Welker play "legal"-according to Blandino.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Re: Welker play

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

That's fine. I can understand that. However, when a defender of the man who the ball was thrown to hits the deck at about the same time, and definitely not clearly after the ball was thrown, doesn't that warrant a flag. And if not does the replay not show the ball getting there after Welker laid the hit out? Which goes to Blandino giving a falose interpretation. Again. On the field, that has room for discussion. But after looking at the play? Not so much. And that was my main point about it being stinky.

Again, you have to watch the FULL plays on tv with both camera angles.  But look at this gif..

It doesn't show Welker launching himself into Talib.  Look at Talib change the path he is taking he even plants his foot like he is going to go arround Arrington but then decides to go inside at Welker.  Welker is rounding off his route and doesn't change his path. 

Like I mentioned in my first post on this thread when you see the camera angle from behind Manning that was shown on tv during the game, it looks like Welker could have been the main option for the pass but due to Collins getting in on the blitz and in Mannings face, he threw it to Thomas.   Thomas looked like he wasn't expecting or ready for the ball, that's why he dropped it.

Dang, this stuff couldn't be more clear.  After breaking this play and hit all down I am surprised BB made the comments he did.

[/QUOTE]

I've seen all the views. Talib cuts in because Manning was getting ready to throw the ball. It's instinctual. About .5 seconds after he makes the adjustment to follow Thomas, the ball enters the frame. He has the right to get the ball as well as the receive. What is he supposed to do, let him catch it free? Had the ball not been thrown, maybe some room for disagreement. But it wasn't. Watch the move Talib makes and the ball in relation to each other. Welker adjust to hit Talib. That's what both videos show. That's why it's wrong. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

There is now way that Welker is the intended receiver. For one he is never looking for the ball and if he was the intended receiver he is quick enough to go around Talib. No his job on that play was to rub Talib and take him out. The reason why the ball wasn't caught is because of the poor throw by Manning as he was getting pressured. Also did you happen to catch his offensive line holding on the play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

I've seen all the views. Talib cuts in because Manning was getting ready to throw the ball. It's instinctual. About .5 seconds after he makes the adjustment to follow Thomas, the ball enters the frame. He has the right to get the ball as well as the receive. What is he supposed to do, let him catch it free? Had the ball not been thrown, maybe some room for disagreement. But it wasn't. Watch the move Talib makes and the ball in relation to each other. Welker adjust to hit Talib. That's what both videos show. That's why it's wrong. 

[/QUOTE]

I disagree.  Talib isn't even looking at manning when he cuts in.  The more I looke at it the more I really wonder why Talib went inside instead of around Arrington.  There is no way he thought he could get in between Welker and Arrington to stay with Thomas.

Talib clearly saw Arrington there, Arrington stopped following Welker and was waiting to pick up Thomas.  Why didn't Talib stop following Thomas?  Had they not collided Welker would have been totally open.  Yeah, if you don't think Talib wasn't part to blame for the collision then you aren't being open to the possibility.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Disagree as Welker clearly alters his route and makes a beline towards Talib.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is now way that Welker is the intended receiver. For one he is never looking for the ball and if he was the intended receiver he is quick enough to go around Talib. No his job on that play was to rub Talib and take him out. The reason why the ball wasn't caught is because of the poor throw by Manning as he was getting pressured. Also did you happen to catch his offensive line holding on the play.

[/QUOTE]

Does Welker have to be looking for the ball at that point?  let him finish his route, lmao!  It's a crossing pattern, clearly there is going to be traffic like that, if you go back and watch the play on tv you will see there is so much open space to the far side of the field where Welker is headed that if he get the pass there its huge yards.  So yes, Welker could have very well been the intended target of the play. 

If you watch the different angles from the live broadcast you will see Manning clearly looks towards his left, towards Welker and all the open space, but notices Talib is there and Collins is in his face so he dumps the ball to Thomas.  I bet had Welker and Talib not collided and Collins wasn't in on the blitz the pass would have gone to Welker for a huge gain.  As I mention, there was nobody on the far side of the field to get Welker.

No, didn't see the OL holding.  I will look again later.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Disagree as Welker clearly alters his route and makes a beline towards Talib.

