Welker Stifled By BB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Welker Stifled By BB?

Wes was a very good player in New England and seemed like a decent guy but this makes him sound like a whiner.Dude your in Denver now move on. The reality is he should thank BB for rescuing him from Miami back in 2007.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

BB chides everybody. I listened to Tom Brady one time saying BB was dogging him out for making bad decisions. Bradt was thinking to himself at the time how can talk to me like that and I'm a pro bowl and 3 time super Bowl winner. It doesn't matter with BB. This is the same thing Parcells used to do. There are no favorites. Amazing how the whining comes out after a player leaves. Maybe Welker should whine about the dropped pass in SB 46 that could've sealed a victory but didn't. The bottom line is as you notice BB is the same with everyone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I do wonder what the team would be like if BB allowed the players room to "be themselves" personality wise on the field, show some emotion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

He looks worse for sounding like a butt hurt little girl. He chose Denver. Very simple. He gambled on a lively market and lost.  

BB is very good at sniffing out ego problems and walking away. 

Welker has no one to blame but himself. My theory of him preferring to be in NE with his buddy Brady, with BB continuing to sniff it out, gains even more momentum.

No one is above the team and I love it. 

There is no momentum added to your goofy conspiracy theories dumbkoff.

Welker, who is old now, dropped big balls in big games and didn't jump at the chance to remain on the team when it was offered. There's all the reasons you need to see why they let him walk. These are actual facts, unlike the mad rantings that you make up in your coo coo bird head.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to gopats1976's comment:

His best years are behind him. Moss and Welker changed the passing game for Brady. Gronk and Hernandez also changed it. Zero Super Bowl rings for all five as teammates. Need to get back to the days of Troy Brown and bunch of team first, type of WR and TE.

RESPONSE:...and play better defense, like in the old days, too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Hearing Wes whine the way he has makes me glad that he's gone. I now can understand why BB wanted to be rid of him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

He looks worse for sounding like a butt hurt little girl. He chose Denver. Very simple. He gambled on a lively market and lost.  

BB is very good at sniffing out ego problems and walking away. 

Welker has no one to blame but himself. My theory of him preferring to be in NE with his buddy Brady, with BB continuing to sniff it out, gains even more momentum.

No one is above the team and I love it. 

There is no momentum added to your goofy conspiracy theories dumbkoff.

Welker, who is old now, dropped big balls in big games and didn't jump at the chance to remain on the team when it was offered. There's all the reasons you need to see why they let him walk. These are actual facts, unlike the mad rantings that you make up in your coo coo bird head.

Yes, 2 years removed from rejecting their best offer, he was still trying to nickel and dime personally on the phone until the 11th hour, but BB called his bluff and said 5 mil per and no more.

They aren't going to overpay as someone gets older and put that amount of money into that part of the field.

I wouldn't be surprised if BB pulled the contract completely off the table once Welker got the 6 million offer from Denver, when Welkie tried to see if BB would go higher.

BB doesn't like to be dictated to in the GM seat and I love it. No one is above the team. Not even Brady.  Welker slipped into a little bit of an apparent ego battle with BB and lost.  He couldn't have looked any more miserable the day he was up on that podium and now he's still talking about the Pats in Broncos camp. Very transparent.   His agent blew it, Welker blew it, and Gomer is 3-9 outdoors in the postseason. Don't expect him to be better at age 38 and 39 outdoors, with Welkie also aging.

Thank you, BB, for always looking out for the greater good of the team and not budging, especially when his best friend the QB just restructured.

See dumbkoff, you are capable of making some sense if you set aside your conspiracy theory delusions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

even in their "advanced" age, manning and welker will probably be more productive than many of their counterparts on other teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Are  you saying that BB has no ego problem? He should be sniffing himself. Most egotistical coach I ever seen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

No there's nothing wrong with that.  He's just trying to re- wite history now.

He's not happy how it turned out and he's trying to blame somebody else

Not sure he's trying to rewrite it, given that he was stifled (see thread title), he's now telling his side of the story.  As an original source to his own history and sharing it for the first time, I'd call that writing it - not rewriting it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

even in their "advanced" age, manning and welker will probably be more productive than many of their counterparts on other teams.

Yep. Not a Peyton fan, at all. But the bionic man hasn't shown much rust in Denver. I expect Wes will keep his record as one of the most profilic receivers with PM.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

WW was a warrior

He got the S*** knocked out of him , got up and played

He came back from a very tuff injury

someday he will probably get into the ring of honor at Gillette

I think he was the primary target too often and he got hit alot, with the injuries to Gronk and AH, the ineffectiveness of the wr's,WW got beat up in games and when beat up as much as he was and as small as he is he missed very tough catchable balls at the end of games

I didn't see much to what he said - BB is all business - he put a value on WW and let WW walk, and BB will do it with anyone. Very few of the great coaches are "players coaches". Also With the hits WW took and his age i think BB was right.

BB isn't just a yelling coach either - he has a message to the player on what he has to do to        "Do your job"

I don't want Amendola to get near the receptions WW got either. I prefer the ball be spread around to all the new wr's and rb's. I think we will see it too- and now wwe jsut may have some real speed and size on the outside. If this happens and the Pats win don't compare the numbers of Amendola and WW

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

WW was a warrior

I think he was the primary target too often and he got hit alot, with the injuries to Gronk and AH, the ineffectiveness of the wr's,WW got beat up in games and when beat up as much as he was and as small as he is he missed very tough catchable balls at the end of games

I didn't see much to what he said - BB is all business - he put a value on WW and let WW walk, and BB will do it with anyone. Very few of the great coaches are "players coaches". Also With the hits WW took and his age i think BB was right.

BB isn't just a yelling coach either - he has a message to the player on what he has to do to        "Do your job"

I don't want Amendola to get near the receptions WW got either. I prefer the ball be spread around to all the new wr's and rb's. I think we will see it too- and now wwe jsut may have some real speed and size on the outside. If this happens and the Pats win don't compare the numbers of Amendola and WW

It's hard to argue w/ BB's success/record with the Patriots.  That being said, I still want to see more emotion/intensity on the field with the players....and for the DC to take more risk this year with defensive play calling. I wonder if BB's "way" sometimes takes away from taking advantage of an individual's talent by being constrained by a system.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

Are  you saying that BB has no ego problem? He should be sniffing himself. Most egotistical coach I ever seen.

Where the hell did this come from? A guy who reviles the spotlight is egotistical? Most usually opt for arrogant when they want to slam BB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

WW was a warrior

It's hard to argue w/ BB's success/record with the Patriots.  That being said, I still want to see more emotion/intensity on the field with the players....and for the DC to take more risk this year with defensive play calling. I wonder if BB's "way" sometimes takes away from taking advantage of an individual's talent by being constrained by a system.

Its not gonna be Patricia. He is a yes man. BB would have to walk down and take the headset from him when he wants to blitz. I mean he could tell Matty P to get more agressive but im sure Matty remembers Dean Peas and so he doesnt want to get the axe like he did for calling untimely sellout blitzes(see SB 42 game winner vs Hobbs) and so I believe all these in house hires are never gonna take a chance. Romeo is needed. It kind of S*cks because while I am a fan and will be watching, I kind of already know without a real D coordinator we are gonna get lit up come playoff time but u still have to watch and hope...smh

Sections
Shortcuts