Welker says: "I want to win, that above everything."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Welker says: "I want to win, that above everything."

So, what does that say about his decision to leave the Pats?  The Pats aren't a team on which he can count as continuing to satisfy his " I want to win.... " statement?  Apparently leaving his friendship with Brady behind was not really that hard, was it?  When all is said and done, Welker wanted to get paid.  Yes, it is understandable getting paid is important for a player given there is no guarantees they will even last a season.  It does appear more than anything else that he put his ego to get paid above all else considering he was already part of a winning franchise and with a QB who also believes winning is most important.  You know, between his agent, who was driving this getting paid issue, and the fact he did get married recently, one wonders how much the influence of those persons drove him?  Basically the whispers in the ear of "we can get two more million dollars from the Broncos, sc*ew the Pats and Brady, let's go!"  Both have much to gain from those extra 2 million dollars!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Welker says:

I'm pretty sure what he was saying was hey look, the Broncos are serious about winning, look what they are doing to better their team.  They are one of the big winners in FA, have made solid move! Meanwhile in NE..............Crickets!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

TFB, I can see that, but, does needing to make a BIG splash in the FA market, at least according to Welker, is the sign a team wants to win?  What did Denver do other than sign him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I'm pretty sure what he was saying was hey look, the Broncos are serious about winning, look what they are doing to better their team.  They are one of the big winners in FA, have made solid move! Meanwhile in NE..............Crickets!!!

Unfortunately you don't win the Super Bowl in March. Please, if you're this upset, go cheer for the Broncos. They have Welker, who you seem to value above the Patriots, and they're willing to sign players in March... if this appeals to you so much, perhaps you should be rooting for them. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Welker saw how Brady played himself right out of MVP contention and was on the field against the Ravens when Brady laid the egg!

"Peyton Manning here I come is -this guy uis getting way too old!"what he was thinking!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Manning is OLDER than Brady!!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

switch your avatar to peyton manning then, TROLL.

Who are you?  What was your prior screen name? 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Unfortunately you don't win the Super Bowl in March.

Hahaha, this line is so worn out. 

How can you even deny that the Pats lost out big in FA.  A lot of really good players went to teams without the teams over spending, went on very reasonable deals, deals the Patriots should have jumped at.  The act is old, the Patriots system doesn't work anymore and it's hurting badly.  Very disappointed in how my fav team has chosen to handle FA so far.  Long way to go until the season starts but there were many players they missed out on because they are too stuborn to evolve with the times.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

i'm the guy who owns you

Own Me?  You Haven't said a smart thing in the 2 1/2 day I have noticed you on here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's the common I want to go to a winner line. Lucky for Welker not only did he go to a team that could win but a team that wouldn't try to haggle over 1mil extra a year. I do honestly believe BB didn't want Welker back, for whatever reason, and made sure there offer was 1mil less per year just to mess with him. Honestly if you #1 WR wants a reasonable deal (2 for 12 is extremely reasonable and all of us would have jumped at that before the FA period started) then 1mil doesn't make a difference and you pay him. It's not like he was asking for 4mil extra a year on an already unreasonable deal. Clearly BB no longer wanted him and Welker wanted to rub it into BB a little nothing more. The real question is why BB didn't want him and why the dog and pony show? Why even make an offer at all? It would have been better if they didn't even make an offer to begin with and just said we are moving in a different direction. But, the fake show to appear to make a fake effort and then to sign an extremely similar player who is not nearly as durable for more? There is something we don't know about and that's what pisses me off the most. Because clearly they aren't changing their offensive philosphy or minor tweaks at best so why ever waste time, just wipe your hands clean and move on instead of wasting an entire day pretending you wanted to sign him

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Unfortunately you don't win the Super Bowl in March.

Hahaha, this line is so worn out. 

How can you even deny that the Pats lost out big in FA.  A lot of really good players went to teams without the teams over spending, went on very reasonable deals, deals the Patriots should have jumped at.  The act is old, the Patriots system doesn't work anymore and it's hurting badly.  Very disappointed in how my fav team has chosen to handle FA so far.  Long way to go until the season starts but there were many players they missed out on because they are too stuborn to evolve with the times.

I now take it that you have the ability to see the future? Please tell me where you got that ability... I could use it.

Yet again, it might be worn out, but you don't win a Super Bowl in March... you win nothing in March, despite the talking-heads and people like you pretending that games are determined in March.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I now take it that you have the ability to see the future? Please tell me where you got that ability... I could use it.

Yet again, it might be worn out, but you don't win a Super Bowl in March... you win nothing in March, despite the talking-heads and people like you pretending that games are determined in March.

The Pats systems has caused the team a couple SB's.  Had they just went out and paid a bit more to get that extra CB or WR it would have been SB city x 2 or even 3.  Maybe not even get the extra CB or WR but maybe just spent a little extra to get that better CB or WR.  Instead we seen signings like Ocho, Tory Holt, Addai, Stallworth, Gaffney, Haynsworth, I could go on and on but it just makes me feel even more disappointed. 

So when you think you are being funny by asking if I have the ability to see the future all I gotta say is the Patriots way is... the past equals the future!  They haven't changed a thing over the years.   Shame on me thinking maybe this year they would go all in... I guess that wise crack of yours really wasn't to funny now was it.

The road to the SB starts in March, maybe you should think about that one and pass it on!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

i'm the guy who owns you

Own Me?  You Haven't said a smart thing in the 2 1/2 day I have noticed you on here.

i told you welker would be gone didn't i :)

Did you?  I don't recall.  Maybe it was with a different screen name, How many screen names did you say you currently have?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

he said he wanted to be on either the broncos or patriots, both are set up to win....just because there are "crickets" right now on the patriots free agency front, doesnt mean they arent working hard to get deals done. the patriots need to work on re-signing their own players right now like talib and vollmer, and im sure thats on the top of their list. the only move the broncos made besides the welker deal was to acquire an underachieving cornerback....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

The Pats systems has caused the team a couple SB's.  Had they just went out and paid a bit more to get that extra CB or WR it would have been SB city x 2 or even 3.  Maybe not even get the extra CB or WR but maybe just spent a little extra to get that better CB or WR.  Instead we seen signings like Ocho, Tory Holt, Addai, Stallworth, Gaffney, Haynsworth, I could go on and on but it just makes me feel even more disappointed. 

So when you think you are being funny by asking if I have the ability to see the future all I gotta say is the Patriots way is... the past equals the future!  They haven't changed a thing over the years.   Shame on me thinking maybe this year they would go all in... I guess that wise crack of yours really wasn't to funny now was it.

The road to the SB starts in March, maybe you should think about that one and pass it on!!

Just a lot of noise in here and fluff in that post... point is, if Tyree doesn't get a 1-in-a-million miracle, and if Welker catches a catchable, albeit tough (BUT STILL CATCHABLE) ball, then we win 5 Super Bowls in 10 years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think Welker was saying he's going to play or a winner.  Manning s no slouch.  Good luck to him.  I'd vote him to the pats hall of fame one day. The younger we get in all positions the longer we will be a perpetual winner

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought they would go all in this year too, clearly I was wrong. It's obvious they are in love with getting the better of the deal and looking smarter than everyone else, than winning football games. For three years we heard  from this franchise how people that spent would pay for those sins and  there was going to be all sorts of players had for cheap this off season...well it looks like everyone else is doing just fine. The SEahawks have signed just about every defensive player in fooball - I'm surprised they didn't sign Welker too just for fun. Meanwhile the top defensive talent is gonzo and we're sitting here with an injury prone slot receiver that we paid too much for. Our HOF QB has probably removed the Kraft family from his Christmas card list.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts