Welker Suffers Concussion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Welker Suffers Concussion

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

He sufferered another concussion against the Texans tonight. Gotta think his career is nearing the end. Health is more important. Sad to see this.

[/QUOTE]

Don't want to sound cold, but this is why BB let him walk. Frankly, I don't think Peyton will miss him.

Did you see what Emmanuel Sanders did last night (5 catches for 128 yards, and 2 TDs)? BB should have offered a few more dollars for him, and parted with the 91st overall pick in 2013, to get him as a restricted free agent. That pick ended up being used to draft Duron Harmon, who the Pats could have landed much later, or as an undrafted free agent (according to BB's own scouts). This is not hind sight on my part. I said this during the preseason last year. I always liked Sanders as a player in Pittsburgh...and he has played well against the Patriots in the past.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

the other thing Reiss said that because of the timing of FA, that BB could not wait for ww and if he didn't sign da , he could have lost both

Not having ww last year did not cost the Pats a SB, or did I miss something with the broncs?

and having Ww now instead of DA might cost us a sb this year

I would have taken DA over  ww last year, and it's a no brainier for this year

In the end bb made the right decision

[object HTMLDivElement]

Again, bb did not make the decision.  Welker did.

Who signed first, Welker or Scam?

It won't be a good choice unless DA can stay healthy and produce and so far, no cigar.

Speaking of blunders and probably one of the worst.

Woodhead had 76 catches last year.  WOW

When any of our backs/receivers have that many (other than JE) wake me up.

Ours are more likely to catch a cold from being in the hot tub too much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

He sufferered another concussion against the Texans tonight. Gotta think his career is nearing the end. Health is more important. Sad to see this.

[/QUOTE]

Don't want to sound cold, but this is why BB let him walk. Frankly, I don't think Peyton will miss him.

Did you see what Emmanuel Sanders did last night (5 catches for 128 yards, and 2 TDs)? BB should have offered a few more dollars for him, and parted with the 91st overall pick in 2013, to get him as a restricted free agent. That pick ended up being used to draft Duron Harmon, who the Pats could have landed much later, or as an undrafted free agent (according to BB's own scouts). This is not hind sight on my part. I said this during the preseason last year. I always liked Sanders as a player in Pittsburgh...and he has played well against the Patriots in the past.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed...Welkie has a huge target on his head, literally, and his bell will get rung early and often in this NFL season, particularly by the Donkey's division opponents. Swacking the little guy in the dome is well worth the penalty and fine if it gets him out of the game.

He's a gamer but early onset Alzheimers is not worth the cash he's making....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As an aside, their best punt returner and 4th or 5th WR, Jordan Norwood, blew out his ACL recently which has been buried by the media for some reason.

The other thing to watch for the entitled Gomie and Denver, will be how fast they rush Welkie back out there with that large helmet of his. WHat do they do now, get a larger Spaceballs helmet?

This is where ego and arrogance begin to become awkward to watch by even a player's most ardent supporters.

PatsEng and TFB12 must be on suicide watch by now.

[/QUOTE]

Don't you love to see opposing teams' players go down to injuries. You are one sick f#ck.

[/QUOTE]

he's doing the happy dance while other players get hurt but when a Patriot player gets hurt (and there will be at least a few), he'll cry and scream if anyone says "good riddance, blah blah blah" He's a pathetic piece of....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

the other thing Reiss said that because of the timing of FA, that BB could not wait for ww and if he didn't sign da , he could have lost both

Not having ww last year did not cost the Pats a SB, or did I miss something with the broncs?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

It won't be a good choice unless DA can stay healthy and produce and so far, no cigar.

[/QUOTE]

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

that is sort of semantics on bb, bb made the decision to sign DA, I think you might be playing semantics, but whatever. DA is here, Ww is not And the pats are better

I liked Woodhead, but he is not Vereen either. Also he sux at blocking, he was going to get TB killed

Not having Woodhead didn't cost the SB either. I don't get wrapped up in individual stats too much as it really comes down to what the team did, different for a qb tho. would he helped early last year probably, but not against Denver as our oline went into a funk and the D was depleted

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

that is sort of semantics on bb, bb made the decision to sign DA, I think you might be playing semantics, but whatever. DA is here, Ww is not And the pats are better

I liked Woodhead, but he is not Vereen either. Also he sux at blocking, he was going to get TB killed

Not having Woodhead didn't cost the SB either. I don't get wrapped up in individual stats too much as it really comes down to what the team did, different for a qb tho. would he helped early last year probably, but not against Denver as our oline went into a funk and the D was depleted

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Didn't bb make that decision AFTER WW signed with Denver?  That's not semantics, just facts.

