Welker play "legal"-according to Blandino.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Re: Welker play

Yep, play was clean.  It was pretty much a simultaneous missed pass and collission away from the ball. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I think it's time for the Patriots to sign Pollard. It's time for retribution!!!! As far as Dan Blandino is concerned he's nothing more than a Goodell puppet!!! So when the final stone is cast I hope it lands on the only conspirator in the game Roger Goodell. He's been rigging games since he was put in office and even a dumbazz like myself can tell you what is and isn't a legal pick or a PI, However the folks in Denver could give a s hit less because their team is going to the Super Bowl and now where there is a possibility of a heavy Snow storm Goodell is planning on postponing the game until the weather favors Goober! GFY Goodell get out of America's favorite sport your a freakin loser!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I don't believe Welker intended to hurt Talib necessarily, but he took the opportunity to hit him hard, knowing full well that if Talib goes out the Pats are finished (and they were). It was worth a chance and he took it. 

I have no doubt he would admit the same behind closed doors. I personally believe it was a penalty but the refs call this kind of thing very inconsistentl so you can't wait for the whistle in that case (though we got an offensive pass interference flag for a lot less). Also, Talib's fragility is not Welker's fault, it's just something Welker was smart and tough enough to exploit. 

Welker got the last laugh on this one and while I was initially outraged by it, it makes all kinds of sense to me now. He wanted to impact the football game and he absolutely did. Far more than Amendola that is for sure. 

To try to pretend like the collision was some kind of accident of route running is just ridiculous, and a discredit to Welker's intelligence, toughness, and determination to get the better of Belichick. He did. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:

Yep, play was clean.  It was pretty much a simultaneous missed pass and collission away from the ball. 

GFY your just a happy Bronco fan. If you believe that was a clean play don't complain when in the Super Bowl Sherman or Chancellor take out your WR because they all know it's now legal to destroy any receiver whose in your path oe even a DB which denver has very few left to lose.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

I don't believe Welker intended to hurt Talib necessarily, but he took the opportunity to hit him hard, knowing full well that if Talib goes out the Pats are finished (and they were). It was worth a chance and he took it. 

I have no doubt he would admit the same behind closed doors. I personally believe it was a penalty but the refs call this kind of thing very inconsistentl so you can't wait for the whistle in that case (though we got an offensive pass interference flag for a lot less). Also, Talib's fragility is not Welker's fault, it's just something Welker was smart and tough enough to exploit. 

Welker got the last laugh on this one and while I was initially outraged by it, it makes all kinds of sense to me now. He wanted to impact the football game and he absolutely did. Far more than Amendola that is for sure. 

To try to pretend like the collision was some kind of accident of route running is just ridiculous, and a discredit to Welker's intelligence, toughness, and determination to get the better of Belichick. He did. 

Sorry but WW did intend to take out Talib, and the rezason why i know is because only a guilty Sob would cry not me immediately after the event. If it had been me and I didn't intend to injure or even collide I would't have justified the reporter with an answer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

The question is 'legal or not legal'? And, did Welker need to block like that?

Interesting gif there. What is certain is that Welker was never the intended reciever, he never looks back, Thomas was the read on that pass and possibly no.81 on top. Saying that Talib was responsible for the collision is foolhardy, Talib wants his cover man, Thomas. Welker did'nt need to block like he did, as all he needed to do was stand straight and bump and chip (interrupt) Talibs route to Thomas, that would have been enough to take Talib out of the play.

However, I  feel that Welker (in the instant) feared he would've lost a chip block with Talib and Talib would just bowl him over. A bigger TE would have blocked Talib easily standing up, and it amazes me why a guy with concussion problems, did what he did. Welker didn't intend to injure Talib, imo.

Most likely a planned pick but Welker was too soon with the pick as Thomas hadn't received the ball.  Penalty for sure. If that was a Pats player, guarantee a penaly by the Ref. I think that's what BB is upset about and the Block itself was a Benzai attack, not Kamikazee for that would mean Welker would chance an injury. Welker was just foolish. BB is right on this, IMO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

GFY your just a happy Bronco fan. If you believe that was a clean play don't complain when in the Super Bowl Sherman or Chancellor take out your WR because they all know it's now legal to destroy any receiver whose in your path oe even a DB which denver has very few left to lose.