[/QUOTE]

Do you not see Talib change his path and decideds to go inside at welker instead of around Arrington?  Welker is rounding off his route, once he does he has nowhere to go but at Talib.  Talib clearly sees Arrington ready to pick up Thomas, why did Talib keep perusing?  Do you not think there is a possibility that Talib was trying to take Welker out of the play? 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

What a fraud. Can't get the Gronk explanation correct and in line with what the video is showing, and here again, Welker launches himself at Talib BEFORE the ball was caught. Not looking for the ball. Not trying to avoid the player. Not trying to "rub" him. But according to Blandino, witching the current rules, it's a clean play. Really. See, this is how communism, totalitariaism, collectivization works.  They feed you lies and once you start accepting them, they continue knowing you won't do anything to stop it. Now, you can argue if it was dirty, or intent. Whatever. What you can't argue is he hit him when he should not have. That was not a rub play. Again, the NFL falsely explains a play. Karl Marx and Chairman Mao would be very, very proud.

It's on Ian Raps twitter page.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds more like a greedy capitalist plot having nothing to do with communism or collectivism. And it is more like Ronald Reagan and George Bush would be the proud ones!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

of course, what else would one expect from the NFL. but what about the illegal pick block-that was not called?

It is only illegal if a person wearing a Pats uniform throws the pick block! Welcome to the WWENFL folks!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stop mentioining Arrington. Arrington has mid level support in the middle and has nothing to do with Welker adjusting his route last minute and darting back to jump into Talib.

Just forget it, Welkie lover.

If the Great Gazoo chokes it down with Manning in the blizzard, you'll never hear the end of it.

[/QUOTE]

Do you not see Arrington following Welker and releasing him then picking up Thomas?  So who takes Welker at that point?  If Arrington doesn't and Talib continues to follow Thomas then it is big play city for Welker as there is nobody on that far side of the field.  Let me guess, you are still going by gifs and not the actual live game footage?  hahaha!  You have no idea what you are talking about.  Basing everything off two gifs.  What a fraud!  Go watch the tv broadcast again then get back to me with what you think.  You agenda driven troll!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I disagree.  Talib isn't even looking at manning when he cuts in.  The more I looke at it the more I really wonder why Talib went inside instead of around Arrington.  There is no way he thought he could get in between Welker and Arrington to stay with Thomas.

Talib clearly saw Arrington there, Arrington stopped following Welker and was waiting to pick up Thomas.  Why didn't Talib stop following Thomas?  Had they not collided Welker would have been totally open.  Yeah, if you don't think Talib wasn't part to blame for the collision then you aren't being open to the possibility.

[/QUOTE]

Stop mentioining Arrington. Arrington has mid level support in the middle and has nothing to do with Welker adjusting his route last minute and darting back to jump into Talib.

If the Great Gazoo chokes it down with Manning in the blizzard, you'll never hear the end of it.

[/QUOTE]

Why?  I am picking the Seahawks in a easy blowout.  Have stated so many times here over the past couple days.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

That's fine. I can understand that. However, when a defender of the man who the ball was thrown to hits the deck at about the same time, and definitely not clearly after the ball was thrown, doesn't that warrant a flag. And if not does the replay not show the ball getting there after Welker laid the hit out? Which goes to Blandino giving a falose interpretation. Again. On the field, that has room for discussion. But after looking at the play? Not so much. And that was my main point about it being stinky.

Again, you have to watch the FULL plays on tv with both camera angles.  But look at this gif..

It doesn't show Welker launching himself into Talib.  Look at Talib change the path he is taking he even plants his foot like he is going to go arround Arrington but then decides to go inside at Welker.  Welker is rounding off his route and doesn't change his path. 

Like I mentioned in my first post on this thread when you see the camera angle from behind Manning that was shown on tv during the game, it looks like Welker could have been the main option for the pass but due to Collins getting in on the blitz and in Mannings face, he threw it to Thomas.   Thomas looked like he wasn't expecting or ready for the ball, that's why he dropped it.

Dang, this stuff couldn't be more clear.  After breaking this play and hit all down I am surprised BB made the comments he did.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, looks to me like Welker deliberately took Talb out. He came around Thomas, looked at Talib, adjusted his route and nailed Talib.  No if's and's or but's about it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why?  I am picking the Seahawks in a easy blowout.  Have stated so many times here over the past couple days.

[/QUOTE]

Your picking the Seahawks over the pats? The pats did win right? Dead head said they would win 34-17 going away. He is never wrong correct?

he is such a coward vomit pile.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Isn't that interesting!  But, we should have caved into Welkie and his demands, huh?!

Oh, I see!  

Funny how you walk right into it.  It's ok for Denver to waste their money on an aging Welkie who is now relegated to mostly running pick routes and cheapshots at 12 million over 2 years, and he may not even help Denver win a SB according to you.

So, why was it so necessary for us to cave into Welkie moving forward then?

