Welker play "legal"-according to Blandino.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Welker play "legal"-according to Blandino.

What a fraud. Can't get the Gronk explanation correct and in line with what the video is showing, and here again, Welker launches himself at Talib BEFORE the ball was caught. Not looking for the ball. Not trying to avoid the player. Not trying to "rub" him. But according to Blandino, witching the current rules, it's a clean play. Really. See, this is how communism, totalitariaism, collectivization works.  They feed you lies and once you start accepting them, they continue knowing you won't do anything to stop it. Now, you can argue if it was dirty, or intent. Whatever. What you can't argue is he hit him when he should not have. That was not a rub play. Again, the NFL falsely explains a play. Karl Marx and Chairman Mao would be very, very proud.

It's on Ian Raps twitter page.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Re: Welker play

In response to mellymel1's comment:

See, this is how communism, totalitariaism, collectivization works.  They feed you lies and once you start accepting them, they continue knowing you won't do anything to stop it.

STOP THE MADNESS...LOL

Of course it was a nasty evil illegal hit performed by someone who hates BB...that's motivation enough, although I don't think the purpose was to hurt the guy at all, it just did.

The other stuff, I'm not interested in hearing it...start a thread on another page for that, OK?! This is for sports....besides, The Emporer of the NFL's dad was a Republican Senator from NY.....

Well I was using it as a comparison. What other comparison is there to having video evidence and still telling people something that it doesn't show? Sorry if it hit too close to home.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

of course, what else would one expect from the NFL. but what about the illegal pick block-that was not called?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

of course, what else would one expect from the NFL. but what about the illegal pick block-that was not called?

what one was that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

what one was that?

Game, the block welker put on Talib was a designed pick play, which should have been offensive PI.

we got called on a chinsy offensive PI pick play later in the game, that was no way near what welker did to Talib.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

what one was that?

Game, the block welker put on Talib was a designed pick play, which should have been offensive PI.

we got called on a chinsy offensive PI pick play later in the game, that was no way near what welker did to Talib.

I thought that PI was right before this? On Hooman?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

what one was that?

Hey NEGAME, don't take Kansaspats word on this, I don't think he has ever watched the play again other then this gif.

Here is my observation of the Welker/Talib play.

I watched this play over and over in regular motion about 15 times yesterday and here are my observations.. 

It is very possible Welker was the initial target on this play, not Thomas.  While manning is in the pocket he looks to his left to where Welker is running, Collins is blitzing, seeing talib in Welkers direction and with Collins in Mannings face Manning rushes a pass to Thomas.  Thomas seemed surprised by the pass, not ready for it and drops the ball.

As Talib is running across the field after Thomas, he notices Arrington in his way so TALIB CHANGES his running path and decided to go inside where Welker is instead of outside around Arrington.  There is no way Talib could have thought he would get in between Welker and Arrington and still cover Thomas...Could Talib have wanted to take a $hot at Welker??  Interesting thought.

Right before the ball is snapped you hear a Patriots defensive player say "watch the pick".  Found  that interesting.

Now, after reading this "Welker's action was full speed" in the above mentioned article, I am not so sure about that.  I will have to look again.  But I do remember the first couple of time while watching the play over and over yesterday, I thought Welker wasn't running at full speed during his route.  We have all watched Welker run many routes over the years, some of the routes he doesn't run at full speed in order to disguise what he is doing and then hits a full speed stride when he reaches the part of the route where he needs to get open.  It's possible his route was one of those type routes and Talib, choosing to go inside instead of outside Arrington, changed everything.

Take it for what it's worth but at least you are getting a real evaluation of the play instead of from memory and gifs from others.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

How Welker's action was different from Edelman's and Hoomanawanui's: The Patriots run pick plays or rub routes like other teams, but I don't think it's a fair comparison to say what Wes Welker did on the play Aqib Talib was injured was the same thing as Julian Edelman (block on Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie) or Michael Hoomanawanui (penalized for offensive pass interference). Edelman was blocking well after Austin Collie had caught the ball, so that's not offensive pass interference or a pick. Hoomanawanui was blocking before the ball was thrown, so the penalty was correctly called, but the rate of speed was noticeably different. He downshifted considerably. Welker's action was full speed, and if Belichick decided to go into more detail as to what he didn't like about the play (he declined, leaving everyone to interpret his remarks for him), I think that's the part he'd focus on.

from Reiss- r u referring to one of these plays

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

what one was that?

Hey NEGAME, don't take Kansaspats word on this, I don't think he has ever watched the play again other then this gif.

I watched this play over and over in regular motion about 15 times yesterday and here are my observations.. 

It is very possible Welker was the initial target on this play, not Thomas.  While manning is in the pocket he looks to his left to where Welker is running, Collins is blitzing, seeing talib in Welkers direction and with Collins in Mannings face Manning rushes a pass to Thomas.  Thomas seemed surprised by the pass, not ready for it and drops the ball.

As Talib is running across the field after Thomas, he notices Arrington in his way so TALIB CHANGES his running path and decided to go inside where Welker is instead of outside around Arrington.  There is no way Talib could have thought he would get in between Welker and Arrington and still cover Thomas...Could Talib have wanted to take a $hot at Welker??  Interesting thought.

Right before the ball is snapped you hear a Patriots defensive player say "watch the pick".  Found  that interesting.