Eeeh?  Woodhead is a good blocker.  Don't know where you got that.

Welker and Woody might have made a difference.

When your D allows scores on 6 of 7 drives, you need offense.

Also Welker, if nothing else, knocked out our best defensive player so those 6 scores might not have happened either.

Woody just makes things happen.  Vereen, while electric has been disappointing.

Water and electricity just don't mix. Too much time in the water as far as I'm concerned.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think there's any hard evidence to suggest that Manning receiver's get concussions at a higher rate than Brady receivers.  Didn't Amendola have two last season, and Edelman one?

There is probably a higher incidence of concussions based on the WRs routes, like the one Wes ran.

[/QUOTE]

I only recall one concussion of Amendola last year, and it was vs. New Orleans on an end-around (not a pass) when he basically tried to go through a wall head first. A really dumb play on his part. I don't remember Edelman being concussed at all? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Didn't bb make that decision AFTER WW signed with Denver?  That's not semantics, just facts.

Also Welker, if nothing else, knocked out our best defensive player so those 6 scores might not have happened either.

Water and electricity just don't mix. Too much time in the water as far as I'm concerned.

[/QUOTE]

My memory was that da came first, but maybe I'm wrong, I just remember reading Reiss saying bb had to move, the dollars weren't right for ww, I remember Kraft not being happy with ww too, but geez it's too long ago for me to remember

On the blocking I saw more than a few times he was just run over on a blitz, I still see one vividly in my mind, and it have few of those lol

This season we shall see what happens with Vereen I guess, but with TB talking about hitting the open man, I just want to step away from measuring on number of receptions

Thats true on ww hitting talib, so maybe ww did cost us a SB lol , but as depleted as we were I have to admit my bad angels were afraid of the seahags

not this year tho

keep posting  , interesting debate is good

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

My memory was that da came first, but maybe I'm wrong, I just remember reading Reiss saying bb had to move, the dollars weren't right for ww, I remember Kraft not being happy with ww too, but geez it's too long ago for me to remember

On the blocking I saw more than a few times he was just run over on a blitz, I still see one vividly in my mind, and it have few of those lol

This season we shall see what happens with Vereen I guess, but with TB talking about hitting the open man, I just want to step away from measuring on number of receptions

Thats true on ww hitting talib, so maybe ww did cost us a SB lol , but as depleted as we were I have to admit my bad angels were afraid of the seahags

not this year tho

keep posting  , interesting debate is good

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Ok you don't like receiving stats.  I have to respectfully disagree because individual receiver stats ( and all players) are what contribute to team wins, when you put it all together.

How about TD's?  Is 8 good enough for you?  That's as many as Amendola and Edelman, collectively and what Woody had, last year.

I think you're right though.  Don't think the would have beaten the Hawks

I know this is bad to say, but I'm kind of glad they didn't have to play them.

That team last year just made me feel very uneasy at times.  It was amazing they did as well as they did, IMO

I do feel differently (so far) this year, too,  assuming good health. 

Cheers!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think there's any hard evidence to suggest that Manning receiver's get concussions at a higher rate than Brady receivers.  Didn't Amendola have two last season, and Edelman one?

There is probably a higher incidence of concussions based on the WRs routes, like the one Wes ran.

[/QUOTE]

I only recall one concussion of Amendola last year, and it was vs. New Orleans on an end-around (not a pass) when he basically tried to go through a wall head first. A really dumb play on his part. I don't remember Edelman being concussed at all? 

[/QUOTE]

"Solders concussions are Brady's fault. I told everyone that last year". Doug Irwin

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to cousteau's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

As an aside, their best punt returner and 4th or 5th WR, Jordan Norwood, blew out his ACL recently which has been buried by the media for some reason.

The other thing to watch for the entitled Gomie and Denver, will be how fast they rush Welkie back out there with that large helmet of his. WHat do they do now, get a larger Spaceballs helmet?

This is where ego and arrogance begin to become awkward to watch by even a player's most ardent supporters.

[/QUOTE]

Don't you love to see opposing teams' players go down to injuries. You are one sick f#ck.