[/QUOTE]

You lost all respect on this board. You should probably leave now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If the Great Gazoo chokes it down with Manning in the blizzard, you'll never hear the end of it.[/QUOTE]

Do you not see Arrington following Welker and releasing him then picking up Thomas?  So who takes Welker at that point?  If Arrington doesn't and Talib continues to follow Thomas then it is big play city for Welker as there is nobody on that far side of the field.  Let me guess, you are still going by gifs and not the actual live game footage?  hahaha!  You have no idea what you are talking about.  Basing everything off two gifs.  What a fraud!  Go watch the tv broadcast again then get back to me with what you think.  You agenda driven troll!

[/QUOTE]

You're completely outnumbered in this one, Mr. Bandwagon.  Forget it. Off PI. End of story.

[/QUOTE]

Outnumbered? What?? 

Nobody can even touch my breakdown of the play. Some try to pick it apart but can't.  My observation is solid!!  Many people are going off two slower then normal speed gifs.  Watch the tv broadcast of the play and the replays and compare it to my observation. It's solid!! It's tight, dude!

LOL at you. You have been owned all day again here.  When are you going to learn, you can't touch me.  You try to but everything you say is weak, I blow it all away. You might want to just think about putting me on ignore because there hasn't been anything that you have ever "got" me on or "owned" me on in a long time, if ever.  I'm doing it to you all the time. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If the Great Gazoo chokes it down with Manning in the blizzard, you'll never hear the end of it.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're completely outnumbered in this one, Mr. Bandwagon.  Forget it. Off PI. End of story.

[/QUOTE]

Outnumbered? What?? 

Nobody can even touch my breakdown of the play. Some try to pick it apart but can't.  My observation is solid!!  Many people are going off two slower then normal speed gifs.  Watch the tv broadcast of the play and the replays and compare it to my observation. It's solid!! It's tight, dude!

LOL at you. You have been owned all day again here.  When are you going to learn, you can't touch me.  You try to but everything you say is weak, I blow it all away. You might want to just think about putting me on ignore because there hasn't been anything that you have ever "got" me on or "owned" me on in a long time, if ever.  I'm doing it to you all the time. 

[/QUOTE]

He has had a full blown meltdown now. Cred gone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Isn't that interesting!  But, we should have caved into Welkie and his demands, huh?!

Oh, I see!  

Funny how you walk right into it.  It's ok for Denver to waste their money on an aging Welkie who is now relegated to mostly running pick routes and cheapshots at 12 million over 2 years, and he may not even help Denver win a SB according to you.

So, why was it so necessary for us to cave into Welkie moving forward then?

[/QUOTE]

Walk right into what?  Stop acting like you are pulling something over on me, haha!! You aren't even close!

Welker would have given this team a much better chance at the SB then Danny Amendola did.  My gosh, are you really this dumb or are you flustered that I am owning you all day again on here?

Welker gives Denver a better chance then they would without him.  The dude scored 10 td's this season and a playoff td, that's huge.  I wish Danny Amendola would have had 10td's during the season and 1 td in the playoffs.  Last game Amendola had ZERO catches, 1 big playoff drop.  Ouch!   The Pats would have won the Jets and Bengals games with Welker, would have been playing Denver in NE last weekend.  That's why you should have paid Welker!  Now the Pats have a huge, horrible contract with Amendola who has been a major disappointment this season.  Which I told you would happen, yet you kept telling me he was going to have a huge season, better then Welker ever had as a Patriot.  Hahahah!  Fail!  Owned! Dude, you look like a fool!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He has had a full blown meltdown now. Cred gone.

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree.  He is flustered with me. He has gone head to head on several things with me over the past couple of days and I keep owning him.  He ends up abandoning our debates because he has no way to defend against me.  Hard for him to prove me wrong when I post true facts.  When will he ever learn that you can never be wrong with the truth!  He can't grasp that concept because all his posts are lies to help push his troll agenda.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It would be irrelevant. The ball had been thrown when Talib made his break. He knew where it was going. Once the ball is thrown he is responsible to go for the break up or tackle. Even if there was a designed pass off which meant they were in zone.  Arringtons body position and reaction seems to indicate this. Zone is off once ball is in the air. Talib isn't going to break off coverage to follow a guy who is not receiving the football. That's not how zone is played. A little defensive football 101.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It was such bang bang play here are some possibilities:

1) It was a planned pick play -

- Planned pick plays usually happen closer to the line and much quicker but they could set up a deeper one, if meant to pick early it's illegal

- Planned blocking pick play. You get both receivers in a crossing pattern and expect the ball to get to the target receiver right before the blocker receiver applies a hit to the trailing CB, perfectly legal and does actually happen. Watching the video over again this seems most likely as it looks like a timing pass with an intentional crossing pattern