Now, after reading this "Welker's action was full speed" in the above mentioned article, I am not so sure about that.  I will have to look again.  But I do remember the first couple of time while watching the play over and over yesterday, I thought Welker wasn't running at full speed during his route.  We have all watched Welker run many routes over the years, some of the routes he doesn't run at full speed in order to disguise what he is doing and then hits a full speed stride when he reaches the part of the route where he needs to get open.  It's possible his route was one of those type routes and Talib, choosing to go inside instead of outside Arrington, changed everything.

Take it for what it's worth but at least you are getting a real evaluation of the play instead of from memory and gifs from others.

If you watch the play, Welker hits him BEFORE the ball is caught/dropped. He had no idea it had been thrown and crashes into Talib anyhow. There is no other explanation. Talib sees the ball thrown, which is why he went after Thomas. Watch Thomas and Talib. Accidents are still penalties. No matter which way you cut it. That's why this is so glaring.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

Welker also changes the direction of his route, sharply at the end. How is this debatable?

TFB12 and the Broncos trolls are morons.

Haha, and Talib didn't?  Apparently you didn't read my post.  Shocker!  Fraud, agenda pusher.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

what one was that?

If you watch the play, Welker hits him BEFORE the ball is caught/dropped. He had no idea it had been thrown and crashes into Talib anyhow. There is no other explanation. Talib sees the ball thrown, which is why he went after Thomas. Watch Thomas and Talib. Accidents are still penalties. No matter which way you cut it. That's why this is so glaring.

Welker also changes the direction of his route, sharply at the end. How is this debatable?

TFB12 and the Broncos trolls are morons.

no TFB is not a moron and has the right to his opinions--its too bad that that the good points you make get washed away by your incessant name calling and the need to disparage other posters on this forum.  the point just made is well taken, did you need to add insults?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

There is no possible way to know that Welker hit Talib in real time.  Not even in that gif above can you be 100% sure.  You can only tell with super slow motion or look at each screen frame.  The fact is yes Welker hit Talib early, but it was less the 1 second before Thomas touched the ball.  No way to make the call in live speed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

no TFB is not a moron and has the right to his opinions--its too bad that that the good points you make get washed away by your incessant name calling and the need to disparage other posters on this forum.  the point just made is well taken, did you need to add insults?

Thank you Game!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

IDIOT

Talib is covering Thomas in MAN COVERAGE!  Get it, dummy? He's mirroring Thomas's route and Welkie knows Thomas's route.

Wake up, you flippin bandwagon dork.

So because you are playing man then you are going to run through both Arrington and Welker?  What was Talib going to do... stop and squeeze in between Welker and Arrington?

Hahaha, what a tool! 

Clearly you have not watched the play again other then the 1 camera angle gif that just happens to be in 1/4 the speed of the play.  Your remarks are all the same.. slanted, agenda driven and no proof to back them up.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

There is no possible way to know that Welker hit Talib in real time.  Not even in that gif above can you be 100% sure.  You can only tell with super slow motion or look at each screen frame.  The fact is yes Welker hit Talib early, but it was less the 1 second before Thomas touched the ball.  No way to make the call in live speed.

That's fine. I can understand that. However, when a defender of the man who the ball was thrown to hits the deck at about the same time, and definitely not clearly after the ball was thrown, doesn't that warrant a flag. And if not does the replay not show the ball getting there after Welker laid the hit out? Which goes to Blandino giving a falose interpretation. Again. On the field, that has room for discussion. But after looking at the play? Not so much. And that was my main point about it being stinky.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Don't think he and his ilk are belligerent, though? Has there ever been a time where he and his ilk take the side I take?

Think about that, All they do is see what my position is, take the complete opposite positon, just to troll.

The odds of that being the same way on every single topic are 1 million to 1.

It's an illegal pick play and Off PI. You can't engage a defender when the ball is in the air and before a receiver has possession.

End of story. That's the rule.  There is no ifs, ands or buts on that one.

Hooman starts off his route and grazes a LB and it's PI with an awkward replay and commentators in stunned silence, but this is somehow legal and not PI??

Please.

I think we have agreed a time or two. LOL!  No, I will question, comment, correct a post that I feel I would like to comment, question or correct.  I don't single you out.  99% of your posts just happen to be wrong or slanted to push your agenda around here.  I will call out those types of post on this forum, regardless of who it is.

BTW, concerning the PI rule that you mention in your post... Does the player really have to have "possession" of the ball like you wrote or just have touched the ball?  Please clarify.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

That's fine. I can understand that. However, when a defender of the man who the ball was thrown to hits the deck at about the same time, and definitely not clearly after the ball was thrown, doesn't that warrant a flag. And if not does the replay not show the ball getting there after Welker laid the hit out? Which goes to Blandino giving a falose interpretation. Again. On the field, that has room for discussion. But after looking at the play? Not so much. And that was my main point about it being stinky.

Again, you have to watch the FULL plays on tv with both camera angles.  But look at this gif..

It doesn't show Welker launching himself into Talib.  Look at Talib change the path he is taking he even plants his foot like he is going to go arround Arrington but then decides to go inside at Welker.  Welker is rounding off his route and doesn't change his path. 

Like I mentioned in my first post on this thread when you see the camera angle from behind Manning that was shown on tv during the game, it looks like Welker could have been the main option for the pass but due to Collins getting in on the blitz and in Mannings face, he threw it to Thomas.   Thomas looked like he wasn't expecting or ready for the ball, that's why he dropped it.

Dang, this stuff couldn't be more clear.  After breaking this play and hit all down I am surprised BB made the comments he did.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

NFL will spin anything.  It's all grey area for them to manipulate.

Sections
Shortcuts