1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Welker numbers with Denver VS Danny Amendola

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm sorry, the point of this thread is ?????

[/QUOTE]

Pointless... that's the point.  Run is a troll usually on the Celtics board, and 1and6 is making comments which he shouldn't make.   

[/QUOTE]

Increasing one's post count?

[/QUOTE]

Ah, of course!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sounds great, Bustchise.^^

I love being lectured by a rube from NJ who is a Jets fan, works at a movie theater and creates a dozen rolling board names, only to sign in and out 

I'll take the value of TWO players, Edelman and Amendola, over 1 Welker. Period. If BB caved in for Welker at 7 million, our punt return game sacks and we waste a roster spot likely carrying a 3rd QB on the roster.

Meanwhile, Denver did not budget for Welker and their defense is struggling in the meantime.  Personally, I am loving it, knowing our team is better built than this supposed balanced team in Denver. Give me a healtheir team later in the year, v.s. stats through October.

I don't want a Gomie stats team. I want a well balanced team that is tough to play against in the playoffs, a thing you want see with your Jets for YEARS and YEARS.

Finally, for poor unemployed folks in the state of NC, there is no unemployment available for them.   They rejected it from the Feds in June, which caused an uproar, obviously. The ONLY state in the union to do that, so you mocking struggling with families or anyone affected by that pathetic leadership in this day and age is a disgrace, Bustchise, especially coming from you, a guy who mooches of mommy in a basement in his mid 40s surrounded by Sanchez dolls.  Crime is way up as is homelesness.  I don't see the creepy governor here being re-elected.

[/QUOTE]

For all intents and purposes, Edelman and Amendola is one player...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I swear, Wes Welker, to some of you guys, is like the girl that cheated on you that you never got over.

Get over it, she ain't coming back. She left you for a reason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to runrunandrun's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Welker -

Wes Welker44 62 474 10.8 8 33 8 67.7 0 0 178 29

8 touch downs  leading his team Denver in total receptions 44

Danny  0 touchdowns  14 catches

Nice job Belichick and Kraft

Take care Run

[/QUOTE]

OMG. Please move on will you!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In response to mcboyd22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ok, lets' be honest people. 

Knowing what we know now, we would all be fools to say we would rather have Edelman and Amendola vs. Edelman and Welker. 

He dropped a couple of passes, but in hindsight I would pay him the extra million and send Amendola packing -  +10000000000

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Welker -

Take care Run

[/QUOTE]

Edelman makes 1 million. Amendola makes 6 million.

I'd rather have Edelman and Amendola at 7 million than old man dropsy in the cold weather and postseason at 6 million.  Pretty simple.  Seeing Welker put up stats in pointless blowouts all season and then crap his pants in January, is something I did not want to ever witness again.

No one cares about stats either, at least real fans don't.  Welkie being used better than how Brady used him here is really irrelevant.

We just saw Gronk return last week and Brady looked like Jay Cutler.  

Go to the source. This is about Brady.  Edelman provides everything Welker can provide and he's a great punt returner.  Thanks, BB and Kraft. 

If Amendola can help in the postseason, that's all I care about, because I know Welker won't be a factor for Denver in the postseason.

I wouldn't be shocked if KC swept the Broncos.   If we signed Welker over Amendola, Brady's problems would still be there in January. Heck, they're still there now.  If he doesn't have an elite binky to stare down, he's not happy.

Who cares if we win, right? lmao

[/QUOTE]

translation: bb and kraft BLEW IT

[/QUOTE]

Welker is old. He still drops the ball a lot.  He'll do it more and more as the season goes.  He will not win a SB here, or in Denver.

The ship sailed.

No one cares about stats or stats against crap teams in Sept and Oct, except for fantasy nerds.

That's not Kraft and BB blowing anything.  Amendola and Edelman will be more of a factor in the postseason than Welker.  You'll see there, Gunty. Hey!  Good thing Reese was forced to overpay Manning and Cruz all at once, huh?

2 straight years without the playoffs and a 3rd next year. Ain't recoverable overnight.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone would disagree that the pats needed to do something this past offseason to create a more dynamic offense. On paper, before the arrest and various injuries, they did just that. This o this year at full strength as it was intended is better than last years at full strength.

the problem is folks are judging based on what we see now, not was intended. You can't fault bb for injuries and the arrest. However, we should question whether he was living life too close to the edge with so many oft injured players. 

My bigger concern is our defense. Our o can do well if it finds its rhythm. The defense on the other hand is being devastated by injuries and I don't know if they can be good enough without vw, mayo and Kelly. We don't have to be great on either side. Just good enough and mistake free.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I try to let this go but you guys just keep dragging me in!!

Welker has done very well with Denver, just like I knew he would.