[/QUOTE]

he's doing the happy dance while other players get hurt but when a Patriot player gets hurt (and there will be at least a few), he'll cry and scream if anyone says "good riddance, blah blah blah" He's a pathetic piece of....

[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I have never seen anyone so happy about a players injury. And when that player is an ex star here, it's even harder to fathom. Wes gave his heart and soul to this team, and put his body at risk game in and game out. He is an all time Patriot. To see someone pat themselves on the back because "Welkie" is hurt is despicable 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Here's the hit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrLO8SAGB0A" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrLO8SAGB0A" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrLO8SAGB0A

And here's Peyton being a Richard about it later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngtMb7k3YeU

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Shouldn't tfb12 sound in here and side with Rusty?  Haha. If you listen to the WW supporters here BB let him go.......and they are right.  Smart posters new this was a good move.  Sorry to see it happen to Wes but the human body can only take so much.  Seriously, he played about 8 meaningful games after leaving the Pats.  Remember the giant helmuf he was wearing in the playoffs? The only reason BB should have kept him is if he could have foreseen WW taking out Talib in the title game. (Any good GM would have seen this coming).

btw, again, Amendola was not brought here to replace WW, JE played behind him for 4 years and grew into the role.  He is much younger and has a lot more football ahead of him than WW. He also outperformed WW last year.  Think he will this year?  Good move BB.  Hard to imagine that 6/7 years from now these same WW fans will be crying about some young kid (who is probably in high school now) replacing there favorite player, JE.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Shouldn't tfb12 sound in here and side with Rusty?  Haha. If you listen to the WW supporters here BB let him go.......and they are right.  Smart posters new this was a good move.  Sorry to see it happen to Wes but the human body can only take so much.  Seriously, he played about 8 meaningful games after leaving the Pats.  Remember the giant helmuf he was wearing in the playoffs? The only reason BB should have kept him is if he could have foreseen WW taking out Talib in the title game. (Any good GM would have seen this coming).

btw, again, Amendola was not brought here to replace WW, JE played behind him for 4 years and grew into the role.  He is much younger and has a lot more football ahead of him than WW. He also outperformed WW last year.  Think he will this year?  Good move BB.  Hard to imagine that 6/7 years from now these same WW fans will be crying about some young kid (who is probably in high school now) replacing there favorite player, JE.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Looks like he replaced him to me.

Smart posters know that amandola is often injured and under performing and over paid.

Smart posters know if he doesn't stay healthy this year, he will be gone.

Once again, bb didn't make any decision.  WELKER MADE THE DECISION TO TAKE A LESSOR OFFER.

He was their FIRST PRIORITY, according to the OWNER OF THE PATRIOTS.

Are you saying he's not a smart Pats fan and has no clue about his team?

I really don't have a clue where some of this stuff comes from.

Amendola agrees with Patriots
    Updated: March 14, 2013, 7:28 PM ET
    ESPN.com news services

Comments4K
    Email
    Print

The New England Patriots moved quickly to replace Wes Welker, agreeing to terms with wide receiver Danny Amendola on a five-year contract Wednesday, league sources tell ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Big Shoes To Fill

Danny Amendola will be hard-pressed to prove as durable as Wes Welker. Since entering the NFL in 2009, Amendola has missed 23 games.
    Welker And Amendola Since 2009
    Welker Amendola
    Games missed 3 23
    Rec per game 7.4 4.7
    Yds per rec 11.4 8.8
    Average YAC 5.6 4.4
    -- ESPN Stats & Information

Amendola's deal is worth $31 million, including $10 million guaranteed.

"Blessed. Thankful. Excited to get to work. Go Pats," Amendola tweeted Wednesday night.

Amendola's agreement comes hours after Welker left the Patriots for a two-year deal with the Denver Broncos. That deal is worth $12 million, sources told Schefter.

The 27-year-old Amendola finished last season with 63 receptions for 666 yards and three touchdowns in 11 games for the St. Louis Rams.

He missed virtually all of the 2011 season after dislocating his left elbow in the opener, and then injuring a triceps muscle after returning to practice. In 2011, Amendola played under then-offensive assistant coach Josh McDaniels, who is now the Patriots' offensive coordinator.

Amendola has 196 receptions for 1,726 yards and seven touchdowns in 42 career games.

Amendola previously has been compared to Welker because of their elusiveness and ability to play in the slot.