2) Welker intentionally meant to take out Talib an injure him. This seems like the least likely of the bunch. Just coming back from concussion it's hard to believe someone would risk their chance at another SB, chance to end his career, and do long term brain damage. Aiming to intentionally injure actually sets you up to get injured yourself. If you intend to injury to usually launch if the other player is taller or go low but in both cases you usually don't brace for impact and turn your shoulder sideways into them aiming for torso. Why hit with shoulder in the torso away from head and waist (you know Talibs sore spot) if you intentionally meant to hurt them? Makes no sense

3) It happended within 2 steps of eachother. If you notice Welker plants his outside foot to turn in at the same time Talib plants his to turn in. Could it be as simple as Welker saw Talib initially heading out and didn't want to collide so decided to move in. At the same time Talib decided to move in to cover Thomas. Since they both mad the same decision to move in and both moving fairly fast with less then half a second to react the collision was just an accident as we've seen around the league all the time in crossing routes?

I highly doubt Talib would try to take Welker out but notice how he turned his shoulder into Welker  and leaned into him too? By far and away Talib left the heavier hit. If Welker meant to take Talib out with any sort of force why did he almost hold up and try to stop? To deliver any typ of force you have to lean into the hit not stand up to it (ie see difference in Talib leaning in vs Welker standing up during the hit)

No matter what it should have been offensive PI, but to me the most likely case was the one I pointed out. A planned play which is a timing cross pattern in which the underneath receiver gets the pass and the over receiver chip blocks the trailing CB out of the play. It's a common play that the Pats have run in the past (oddly enough) using Welker as the under receiver and most of the time a TE as the over blocker. Did Welker intend to injure? I highly doubt it. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It was such bang bang play here are some possibilities:

1) It was a planned pick play -

- Planned pick plays usually happen closer to the line and much quicker but they could set up a deeper one, if meant to pick early it's illegal

- Planned blocking pick play. You get both receivers in a crossing pattern and expect the ball to get to the target receiver right before the blocker receiver applies a hit to the trailing CB, perfectly legal and does actually happen. Watching the video over again this seems most likely as it looks like a timing pass with an intentional crossing pattern

2) Welker intentionally meant to take out Talib an injure him. This seems like the least likely of the bunch. Just coming back from concussion it's hard to believe someone would risk their chance at another SB, chance to end his career, and do long term brain damage. Aiming to intentionally injure actually sets you up to get injured yourself. If you intend to injury to usually launch if the other player is taller or go low but in both cases you usually don't brace for impact and turn your shoulder sideways into them aiming for torso. Why hit with shoulder in the torso away from head and waist (you know Talibs sore spot) if you intentionally meant to hurt them? Makes no sense

3) It happended within 2 steps of eachother. If you notice Welker plants his outside foot to turn in at the same time Talib plants his to turn in. Could it be as simple as Welker saw Talib initially heading out and didn't want to collide so decided to move in. At the same time Talib decided to move in to cover Thomas. Since they both mad the same decision to move in and both moving fairly fast with less then half a second to react the collision was just an accident as we've seen around the league all the time in crossing routes?

I highly doubt Talib would try to take Welker out but notice how he turned his shoulder into Welker  and leaned into him too? By far and away Talib left the heavier hit. If Welker meant to take Talib out with any sort of force why did he almost hold up and try to stop? To deliver any typ of force you have to lean into the hit not stand up to it (ie see difference in Talib leaning in vs Welker standing up during the hit)

No matter what it should have been offensive PI, but to me the most likely case was the one I pointed out. A planned play which is a timing cross pattern in which the underneath receiver gets the pass and the over receiver chip blocks the trailing CB out of the play. It's a common play that the Pats have run in the past (oddly enough) using Welker as the under receiver and most of the time a TE as the over blocker. Did Welker intend to injure? I highly doubt it. 

[/QUOTE]

That's the gist of it. At the least it was PI. Which the league is saying it wasn't. Why is ths? Miss it one the field? Doubtful. But I could give them the benefit of the doubt. But afterwards? No way. Just another blatant lie to the people. Again, Blandino is 0-2 on his explanations. 3/4 of the people posting here seem to understand that. Not that many people can be wrong. I'm sorry. Not how it works.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

This play was premeditated before the snap that WW was going to blast Talib Kamikaze style. If he simply wanted to block Talib, WW would have put his hands up and blocked in a more conventional manner. Not saying he wanted to injure Talib, but he definitly meant to hit him.

Sections
Shortcuts