Clean play.  Obviously.  Did you think that the first non touchdown by Manning was PI on McCourty?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Clean play.  Obviously.  Did you think that the first non touchdown by Manning was PI on McCourty?

If you recall, at that point Nantz was whining. And Sims said well, they are both doing it so it's up to a receiver to fight back. Fight for the football.  Be the first offensive player to draw a flag. Next drive, Hooman gets his PI, which Sims flatly called a pillow fight penalty. He was incredulous. Then Welker does what he does the very next drive. Facts, and video are stubborn things to get away from. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Apparently nobody has Showtime and watched Inside the NFL tonight.

Simms, Collinsworth and Curtis Martin all agree that they don't think it was intentional, shouldn't have been a penalty, they didn't even think Welker tried to run into Talib.  Martin said Welker took the brunt of the collision. Simms said everyone in the league runs that crossing pattern.

Collinsworth and Martin both brought up the scenario of have you ever been walking heading into someone and you both try to guess which direction the other person is going and you both make the same decision and end up running into each other?  Dang, everyone has done that before at least once if not more in their lifetime.  That's a perfect scenario.

What we do know for sure is it was just another AFCCG that Talib exited before halftime.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Blandino is a tool. The nfl refs sux in every game and he goes out and spins, he is a joke. Not just here but in evry gamer. did he ever say anything about the ruffing the SF punter? That really decided the game

As I said ekes where,  listen to heatgph Evans describe the WW play and the way it is supposed to. Be played.

WwDefinitely targeted Talib, and he was early. whether he had intent, cannot say

But ya know? WW is a not a Patriot anymore , he is washed up and we still have Pats fans looking pining away, News Flash, slot receiver was not an issue for thePats this year! Not even a little bit, so can some people give it up on WW. .

and since WW plays the way he plays, something tells me that the seahags  may put him out of his misery. And I wont shed a tearHe really shouldn't be playing. And it will be totally his fault

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Simms, Collinsworth and Curtis Martin all agree that they don't think it was intentional, shouldn't have been a penalty, they didn't even think Welker tried to run into Talib.  Martin said Welker took the brunt of the collision. Simms said everyone in the league runs that crossing pattern.

Collinsworth and Martin both brought up the scenario of have you ever been walking heading into someone and you both try to guess which direction the other person is going and you both make the same decision and end up running into each other?  Dang, everyone has done that before at least once if not more in their lifetime.  That's a perfect scenario.

What we do know for sure is it was just another AFCCG that Talib exited before halftime.

The bigger issue is the discrepancies, again. What was worse? Hoomans or Welkers? Hooman chipped a guy. Welker leveled a guy. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

The bigger issue is the discrepancies, again. What was worse? Hoomans or Welkers? Hooman chipped a guy. Welker leveled a guy. 

Come on, there are always going to be these.  It's part of the game. 

How about the play where Hightower levels Welker over the middle before Manning gets rid of the ball and no call.  Did you see that?  What is your comment on that play?

If you have the game check it out..

First qtr, 11:30 left to play 1st and 10, Broncos on their 30 yard line.  Pass to decker over the middle for gain of 20.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Come on, there are always going to be these.  It's part of the game. 

How about the play where Hightower ran Welker over and no call.  Did you see that?  What is your comment on that play?

Was the ball in play at that time? I can't recall. I do remember the instance you are referring to. I believe it was away from the play. If you can find it let's see it. My problem is, Denver got bailed out the week prior, and then they got bailed out last week. I don't buy these guys don't see everything. Especially in the middle of the field where the ball is in play. That is their one and only job. If I had missed half the stuff these guys supposedly missed in my prior job, I'd be a tiny splatter on some mountainside in Afghanistan. So pardon me if I don't buy the they miss stuff theory. They don't. And if they do, it's a small thing. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Was the ball in play at that time? I can't recall. I do remember the instance you are referring to. I believe it was away from the play. If you can find it let's see it. My problem is, Denver got bailed out the week prior, and then they got bailed out last week. I don't buy these guys don't see everything. Especially in the middle of the field where the ball is in play. That is their one and only job. If I had missed half the stuff these guys supposedly missed in my prior job, I'd be a tiny splatter on some mountainside in Afghanistan. So pardon me if I don't buy the they miss stuff theory. They don't. And if they do, it's a small thing. 