In New England, Amendola has big shoes to fill in Welker, who had 672 receptions over six seasons (an average of 112 per season) with the Patriots. Welker had a team-high 118 catches for 1,354 yards and six touchdowns last season.

That's more than double the yards  and 3 times the TD's in 5 more games.

#daunderperformerinagoodyear

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Smart posters know that amandola is often injured and under performing and over paid.

Once again, bb didn't make any decision.  WELKER MADE THE DECISION TO TAKE A LESSOR OFFER.

ESPN.com news services

Comments4K
    Email
    Print

The New England Patriots moved quickly to replace Wes Welker, agreeing to terms with wide receiver Danny Amendola on a five-year contract Wednesday, league sources tell ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Big Shoes To Fill

Danny Amendola will be hard-pressed to prove as durable as Wes Welker. Since entering the NFL in 2009, Amendola has missed 23 games.
    Welker Amendola
    Games missed 3 23
    Rec per game 7.4 4.7
    Yds per rec 11.4 8.8
    Average YAC 5.6 4.4

"Blessed. Thankful. Excited to get to work. Go Pats," Amendola tweeted Wednesday night.

Amendola's agreement comes hours after Welker left the Patriots for a two-year deal with the Denver Broncos. That deal is worth $12 million, sources told Schefter.

The 27-year-old Amendola finished last season with 63 receptions for 666 yards and three touchdowns in 11 games for the St. Louis Rams.

He missed virtually all of the 2011 season after dislocating his left elbow in the opener, and then injuring a triceps muscle after returning to practice. In 2011, Amendola played under then-offensive assistant coach Josh McDaniels, who is now the Patriots' offensive coordinator.

Amendola has 196 receptions for 1,726 yards and seven touchdowns in 42 career games.

Amendola previously has been compared to Welker because of their elusiveness and ability to play in the slot.

In New England, Amendola has big shoes to fill in Welker, who had 672 receptions over six seasons (an average of 112 per season) with the Patriots. Welker had a team-high 118 catches for 1,354 yards and six touchdowns last season.

[/QUOTE]

It looked like Amendola replaced WW last year? Really, I thought it looked like BB used JE to fill that role.  But maybe Adam Shefter is a smarter Pats fan than BB. Are  you saying BB is not a smart Pats fan and has no clue about the team?

Smart posters realize that almost every player gets hurt.  Smart posters realize that WW is done after this year whether he stays healthy or not. Smart posters realize you don't pay players because of what they did in the past.  You sign players to contracts for what they bring to the team going forward. Smart posters realize that it's not smart to sign aging players at the very end of their careers just because they have lots of fans who are so attached to them...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

ESPN.com news services

Comments4K
    Email
    Print

Big Shoes To Fill

Welker Amendola
    Games missed 3 23
    Rec per game 7.4 4.7
    Yds per rec 11.4 8.8
    Average YAC 5.6 4.4

[/QUOTE]

It looked like Amendola replaced WW last year? Really, I thought it looked like BB used JE to fill that role.  But maybe Adam Shefter is a smarter Pats fan than BB. Are  you saying BB is not a smart Pats fan and has no clue about the team?

Smart posters realize that almost every player gets hurt.  Smart posters realize that WW is done after this year whether he stays healthy or not. Smart posters realize you don't pay players because of what they did in the past.  You sign players to contracts for what they bring to the team going forward. Smart posters realize that it's not smart to sign aging players at the very end of their careers just because they have lots of fans who are so attached to them...

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Guess Kraft aint that smart then.  Neither is bb, as stated, WW was their first priority.

I actually felt kind of bad for DA after Kraft said that.  Imagine the owner of the company of the Pats saying to the world, he was their second choice.  Oh, well I guess when they paid him 6 times more than the Rams would have, it made all his booboo's go away.  (until the second game that is)

What makes you think DA will be here more than 2 years?  There was already talk of cutting him.

If he's not healthy, he's gone and what good did that do?  Nada.  Waste of needed roster spot and 3 years of dead money to the detriment of the team.

BB's very good at that.  King of Dead Money!  Bestest in the NFL, lol.

Nope, not all players get injured.  At least not to the point to where they're out more than in, which is exactly what the vaunted and second choice JA is good for.

JE11, who they almost lost, was there to back up DA.  Notice the difference in the salary.  One had starter pay and the other pennies.

Thank God he was up to the challenge and did so admirably because so far JA has been a huge mistake and a waste of millions of dollars.

Hell, they could have kept Woody for pennies with 4 times the touchdowns.