Amendola has been out injured most of the season so far, just like I knew that he would.

I'm still trying to be positive and hope that Amendola is healthy for the playoffs and can help win a Super Bowl.  As it looks right now, I am not so sure about this. 

Oh, hey Rusty, I would take half of a Welker over Edelman and Amendola combined.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

This o this year at full strength as it was intended is better than last years at full strength.

I don't disagree with you much but I totally disagree with this.  Please tell me what Thompkins, Dobson, Amendola, have ever done to make you think they would be better then Welker, Lloyd and Branch?

It's all pure speculation.

We all see Welker has continued being his productive self over in Denver.  Who's to  say that Lloyd wasn't going to have even a bigger year this year after learning the Pats offense and working a complete year with TFB?  I know Branch could have been counted on to make a lot of those catches Dobson hasn't made.

TE's would have been the same

RB's would have been the same with the exception of Blount.

I have no idea how you or anyone could think this offense was going to be good, better then last season.  Some people bashed me when I would write about it, maybe I do know what I'm talking about afterall, and they don't.  Hi Rusty!! Hi RallyC!  You jokes!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I'm sorry, the point of this thread is ?????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Bottom line is it was a big mistake and one most GMs would be fired for, but around here in koolaid land it's A OK!!! Cheers! I believe this is now three off seasons in a row that were absolutely horrendous, what they should do is just skip free agency, the draft and trades....and just have weekly tryouts for fast chain restaurant employees (not much different than what they do now anyway). 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Welker vs Amendola?

Pathetic comparison.  One is a durable  perennial pro-bowl wide receiver who has put together one of the best 6 year stretches for a WR in NFL history.

The other guy is a talented but injury prone player who cannot stay on the field. Always some injury that limits him.  That will always be the case,  count him in for 8-10 games a year, MAX.  Just ask Rams fans to get their opinion.  Yes there is such thing as being injury prone.  

It is pathetic the Pats could not match 2 yrs / 12 million. They gave more money to Amendola for 5 yrs.  How embarassing.

If we had Welker and Woodhead ,  this team would be 7-0, no doubt.  Now both of them are producing big time for their new teams, while  our team goes 1 for 12 on third downs.  Denver scores more than 30 on the road against a great Colts team, and that is considered a "failure" by everyone here.  Our offense has struggled to score 20 points all year and it doesnt seem like it will get better.

Belichick did not sign Welker because he had a dislike for the guy, and  went out and signed  Amendola to prove that he  could outsmart everyone.  Well everyone is laughing now.  I hope everyone remembers how BB benched Welker for the first quarter of the 2010 playoff game against the Jets. For having a little fun with the media about Rex Ryans foot fetish?!  It disrupted the flow and may have cost the Patriots that game. 

In a kind of sick and twisted way, I hope Welker does great so he can show Belichick what a moronic decision it was to get rid of him.   Not only did the Pats lose Welker, they basically gift wrapped him for Peyton Manning and Denver. That has made their offense perform at historically high levels.

Got rid of Welker, Woodhead, Lloyd.  Could not make Emmanuel Sanders a bigger offer so the Steelers couldnt match it. Wasting 7 million on IR Amendola All while having 10 million in cap space.  What a way to waste  the last productive years of Tom Brady's career. Nice job BB

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Welker -

Take care Run

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have Edelman and Amendola at 7 million than old man dropsy in the cold weather and postseason at 6 million.  Pretty simple.  Seeing Welker put up stats in pointless blowouts all season and then crap his pants in January, is something I did not want to ever witness again.

No one cares about stats either, at least real fans don't.  Welkie being used better than how Brady used him here is really irrelevant.

Go to the source. This is about Brady.  Edelman provides everything Welker can provide and he's a great punt returner.  Thanks, BB and Kraft. 

If Amendola can help in the postseason, that's all I care about, because I know Welker won't be a factor for Denver in the postseason.

I wouldn't be shocked if KC swept the Broncos.   If we signed Welker over Amendola, Brady's problems would still be there in January. Heck, they're still there now.  If he doesn't have an elite binky to stare down, he's not happy.

[/QUOTE]

Pay $7 million for a guy who can not stay on the field, played 144 out of 520 snaps so far for our team and another guy who really isn't a good receiver.  None of our WR's would be a starter on any other team.  Yes, the post season is what counts but Danny A really needs to get on the field during the regular season so he can be ready for the post season.  Problem is, he can't  get on the field the regular season because he is either hurt or gets hurt. 

Ever since I have been on here I have watched you defend Danny and Edelman, and you know what? You are wrong. Your arguments are funny because they are so wrong.  Matter of fact, I can't remember reading anything from you that has been correct.

