Welker Suffers Concussion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Welker Suffers Concussion

He sufferered another concussion against the Texans tonight. Gotta think his career is nearing the end. Health is more important. Sad to see this.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: Welker Suffers Concussion

I want to say that was a clean hit on him. Guy didn't lead with head and lowered his shoulder into Welker who just happens to be shorter and going down a bit at the time. Yeah it looked bad, but one more of those and Welker's career is over and future health very worrisome.

I truly wonder if he really regrets leaving the Pats as he wasnt getting these concussion causing hits while here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

This is the difference between Manning and Brady. I believe that Brady seldom put Welker in a position to sustain a big hit like he has the last two seasons with Manning. 

It is too bad because he has always played with abandonment and attacked a defense. I wish him luck but would like to see Denver lose a weapon and be a little less than they are now.

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

So I watched the replay again, I still hold,my opinion it was a clean hit and a classic old fashioned american football hit. How he left the field and reports seem he could be back pretty soon.

however, did anyone see Manning to get in the face of the defender who hit him? Hahaha, I can without doubt say if a Broncos player laid down a hit like that on an opposing player he wouldn't notice, care or say a thing to him about it. I am sorry, but it smacks of "how dare you possibly ruin my season by taking a weapon from me." Typical pouting Peyton when something doesn't go his way or something happens he doesn't like. However, I have never seen him do that before, which makes this all the more strange.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Hope the guy is ok in the long run. Not a good thing for his future in the NFL however.

Edited after viewing the hit:  Looked clean to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Peyton is about as intimidating as a box of kittens. Hope wes Is ok but that was a clean hit. Wes literally lowered his head into the contact.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Gotta believe he's pretty much done.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Once these guys get one...they get another...then another. Hopefully for his sake it isn't serious, if it is his career might be over.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

So I watched the replay again, I still hold,my opinion it was a clean hit and a classic old fashioned american football hit. How he left the field and reports seem he could be back pretty soon.

however, did anyone see Manning to get in the face of the defender who hit him? Hahaha, I can without doubt say if a Broncos player laid down a hit like that on an opposing player he wouldn't notice, care or say a thing to him about it. I am sorry, but it smacks of "how dare you possibly ruin my season by taking a weapon from me." Typical pouting Peyton when something doesn't go his way or something happens he doesn't like. However, I have never seen him do that before, which makes this all the more strange.

Don't see it that way at all. Wouldn't you go to bat for a teammate and one who is critical to team success? I would. I have seen Brady do it on more than a few occasions. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

He should retire, 

But maybe in ten years he can sue the nfl?

Can never question his toughness here,but so who do you want now?

WW or Amendola? 

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Must be something to do with Peyton's style of passing. Remember Colley had a few concussions in Indy before he had to quit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Peyton tees his receivers up over the middle.  

Welkers hit was clean just like his hit on talib.  I honestly thought talib would be the first one to go down, I stand corrected. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

But, but I'm a good poster!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

This is the difference between Manning and Brady. I believe that Brady seldom put Welker in a position to sustain a big hit like he has the last two seasons with Manning. 

It is too bad because he has always played with abandonment and attacked a defense. I wish him luck but would like to see Denver lose a weapon and be a little less than they are now.

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

[object HTMLDivElement]

I agree. Manning has a history of WRs with concussion problems you just don't see in NE. Sad to see for sure.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think the issue with Manning and Welker is arm strength. Brady has more velocity on the ball at this point in his career than Manning has. So that split second or two means the difference of Welker being able to get into a position of not being killed (with Brady) and being closer to the defenders and more exposed (with Manning). Also, Welker may have slowed down a little too, showing up in worst reaction times.

I have heard a lot about ball position but I think it might be timing related more than position of the pass.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Hit looked clean.  But this won't be Welker's only concussion this season. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I want to say that was a clean hit on him. Guy didn't lead with head and lowered his shoulder into Welker who just happens to be shorter and going down a bit at the time. Yeah it looked bad, but one more of those and Welker's career is over and future health very worrisome.

I truly wonder if he really regrets leaving the Pats as he wasnt getting these concussion causing hits while here.

He's already had too many. By the time he's forty, he'll have to wear a bib because of a continuous drool strand hanging off his lower lip. Sad thing to see. I enjoyed his toughness no matter where he played.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I can't agree with that. A lot of TB's dink and dunks were thrown low where Welker could have been just as susceptible to a clean hit and get concussed. Stop hating on PM and add meaningful fudder to the conversation please. Sometimes you have to concur with the most disdained poster on this forum and this is enough to ramp up another rant from him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In response to oklahomapatriot's comment:

Must be something to do with Peyton's style of passing. Remember Colley had a few concussions in Indy before he had to quit.

Those were illegal hits to his coconut. Big difference.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

Looked like a clean hit w/ his shoulder right on welker's head. He had his bell rung with the Patriots as well. There's plenty of data out there already that show that the symptoms of recurrent traumatic brain injury is cumulative - and that it becomes increasingly difficult to recover w/ each subsequent blow.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

I don't think there's any hard evidence to suggest that Manning receiver's get concussions at a higher rate than Brady receivers.  Didn't Amendola have two last season, and Edelman one?

There is probably a higher incidence of concussions based on the WRs routes, like the one Wes ran.

Sections
Shortcuts