Ugh

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

ESPN.com news services

Comments4K
    Email
    Print

Big Shoes To Fill

Welker Amendola
    Games missed 3 23
    Rec per game 7.4 4.7
    Yds per rec 11.4 8.8
    Average YAC 5.6 4.4

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Guess Kraft aint that smart then.  Neither is bb, as stated, WW was their first priority.

I actually felt kind of bad for DA after Kraft said that.  Imagine the owner of the company of the Pats saying to the world, he was their second choice.  Oh, well I guess when they paid him 6 times more than the Rams would have, it made all his booboo's go away.  (until the second game that is)

What makes you think DA will be here more than 2 years?  There was already talk of cutting him.

If he's not healthy, he's gone and what good did that do?  Nada.  Waste of needed roster spot and 3 years of dead money to the detriment of the team.

BB's very good at that.  King of Dead Money!  Bestest in the NFL, lol.

Nope, not all players get injured.  At least not to the point to where they're out more than in, which is exactly what the vaunted and second choice JA is good for.

[/QUOTE]

Who was talking about cutting DA? Shefter again?

If DA is not healthy?  We already know WW isn't.  Who do you think has a better season DA or WW? Serious question. Do to the Pats lead the league in dead cap money?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

There was talk throughout all the outlets about 2/3rds through the season last year about cutting him.

I'm not sure who started it but it went as far as to say they were shopping him and possibly cutting him but the DM would be outrageous.  There was also mention of the dead money being more palatable after this year.

Yes, Bb is high with dead money.  Most teams have a flux where they are high after a major cut and then go to a low the following year but bb is consistently high due to a ton of low to mid range busts being cut.  all those FA's and second round bust that last 2 years, add up and there are always a ton of those.

For instance when TB restructured in 2012 it was out of necessity as the dead money was 3 times his cap hit and 1/5th the allocated cap.

Without that they could have picked up some nice players instead of the low rent busts who also cause more DM when they are cut and then the cycle continues. 

So yes, He needs improvement there and it can only be remedied by not picking so many busts and handing out bad contracts.  Their still paying RAS I 600K this year, adrian wilson, steve gregory daniel fells and every other bust they aquired over the past 2-3 years.

This year they are already at close to 12m and rising by the minute,.  He's consistently in the 12 to 24 M range and that's just too much.  I don't study everyone's dm so I was kidding about the king.  Mostly razzing the real ***king**** but I do know it's excessive and hurts the team.

A good figure would be around 7.5 M

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Thanks for the info. So he is not the worst or not really even close. It's tough to make the team when they are so good year after year. Maybe you could say he is taking some chances because he sees the window of opportunity with Brady closing. Not sure a second rd pick with a $600k hot is the end of the world.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. So he is not the worst or not really even close. It's tough to make the team when they are so good year after year. Maybe you could say he is taking some chances because he sees the window of opportunity with Brady closing. Not sure a second rd pick with a $600k hot is the end of the world.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well that's 600k this year. and I believe more next but wasn't the whole contact a waste?  What did he play in, 3 games and we are still  paying for it.  Hasn't his contract and money hurt them in replacing him?

That's the vicious bb cycle.

I didn't say he wasn't close to the worst in Dm there are some years he is very near the top.

Some teams stay way under 7 M.  Why can't he?

Please don't say it's because it's hard to make the team. 13 rookies made the team last year and played.  Only a few will stay and the other 10 will be future dead money, very soon.   They are very high on the cap next year.  Actually the highest.  Lots of players are gonna be cut or not resigned and replaced with the low rent types.  That's the problem.

Here's the current list without the cuts today which will total over a million.  The cuts haven't even begun.  That's not a good start.  lol

Aaron Hernandez $7,500,000
    Isaac Sopoaga $1,000,000
    Steve Gregory $833,334
    Adrian Wilson $666,667
    Ras-I Dowling $589,382
    Daniel Fells $333,334
    Lavelle Hawkins $75,000
    Asa Watson $18,000
    Stephen Houston $17,500
    Justin Jones $11,666
    Zach Sudfeld $8,000
    TJ Moe $5,334
    Jeremy Deering $5,000
    Elvis Fisher $5,000
    Markus Zusevics $4,334
    Tyler Ott $4,000
    Josh Kline $2,667
    Cory Grissom $2,667
    Brandon Jones $2,334
    Justin Francis $2,334
    Matt Stankiewitch $1,667
    Tyler Beck $1,500
    Mark Harrison $1,000
    Quentin Hines $667
    TOTAL $11,091,387

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

The cuts haven't started for anyone. By my count there are 12 teams with more dead money than the patriots, so they are in the lower half. But really, as I went through the teams, most of them are in the 8-14 mill. area. There are some outliers, but not many.