You make a lousy argument here. "I'd rather have Edelman and Amendola at 7 million than old man dropsy in the cold weather and postseason at 6 million. "

Get a brain!  Heyooo!!!

P.S. Have you gone out looking for a job yet?  Isn't unemployment about to run out for you yet?  3,600 posts in just over 1 months time, get a job and a life already.  Maybe it's time to find a job, move out of mothers house, and find a girl or guy to spend time with. 

[/QUOTE]

Jet troll

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

[QUOTE]

Welker -

Take care Run

[/QUOTE]

Aren't you the sports discussion board's resident racist?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Welker -

Take care Run

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As oppossed to you?

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I love being lectured by a rube from NJ who is a Jets fan, works at a movie theater and creates a dozen rolling board names, only to sign in and out 

I'll take the value of TWO players, Edelman and Amendola, over 1 Welker. Period. If BB caved in for Welker at 7 million, our punt return game sacks and we waste a roster spot likely carrying a 3rd QB on the roster.

Meanwhile, Denver did not budget for Welker and their defense is struggling in the meantime.  Personally, I am loving it, knowing our team is better built than this supposed balanced team in Denver. Give me a healtheir team later in the year, v.s. stats through October.

I don't want a Gomie stats team. I want a well balanced team that is tough to play against in the playoffs, a thing you want see with your Jets for YEARS and YEARS.

Finally, for poor unemployed folks in the state of NC, there is no unemployment available for them.   They rejected it from the Feds in June, which caused an uproar, obviously. The ONLY state in the union to do that, so you mocking struggling with families or anyone affected by that pathetic leadership in this day and age is a disgrace, Bustchise, especially coming from you, a guy who mooches of mommy in a basement in his mid 40s surrounded by Sanchez dolls.  Crime is way up as is homelesness.  I don't see the creepy governor here being re-elected.

[/QUOTE]

So you think we would have dumped Edelman if Welker still played here?  I don't think so.  Edelman would still be here fielding punts.  I doubt Danny would be here if they wanted to keep Wes Welker.  BTW, this thread is about Danny, not Edelman. Duh!!!

Oh, and Edelman has done nothing these past 3 games to help the offense.  And did I read correctly, you are saying Edelman is a big contributor here because he is the 3rd string QB?  Check yourself into the mental hospital now!!

Funny how you say Denver doesn't have a defense thanks to Wes Welker.  What a fool you are.  So what did we do with all the money we saved from paying wes welker?  Sure did not use it to upgrade our offense or add depth to our defense.  Now look at us, we don't have the receivers to score enough points to win and our defense has no depth to fill in for injuries and now we can't stop teams from scoring on us.  You might want to rethink all of this because you look like you jhave no idea what you are talking about.

I didn't know you live in NC and that you are not getting unemployment.  I can now see why you are so angry.  You might want to think about packing mother up and moving.  Don't you have family somewhere that has unemployment that you can shack up with?  By the way you talk around here you would have thought you lived in NE.  But you make fun of others who don't live in NE.  I don't understand why you think you can do that.

I am in my mid 20's not 40's, and I have not lived at my parents home for over 6 years now.  You are just like smelly bear and Melswitt who make things up.

[/QUOTE]

BUSTCHISE SPEAKS...jets troll

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

In response to WeDerrWEDAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are you trying to say Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady?

People on these boards will not like that very much.

Wes Welker avg TD's per season as a Patriot is only 6. SIX a season. He has 8 with Peyton in just 7 weeks.

What are you trying to say exactly?

Different teams!

[/QUOTE]

I think it's more, one's on the field and productive while the other isn't

[/QUOTE]

from an outsiders point of view WW is even more productive w/Peyton than he has ever been with TB.

Still glad that BB decided to sign a walking injury report than WW.  I am a fan of that and also going with all of these UDFAs @ WR.  Liking that move as well.  i didnt think you could hold TB down but BB may have done just that.  Also, not doing anything about the run game.  It def wasnt TB that held the run game back with opponents feilding 6 DBs just to try to contain TB...

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For all intents and purposes, Edelman and Amendola is one player...

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Anybody with any integrity at all has to admit that Welker has produced and continues to produce at a far higher level than Danny Amendola.  Over the next two years both are likely to be paid about the same (roughly $12 million each).  So far it's indisputable that Denver is getting a far higher return on Welker than New England is getting on Amendola. Could it change? Maybe, but I think the only way the Amendola deal will look good is if he's contributing in a major way three or four years down the road. If he's off the team after a year or two, keeping Welker almost certainly would have been the better move. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anybody with any integrity at all has to admit that Welker has produced and continues to produce at a far higher level than Danny Amendola.  Over the next two years both are likely to be paid about the same (roughly $12 million each).  So far it's indisputable that Denver is getting a far higher return on Welker than New England is getting on Amendola. Could it change? Maybe, but I think the only way the Amendola deal will look good is if he's contributing in a major way three or four years down the road. If he's off the team after a year or two, keeping Welker almost certainly would have been the better move. 