Ball on Denver 30...Welker in the slot to Mannings Left, Decker out wide to Mannings right.  Wes runs a route up the middle of the field, Hightower levels him with a shoulder, Decker running across the middle and catches the ball outside the left hashmarks for a 20 yard gain.  Ball was still in Mannings hand when Hightower knocks Welker down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Ball on Denver 30...Welker in the slot to Mannings Left, Decker out wide to Mannings right.  Wes runs a route up the middle of the field, Hightower levels him with a shoulder, Decker running across the middle and catches the ball outside the left hashmarks for a 20 yard gain.  Ball was still in Mannings hand when Hightower knocks Welker down.

Sounds a hell of a lot like the situation that Welker ran on Talib but instead ran into a linebacker. Probably another "pick" play that just turned bad for Welker. If that's true, then that didn't do anything other than take Welker out of the play, stupid on him. The Talib incident, well that ball was thrown to the guy Talib was covering. If Welker doesn't hit him like that, who knows. That bobble may have been a turnover. Again, I don't think they miss much. It apparently did not it hurt the Broncos so why throw the flag. Would have been pointless.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

That's fine. I can understand that. However, when a defender of the man who the ball was thrown to hits the deck at about the same time, and definitely not clearly after the ball was thrown, doesn't that warrant a flag. And if not does the replay not show the ball getting there after Welker laid the hit out? Which goes to Blandino giving a falose interpretation. Again. On the field, that has room for discussion. But after looking at the play? Not so much. And that was my main point about it being stinky.

Again, you have to watch the FULL plays on tv with both camera angles.  But look at this gif..

It doesn't show Welker launching himself into Talib.  Look at Talib change the path he is taking he even plants his foot like he is going to go arround Arrington but then decides to go inside at Welker.  Welker is rounding off his route and doesn't change his path. 

Like I mentioned in my first post on this thread when you see the camera angle from behind Manning that was shown on tv during the game, it looks like Welker could have been the main option for the pass but due to Collins getting in on the blitz and in Mannings face, he threw it to Thomas.   Thomas looked like he wasn't expecting or ready for the ball, that's why he dropped it.

Dang, this stuff couldn't be more clear.  After breaking this play and hit all down I am surprised BB made the comments he did.

Wrong.

Welker has very good vision for a WR. His original path was in the direction of open space. If it was not a designed pick, he wouldd have continued in the original path. Talib saw that angle and tried to avoid Welker, knowing he needed to keep up with Thomas. Welker, knowing that it was pick, had to react to Talib changing direction.

The bottomline is that they should have been flagged for it at least. Welker hit Talib before the catch. In real time, it actually looks like the pick much earlier than the catch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Sounds a hell of a lot like the situation that Welker ran on Talib but instead ran into a linebacker. Probably another "pick" play that just turned bad for Welker. If that's true, then that didn't do anything other than take Welker out of the play, stupid on him. The Talib incident, well that ball was thrown to the guy Talib was covering. If Welker doesn't hit him like that, who knows. That bobble may have been a turnover. Again, I don't think they miss much. It apparently did not it hurt the Broncos so why throw the flag. Would have been pointless.

Here is the play

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Here is the play

Okay yeah that's pretty much what I figured. It was another pick play. Hightower was responsible for the zone over the middle. So it was another pick play and he found himself a linebacker. Probably figured that Ryan or whomever was on decker was going to come across but instead it was Hightower. Oh well. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

The NFL has a bunch of prostitutes working for them and protect their REFS. BB made the correct call WW was not trying to get open, period. End of discussion except for the mentally challenged!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

What a fraud. Can't get the Gronk explanation correct and in line with what the video is showing, and here again, Welker launches himself at Talib BEFORE the ball was caught. Not looking for the ball. Not trying to avoid the player. Not trying to "rub" him. But according to Blandino, witching the current rules, it's a clean play. Really. See, this is how communism, totalitariaism, collectivization works.  They feed you lies and once you start accepting them, they continue knowing you won't do anything to stop it. Now, you can argue if it was dirty, or intent. Whatever. What you can't argue is he hit him when he should not have. That was not a rub play. Again, the NFL falsely explains a play. Karl Marx and Chairman Mao would be very, very proud.

It's on Ian Raps twitter page.