And taking a look at the list of former pats players, it is AH who sticks out. If not for him they would be among the teams with fewest dead money. Add in the possible relief they will get if Sopoaga doesn't get cut by the Cardinals (not that I have any idea about his chances), and it's not all bad.

Back on topic it was obvious that a) the team wanted Welker back, b) gave him an offer he refused, and c) had a backup plan they went with (DA) when they decided they couldn't wait for Welker to reply any longer. 

Really, it was just a shame how the negotiations unfolded, I think most of us wanted WW to retire a Patriot. It is what it is, we'll move along with the players that are here, and see how it goes.

Supra societatem nemo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In response to cousteau's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

of----------fecal droppings? I hear ya bro.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

BB had no choice in not taking the "cheese".   Is he a rodent?

Welker rejected their offer plain and simple.

It was his choice, not bb's.

The Pats reportedly offered a better deal with incentives.

Stop with the lies and insults.

No one is on the "watch" except you.

[/QUOTE]

He didn't get into a bidding war with Denver nor did he go up to 10 mil per+ which is what Reiss reported Welker's camp wanted, which is why he signed the tag and pushed negotiatons to the limit, the greedy, selfish player he had become.

This was AFTER dropping an easy ball to ice a SB for this organization, too, by the way.

You won't see Edelman be that guy.  He is relishing the opportunity he's worked hard for and is QUICKLY making Pats fans forget about wittle Welkie, isn't he?

Don't look now, but BB made the right decision yet again spreading out money to TWO quality WRs instead of just the one in Welker.

This is a fact, not an opinion.  You were warned of this being how it would go down, too, but you and your miserable little troll faction kept bashing BB, but only while the getting was seemingly good.

Not so good now is it, Pezzy?  Hmm?

Did ya really want an aging, limited, disappearing postseason, now concussion slot WR here for 8 million in 2014?

Did ya? Why?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

He didn't go into a bidding we because WELKER didn't give them the opportunity.  FACT

He did not spread the money out to 2 Quality receivers.  He overpaid scamandola (his replacement) to the tune of 30M and then had to turn around and pay JE on top of that. That's at least triple what they would have paid Welker  FACT

Kraft plainly said they offered Welker more.  Kraft plainly said the were forced to go to their second option, because Welker took Denvers offer.

Facts

They overpaid and over evaluated Scam and almost let JE walk.   Fact

Sounds like a freaken mess to me.

Hmmmmm tromboney.   Learn the facts.

You do know what facts are, don't you?

They are the opposite of what you think they are,in case you need a hint.

How'd that triathlon turn out for you?  LIAR!

[/QUOTE]

False.  BB took the money off the table for Welkie and gave it to Hernandez instead in August of 2012. I said it right here on this board that BB was never going to give Welkie 10+ mil per like Andre Johnson, which is what Reiss said Welker was positioning for here.

BB then took it off the table and called Welker's bluff, giving middle of the field money to Hernandez. Yes. I said it at the time, that it was likely Welker was gone.

What Kraft did say was that, the Pats aren't going to put that much money into the middle of the field with Gronk, Hern and Welker.

Obviously, Hernandez's situation has changed that for 2013 and 2014, but there is no way any rational Pats fan would choose a dwarf WR who is aging, now with concussion problems, over the superior and cheaper Edelman AND Amendola thrown in at under 8 million combined in 2014.

You're either a troll for wanting that or a moron and don't get it.

The Pats absolutely did not offer Welker more money. They offered him less, Denver beat NE's offer, NE wasn't countering, and Welker took more money from Denver instead.  They were going to match, but it was too late, as Amendola signed in case Welker kept playing games, using Denver up against the PAts to drive price.

Yes, that is EXACTLY what happened.

THANKS AGAIN TO BB FOR PUTTING TEAM FIRST AND MAKING THE BEST DECISION FOR THE FANS

No real PAts fans care about Brady's buddies off the field and just happening one of them being Wessie Welker.  It's a HUGE problem as to why we lost to the Jets, why we lose in title games and SBs; WES WELKER. Yes.