[/QUOTE]

No doubt. It will be interesting to see if Amendola can stay on the field and be productive. I think IF he and gronk stay healthy for the rest of the year and Vereen comes back we will see what kind of talent Amendola has. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bottom line is it was a big mistake and one most GMs would be fired for, but around here in koolaid land it's A OK!!! Cheers! I believe this is now three off seasons in a row that were absolutely horrendous, what they should do is just skip free agency, the draft and trades....and just have weekly tryouts for fast chain restaurant employees (not much different than what they do now anyway). 

[/QUOTE]

Most GMs would be fired if their team was 5-2 (and could easily be undefeated)? Is the point of building a team to end up with gaudy stats? Or is it to win a championship? Haven't the Pats tried the big passing stats thing?

I recall a lot of handwringing about how Baltimore and San Fran are so great because they have these tough teams built for the postseason and the Pats are like Manning's Colts teams, with their big regular season accomplishments and postseason failures. 

But now we should can our GM because Welker has better stats than Amendola? Really that's how you judge your GM?

For all their offensive prowess, Denver is one game ahead of the Pats and could just as easily be one game worse. I truly couldn't care less how Welker does, he's the enemy now. Let Manning pass for 70 TDs, let him be like Barry Bonds with all the records and his one gift Super Bowl. Let Welker score 20 TDs and gain 1,500 yards. They can console themselves with their stats when they come up short again in January.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

The question with Amendola was "can he stay healthy" so far he has not. Through seven games he has appeared in three and Welker has played in all seven. So Denver is paying Welker $375k/game played and the Patriots are paying Amendola $875k/game played (7 games worth of checks spread over three games). 

That is not good "value".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to RicosUncle's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So you think we would have dumped Edelman if Welker still played here?  I don't think so.  Edelman would still be here fielding punts.  I doubt Danny would be here if they wanted to keep Wes Welker.  BTW, this thread is about Danny, not Edelman. Duh!!!

Oh, and Edelman has done nothing these past 3 games to help the offense.  And did I read correctly, you are saying Edelman is a big contributor here because he is the 3rd string QB?  Check yourself into the mental hospital now!!

Funny how you say Denver doesn't have a defense thanks to Wes Welker.  What a fool you are.  So what did we do with all the money we saved from paying wes welker?  Sure did not use it to upgrade our offense or add depth to our defense.  Now look at us, we don't have the receivers to score enough points to win and our defense has no depth to fill in for injuries and now we can't stop teams from scoring on us.  You might want to rethink all of this because you look like you jhave no idea what you are talking about.

I didn't know you live in NC and that you are not getting unemployment.  I can now see why you are so angry.  You might want to think about packing mother up and moving.  Don't you have family somewhere that has unemployment that you can shack up with?  By the way you talk around here you would have thought you lived in NE.  But you make fun of others who don't live in NE.  I don't understand why you think you can do that.

I am in my mid 20's not 40's, and I have not lived at my parents home for over 6 years now.  You are just like smelly bear and Melswitt who make things up.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Welker -

Take care Run

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Welker is old. He still drops the ball a lot.  He'll do it more and more as the season goes.  He will not win a SB here, or in Denver.

The ship sailed.

No one cares about stats or stats against crap teams in Sept and Oct, except for fantasy nerds.

That's not Kraft and BB blowing anything.  Amendola and Edelman will be more of a factor in the postseason than Welker.  You'll see there, Gunty. Hey!  Good thing Reese was forced to overpay Manning and Cruz all at once, huh?

2 straight years without the playoffs and a 3rd next year. Ain't recoverable overnight.

[/QUOTE]

well the Giants will have whatever cap "problems" and other disappointing results after winning a couple of Super Bowls something the Pats haven't had to worry about in a decade : )

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Welker -

Take care Run

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The ship sailed.

[/QUOTE]

well the Giants will have whatever cap "problems" and other disappointing results after winning a couple of Super Bowls something the Pats haven't had to worry about in a decade : )

[/QUOTE]

Don't you know that the great teams don't win Super Bowls? Great teams and great coaching are measured by regular season wins, division titles, and playoff appearances.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Welker -

Take care Run

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The ship sailed.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't you know that the great teams don't win Super Bowls? Great teams and great coaching are measured by regular season wins, division titles, and playoff appearances.

[/QUOTE]

thanks for reminding me Frank I

i did forget - talking with Rusty for even a short period of time causes confusion and memory loss

Sections
Shortcuts