Welker sais talks have gotten worse and the Pats have reduced their 2 year offer...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: Welker sais talks have gotten worse and the Pats have reduced their 2 year offer...

"(Laz), That's simply not true.  No one knows what he is asking for as that was never released.  Where do you get you're info?"

Pssh- You wanna KNOW WhereInTH I get MY Infor-Mation from?!?  YOU reaaally WANT To- Know- precisely WHERE my informat- 

"The voices in your head don't count (Laz)...".

Well never mind then...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: Welker sais talks have gotten worse and the Pats have reduced their 2 year offer...

Wes shouldn't have signed his Tender....should have held out as LONG as he could have to get paid a decent deal.  He gave up all his leverage he had....not suprised that talks got worse since he signed his tender.  I know this is stating the obvious here but wish he never signed the tender just to be out with the guys next weeks mini-camp.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

The question I have Is if Wes leaves, how is TB going to feel and play? TB has formed close relationships with many of his receivers but has also gone through a lot of losses. As one gets toward the end of one's career one tends to prefer some stability. Tom and Wes have a close relationship and I wonder if it will effect Tom's play to see Wes "short-changed". We like to think of TB as a professional but all professional have feelings as well. Professionals try to put their feelings aside and just focus on the task but I wonder if this will have some adverse effect on Tom?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In Response to Re: Welker sais talks have gotten worse and the Pats have reduced their 2 year offer...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Welker sais talks have gotten worse and the Pats have reduced their 2 year offer... : Exactly, and really that could be best for both parties. Let's say they franchise him again next year (can they still do that?) - he'd still be making around 20 million for two season, which is more than the pats were offering and he was asking.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

What next year? After this strategic gaff, he's lucky if he isn't traded now. Regardless, there is no way he gets tagged next season. That would be a huge waste of the investment $. WW's days in NE are nearly over if he does not accept a drastically reduced, 2-year contract moving forward. And again, IF he's not traded before he gets to make a decision on his future now. Me, I've said all along since his "I don't know" about participating in OTAs, BYE-BYE WES!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In Response to Re: Welker sais talks have gotten worse and the Pats have reduced their 2 year offer...:
    [QUOTE]The question I have Is if Wes leaves, how is TB going to feel and play? TB has formed close relationships with many of his receivers but has also gone through a lot of losses. As one gets toward the end of one's career one tends to prefer some stability. Tom and Wes have a close relationship and I wonder if it will effect Tom's play to see Wes "short-changed". We like to think of TB as a professional but all professional have feelings as well. Professionals try to put their feelings aside and just focus on the task but I wonder if this will have some adverse effect on Tom?
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

Agree NYC.  We'll see how this plays out, hoping Tommy B relationship with Wes plays somewhat of a role here (not that we'll ever know as far as the negotiations go but just sayin')  I know Zolak has been mentioning this too on the sport hub....he has been mentioning Brady's name alot in regards when they talk Wes W's contract.....hmmm.  Hopefully #12's influence plays a role here at some point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Welker sais talks have gotten worse and the Pats have reduced their 2 year offer... : karp, that is harsh. free to disagree. no need to disparage. be well.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Woz is a big boy and an ex player. he can handle it, and dish it.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Pro Football Talk is reporting that the pats are upset that Welker went public with their low ball offer. This is what is starting to get old with me - you low ball a guy and heaven forbid he complains? The guy has been a good soldier here from day one...it's not like he came out and said Mr. Kraft hates indians.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Well, to be fair, he signs the tender and then immediately turns around and goes public with their personal conversations, it's problem and somehting I would advise against if I was an agent. It's unprofessional on Wes's part. And its misleading.  "Worse" is subjective.  They may have gone for more years, but at less money. That's not necessarily "worse". This is the problem. The players don't really understand this part (nor should they, they're players). Their agents continue to brainwash them with unrealistic results and then the player starts to lash out. If true about Welker wanting 10 mil+ for 4 years as a ballpark deal, then they need to ask him if he'd like to be traded. I'd rather have Gronk paid before he hits the market and deal with that mess than overpay Welker. Welker needs to decide...money or years? You never, ever pay the FA on what they DID. You pay them based on the market and your perception of where the market is going.
    Posted by BassFishingII[/QUOTE]

"f true about Welker wanting 10 mil+ for 4 years as a ballpark deal, then they need to ask him if he'd like to be traded."

was
    now with bb playing hardball this long he may be hoping for 3 years adn 27-30.
    id think 2 at 16 (at least 8 guaranteed), 3 at  21 might be on the table (whether pats have said so or not?