If that's the case then BB needs to change the way he teaches defensive play.  We can ruin other players careers as well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

Of course it is!  Any clearly illegal play against NE is deemed legal. The refs can pick up flags, run off the field, call penalties in OT that have never been called in NFL history before or since even though NE was victimized by the same infraction earlier in the game AND the NFL misled teams on what the new rule was when showcasing it this offseason.

LMAO

WHat a debacle.

Maybe Dean Blandino can show this is illegal pick by Troy Brown right before half in the 2006 AFC Title game as NE was steamrolling down the field for a 24 or 28-3 halftime lead.

bawahahaha

What a joke.

Another very true statement......how I remember that BS call against Troy Brown in that AFC championship game against the Colts.  We were going to put the game away till that PI call.....another BS call

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

What goes around comes around my friend

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Welker also changes the direction of his route, sharply at the end. How is this debatable?

TFB12 and the Broncos trolls are morons.

Haha, and Talib didn't?  Apparently you didn't read my post.  Shocker!  Fraud, agenda pusher.

IDIOT

Talib is covering Thomas in MAN COVERAGE!  Get it, dummy? He's mirroring Thomas's route and Welkie knows Thomas's route.

Wake up, you flippin bandwagon dork.

I don't think it was man coverage.  If it was, then Welker's defender would have blown his coverage.  He drops off at midfield as if zone and takes Talib's man.  I think it was zone coverage. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

If the Hightower hit came within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage then it was completely legal.  Based on your diagram that's what it appears.

Here is the play

Okay yeah that's pretty much what I figured. It was another pick play. Hightower was responsible for the zone over the middle. So it was another pick play and he found himself a linebacker. Probably figured that Ryan or whomever was on decker was going to come across but instead it was Hightower. Oh well. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Just as you pointed out you can't take out the CB before the ball reaches the receivers hand, you also can't take out a WR past 5yrds if the ball is still in the QB's hands. Both are penalities. Come on man, if you are going to call it one way you have to admit to the other.

I understand that we all route for the laundry but the blinders on this forum are utterly amazing. Everyone needs a goat to blame a lose on and Welkers an easy target for everyone. Where as if you take a step back and think about it these crossing patterns result in collisions all the time. Sometimes between CBs (happened to us this year and ended up taking Dennard out for a couple games), sometimes between WR's (again has happened to us this year), and sometimes between WR's and CBs (yet again happen to us this year on both sides).

The notion it was meant to injure is just silly. I've played the game up to a college level, you want to take someone out you aim for a vital spot, knees or head or hip, and you do so leaning into the hit to add force. You don't turn your shoulder, stand up right, and hit torso. It takes away all your force, the torso is one of the most protected areas, and your shoulder pads turned in that fashion act more like shock absorbers then as hard plates to deliver hits. If you notice Talib leaned into the hit and actually put much more force behind his hit to Welker then the other way around. This shows that Welker was either running a pick and wanted to chip Talib with enough force to knock him off the play but no intention of injury (again look at force delivered and location of hit) or that they both chose the same direction to go in to avoid a collision (again both their last outside steps happened at the same time and both didn't have time to react after that plant had been made) and a collision just occured by accident. 

My god, everyone is looking for something to blame the lose on other then what's in front of them. We lack the talent to match up in the playoffs, Brady isn't the same QB in the playoffs as he was earlier in his career, the D couldn't stop a kitten from holding on to the ball for 7mins and getting points, the coaching staff gets out coached, and the key players we count on most in the playoffs disappear with injures. Instead of blaming 1 player who isn't even on the team anymore how about they start getting higher talent guys on both sides of the board (yes this means spending a little more on 1 player instead of 3 but why should that be a problem if BB is good at finding UDFA's for backups? and it also means spending higher draft picks instead of trading them back for quantity), start developing plays to utilize Brady's strengths at his older age (meaning more play action, screens, quick slants to get the ball out quicker with higher perchantage throws), stop counting on injury prone players in key situations (or 5 starters have been known to have injury issues and of the 5 in any given year only 1-2 actually have made and played significant time in teh AFCCG), and the coaching staff has got to start adapting to the new league rules and stop with this prevent D giving up tons of yards and time but hey they only give up 3 points a drive on 75% of series stuff.

Sections
Shortcuts