Welker tagged 9 mil+; I say tag and trade,get fa outside receiver and one in draft along with a slot in draft.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Re: Welker tagged 9 mil+; I say tag and trade,get fa outside receiver and one in draft along with a slot in draft.

In Response to Re: Welker tagged 9 mil+; I say tag and trade,get fa outside receiver and one in draft along with a slot in draft.:
    [QUOTE]I would trade him for a pick. Every year the guy has over 100 catches, but we arent winning a championship with him being our # 1. It also keeps us from spreading the ball as well as running as passing to Wes is a , you ready, "extension of the running game"  Im tired of this finesse crap. Run the Dam Ball when you want, Pass when you want to pass. Sign Wayne and E.Royal. Problem solved. Use your extra pick to move up a few slots to grab RB T.Richardson(he is a difference maker) and also supposed to fall out of the top ten because(its a passing league) These guys on nfl network all said they wouldnt take Trent in top 10, but because noone runs a back 25 plus times anymore....ReallY??  Well how come the first signed free agents were A.Foster and M.Lynch?? Get this guy who can make our offense deadly again like in 04' Use all the rest of picks on D-line, O-line, LB, CB, S
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

yes, you are right we haven't won any championships with Welker but we have been to 2 SBs with him and only the Giants and Pitt can say the  same.  we lost those because the Giants  as BB says made the plays  ( Ok maybe WW didn't make one). I think that Richardson would be a game breaker but I think ( I do not know all those draft points / position) our 27 and 31 might be enough to swing that if he falls enough... especially past Tampa.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Re: Welker tagged 9 mil+; I say tag and trade,get fa outside receiver and one in draft along with a slot in draft.

give him 4 years at 7.5 mill each he will be happy with 15/18 signing bonus. gets the deal done. Welker knows the Pats wont give him more and they need money to improve the team so he will work something easy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Welker tagged 9 mil+; I say tag and trade,get fa outside receiver and one in draft along with a slot in draft.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Welker tagged 9 mil+; I say tag and trade,get fa outside receiver and one in draft along with a slot in draft. :      A radical idea. But, I tend to agree. Welker is, and has been, a great player for the Pats. But, slot receivers are much easier to replace than a deep threat. So...I'll go one better. Trade Welker to the NFC for a high two...and then sign Pittsburghs' Mike Wallace to an offer sheet!      The cost of the 31st pick for Wallace would be offset by what the Pats get in return for Wes. Sign the 26 year old Wallace to a big money, five year deal. Then, use Edelman or a Joe Adams type obtained through the draft to replace Wes.         Thoughts?
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

thanks for wighing in tex.
    part of th reason to let wes go is $ tht can be used elsewhere, and there are a million outside  receivers avail in the draft and fa who wont cost that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]give him 4 years at 7.5 mill each he will be happy with 15/18 signing bonus. gets the deal done. Welker knows the Pats wont give him more and they need money to improve the team so he will work something easy.
    Posted by PAULICAS1975[/QUOTE]

4 yrs too much, 15 mil signing better used elsewhere

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Welker tagged 9 mil+; I say tag and trade,get fa outside receiver and one in draft along with a slot in draft. :      A radical idea. But, I tend to agree. Welker is, and has been, a great player for the Pats. But, slot receivers are much easier to replace than a deep threat. So...I'll go one better. Trade Welker to the NFC for a high two...and then sign Pittsburghs' Mike Wallace to an offer sheet!      The cost of the 31st pick for Wallace would be offset by what the Pats get in return for Wes. Sign the 26 year old Wallace to a big money, five year deal. Then, use Edelman or a Joe Adams type obtained through the draft to replace Wes.         Thoughts?
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

What? You have to be kidding me right?  Last I looked there weren't many slot receivers putting up Welker type numbers.  Look who is available that could be used as a legit deep threat... Lloyd, Wallace, V Jack, Moss to name a few.  How about slot receivers.....hmmm?  Can't think of any that could be a plug and play slot receiver in the Patriots system and be effective. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

welker is a HUGE part of the offense.....wanting to trade him is dumb in my opinion.....they do need a big receiver, but welker needs to stay