WELKER OR MANKINS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

WELKER OR MANKINS

Seeing this game is played under a hard cap and money is the big issue, which player would you pick to go forward with next year?  Welker or Mankins.  We have seen us play a few games without each guy in the past and I wonder if this has ever crossed Bill's mind with regard to putting the most talent on the field for the best money?  I would prefer to go forward with both guys but can that happen??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: WELKER OR MANKINS

Welker for sure.  Can't let Welker get away.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Agreed - Wes is harder to replace and he is more vital to this Offense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I would take Welker any day over the repugnant Mankins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I hope they keep Welker. I am worried they will keep Mankins instead...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

i dont believe you can drop mankins yet (for welker), with 30 mil guaranteed on his contract

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i dont believe you can drop mankins yet (for welker), with 30 mil guaranteed on his contract

[/QUOTE]

You are right. DUMB of them to cave to the cretin Mankins. No surprise whatsoever that once he got the $$$ he somehow isn't on the field.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good call, I look it up an from what I can find, Mankins has a cap number of $10M next year, but still has $12M in guaranteed money after that would count if he were cut so you would get no savings (actually it would cost more to cut him than to play him). 

There is still plenty of room for Welker though... they are something like $20M under with 43 guys next year if I remember correctly. They have something like $4M in dead money that is mostly Ocho and Fanene.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Welker, Mankins has missed games and we haven't missed a beat on offense but when Welker is missing or having an off game the O just doesn't seem to function properly

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Welker, Mankins has missed games and we haven't missed a beat on offense but when Welker is missing or having an off game the O just doesn't seem to function properly

[/QUOTE]

too much money for it to be preactical though.

agree on the value wlekr vs mankins at this very moment. who knows how logn welker can keep it up. year by year would be ideal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Welker, he has a large impact in games. The Patriots have won a lot of games because of his play. Mankins is overrated IMO.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Welker, he has a large impact in games. The Patriots have won a lot of games because of his play. Mankins is overrated IMO.

[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree. Unfortunately, Welker can be let go. Mankins still has a big cap number even if they were to cut ties with him... Mankins is definitely going to be here next year as a result. If they feel the need to "make room" on the roster to sign Welker, some one else would have to be cut...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

What about trading mankins for 2nd or 3rd rounder? If that trade can be had, the new team assumes his contract. The cowboys have some OL issues, they could be willing. Thoughts?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What about trading mankins for 2nd or 3rd rounder? If that trade can be had, the new team assumes his contract. The cowboys have some OL issues, they could be willing. Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

depends how strong scar and bb think the o line is including backups. is cannon anything?

its not like we couldnt use a 2nd - 2nd rd draft pick.

i dont see bb and kraft doing it (message sent to players)

as a gm move it might be a shcrewd and potetentially very smart (even brilliant) one. i dont see them doin it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

depends how strong scar and bb think the o line is including backups. is cannon anything?

as a gm move it might be a shcrewd and potetentially very smart (even brilliant) one. i dont see them doin it.

[/QUOTE]

Mankins is not the same player after ACL and Hip injuries.  I just don't think his play of late warrants that kind of money and at the expense of having to let Wes go.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Could sign Welker and draft Barrett Jones?  Hard to fiind a player in the 2013 draft capable of replicating Welker's production.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Clay73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mankins is not the same player after ACL and Hip injuries.  I just don't think his play of late warrants that kind of money and at the expense of having to let Wes go.

[/QUOTE]

clay we have no choice with mankins. he is owed guaranteed money.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Could sign Welker and draft Barrett Jones?  Hard to fiind a player in the 2013 draft capable of replicating Welker's production.

[/QUOTE]

actually williams might be a better # true wr (not that its a top priority)

2ndly barrett jones may not make it to bottom of first round.

and id rather have a top pass rush de and stud dt and a g/c center later in draft

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Welker

22. This post has been removed.