He disappears. Maybe if he realized there was more than being buddie with Brady and stroking each other's egos, he'd play better in postseasons and he'd have a ring, huh?  BB wants winners.  Welker isn't one of those players.

The guy is a fantasy stat hound and makes Brady's ego feel good with easy passes and catches underneath, but there is more to the game of football than that.

Good riddance to Welkie, but I do appreciate what he did here. I hope he makes the right decision for his health.

But, I am not going to change how I feel with the selfish things he did at the end of his time here.  SOrry, Piszdispenser.

[/QUOTE]
    As you've noted Rusty - Belichick gave a lot of money to an injured receiver and one who is currently in jail.  Comparing performance for money to date, its not even close.  Welker has been worth dramatically more than Amendola and Hernandez COMBINED. 

For the life of me, I don't know why you would be thanking Belichick on this date for that. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well that's 600k this year. and I believe more next but wasn't the whole contact a waste?  What did he play in, 3 games and we are still  paying for it.  Hasn't his contract and money hurt them in replacing him?

I didn't say he wasn't close to the worst in Dm there are some years he is very near the top.

Please don't say it's because it's hard to make the team. 13 rookies made the team last year and played.  Only a few will stay and the other 10 will be future dead money, very soon.   They are very high on the cap next year.  Actually the highest.  Lots of players are gonna be cut or not resigned and replaced with the low rent types.  That's the problem.

Here's the current list without the cuts today which will total over a million.  The cuts haven't even begun.  That's not a good start.  lol

Isaac Sopoaga $1,000,000
    Steve Gregory $833,334
    Adrian Wilson $666,667
    Ras-I Dowling $589,382
    Daniel Fells $333,334
    Lavelle Hawkins $75,000
    Asa Watson $18,000
    Stephen Houston $17,500
    Justin Jones $11,666
    Zach Sudfeld $8,000
    TJ Moe $5,334
    Jeremy Deering $5,000
    Elvis Fisher $5,000
    Markus Zusevics $4,334
    Tyler Ott $4,000
    Josh Kline $2,667
    Cory Grissom $2,667
    Brandon Jones $2,334
    Justin Francis $2,334
    Matt Stankiewitch $1,667
    Tyler Beck $1,500
    Mark Harrison $1,000
    Quentin Hines $667
    TOTAL $11,091,387

[/QUOTE]

How does it look if SapoagA is signed and AH comes off?  Vicious cycle with BB? Looks like every team is having their problems.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Isaac Sopoaga $1,000,000
    Steve Gregory $833,334
    Adrian Wilson $666,667
    Ras-I Dowling $589,382
    Daniel Fells $333,334
    Lavelle Hawkins $75,000
    Asa Watson $18,000
    Stephen Houston $17,500
    Justin Jones $11,666
    Zach Sudfeld $8,000
    TJ Moe $5,334
    Jeremy Deering $5,000
    Elvis Fisher $5,000
    Markus Zusevics $4,334
    Tyler Ott $4,000
    Josh Kline $2,667
    Cory Grissom $2,667
    Brandon Jones $2,334
    Justin Francis $2,334
    Matt Stankiewitch $1,667
    Tyler Beck $1,500
    Mark Harrison $1,000
    Quentin Hines $667
    TOTAL $11,091,387

[/QUOTE]

How does it look if SapoagA is signed and AH comes off?  Vicious cycle with BB? Looks like every team is having their problems.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well apparently Hern was a gamble that failed.  You just can't dismiss that.  It was a bad deal.

Like I said, bb is typically in the top 25% in DM and I see it no differently this year.

Put it this way, if they hadn't given hern 45+ M, the damage would have been minimal. Ya they tried to do the right thing by wrapping him up but they put a lot of faith in a guy they shouldn't have and that's, that.

The cycle is bad players being replaced by cheap players because the bad contracts (with the failed players) are eating up much of the cap and then those cheap rentals are replaced and the cycle continues.

it's been going on since 2005.

Every single guy they cut, costs $$$ and has to be replaced.  Do that enough and there's little money left to sign others.  Bb loves to cut players.  Perhaps if there were a few more good ones, he wouldn't cut as much?

I think they paid Bubba Ventrone dead money, 8 times one year.   Each time a cut and a new contract, not to forget to mention the guys  and their contracts that they replaced him with.  That's 16 contracts with dead money for one player, who they ultimately released.

LOL That's just nuts.