhere, who is going to raplace 120+ catches? Welker is a machine!
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

I got a 2001 Ford I will sell you for the price of a 2012. I can set you up with a 5 year loan. It ran great this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Depends on the money. Once again all the pink hatters (who watch a sport with no cap and no competitive balance) are chiming in on how to run a football team.That or we could always wait for Kraft to throw everyone under a bus like John Henry and Luchinno. I doubt he'll do it, he kinda has class.

Welker will probably franchised, but there is the persistent rumor that the Pats are getting Brandon Lloyd.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]He's great in the slot, but there needs to be an outside threat to compliment him and the TE's.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Wes is staying at east for another year with the franchise tag.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Good riddance. Just another goat. This team needs players that can win, instead, we basically look like the Colts now. All those years ragging on the Manning's and Eli absolutely owns Brady and the Pats. Pathetic.
    Posted by SoxNPats76[/QUOTE]

Wow, you are a jerk.  Welker gave it everything he had and missed ONE CATCH you d1ck.  He came back from injury in record time, has been 90 percent of the offense since he got here, and has played for little money.  You are a sad sack of rotting monkey nuts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]What will it cost for the Franchise Tag?
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]
    Between $10-11MM.  Welker is the greatest slot receiver in the history of the NFL and is deserving a new contract.  That drop may have cost us the SB but I still want him back.   There is no other player worthy of the tag this year, except Welker.

I can't believe all you guys dumping on the Pats, as sad and pathetic last night was.  We were 13-3, the best in the AFC and we should have won last night if not for a few bad plays any one of which had it gone the other way could have changed the outcome.  I think a lot of you forget how bad we were for all those years before Brady and Belichick.  Now every year we contend.  Brady has led us to the SB 5 of his 10 years as a starter.  Maybe we won't win another one in the Brady era but we will at least have a shot year in and year out as long as he's around. We need to add a WR and a few pieces on Defense and there is no reason why we can't get back there again.

Sections
Shortcuts