Welker Thrilled WIth 2011 Team

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Welker Thrilled WIth 2011 Team

In Response to Re: Welker Thrilled WIth 2011 Team:
    [QUOTE]Now that is a man who has worked with Tate, has played with Tate, and has studied with Tate, so I would say he knows more then the fans whether or not Tate is a good player or not. And Welker says with work he will be just fine. I would love to see you guys rip Tate now. Im just saying what I have been saying which is give the kid a chance. He has some great coaches and players around him to teach him. And Gronk is the man.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Totally with you, but what did you expect him to say?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I honestly think Gronkowski is already a top five tight end in the league.  I was thinking to myself the other day, would I trade him straight up for any other TE in the league?  Honestly, because of age, I probably wouldn't.  The handful that are better than him right now are all much older.  The kid is going to be something special. He's the complete player.  Dominant blocker and big time receiving threat.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

This team is loaded except for WR...Bill will run a tight camp and find a way to get the rookies up too speed...everyone else has a year or more under their belt so it's get you weight up time...just what this team needs after going 14-2...a good kick in the a@$$....60maxpowero.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Do you know who else may know if Tate is a decent player?  The Patriots stat man who wrote down 24 catches over the past 2 years with one of the best QBs throwing to him and a golden opportunity when Moss went off the deep end.
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]
    Tate played in only two games his rookie season because of injuries.

Last year he caught 24 passes for 432 yards and 3 TDs.

He excelled in the kicking game with 41 kick returns for 1,057 yards (25.8 yard average) and two touchdowns.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I know when you play for the Pats you need to be interchangeble but I'd like to see him be focused on one thing. It seemed to me last year that when he was the return man early on he was as dangerous as anyone playing the position. Then........when he was brought in to run more routes and had two jobs to focus on his return game went down the toilet.

Maybe it was because the ST coaches adjusted to his return game, I don't know, maybe he's just young and still learning like WW said.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Tate is gonna be just fine, been saying it all along...with Price & Edelman the pats are set at WR & the ONLY person I would want them to bring in to help would be Randy Moss....A humbled & motivated Moss WILLING to be a role/situational player & expanded redzone threat would be awesome to have back....if he's not the guy then i don't want the Pats to pick up any other receiver....

& Gronk is unbelievable find.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Welker Thrilled WIth 2011 Team:
    [QUOTE] Wide receiver Brandon Tate .

"...he's going to make a lot of plays for us, like he has this past year."[/QUOTE]

Okay, you can throw this interview in the circular file if he's referring to him as a receiver.

And.... what's he gonna say? "We will really suck this year"?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This pic was taken just after that interview in tahoe.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Welker will have a great year. What a comeback last year aftre the knee injury.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]Do you know who else may know if Tate is a decent player?  The Patriots stat man who wrote down 24 catches over the past 2 years with one of the best QBs throwing to him and a golden opportunity when Moss went off the deep end.
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

Yes... Tate has not proven much of anything. Still, he is young and I wouldn't write him off. Neither would I expect him to be a stud. He needs to make a big step up in his play this year.

Since we are on stats here again with our contestant, let's see if he knows:
     1. How well LT did over the last 6 games of the season
     2. What was the Jests' cradle robbing QB's passer rating rank in the league this year ... and how about over his two years...
     3. How many division titles, conferance titles and SB have the Jests won since Big Talk became their head coach... And how many did Big Talk guarantee...
     4. And how many years must a Jests fan have before he can be a man... the answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind, the answer is blowin' in the wind....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Now that is a man who has worked with Tate, has played with Tate, and has studied with Tate, so I would say he knows more then the fans whether or not Tate is a good player or not. And Welker says with work he will be just fine. I would love to see you guys rip Tate now. Im just saying what I have been saying which is give the kid a chance. He has some great coaches and players around him to teach him. And Gronk is the man.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Have you ever heard a player that plays the same position, on the same team, say that the player in question is a waste of talent or not going to make it? Welker was asked about Tate...what's he going to say? Tate couldn't catch a cold if he was standing in a room of 2nd graders in January. Or the bigger the game, the tighter he played. This guy couldn't understand the playbook if it had a coloring section and a video game to go with it. Do you think he was going to say any of that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm not sure I would expect Welker to say anything other than what he did.  That said, Tate may indeed be just fine.  We really can't judge him based on one full season.  It's kinda funny.  Despite all of the examples we see in the NFL of players who take 2-4 years to come on, there are still those who just have to have an answer right away.  There is actually a pretty good receiver some folks wanted last year who started his career a lot like Tate.  His name is Vincent Jackson.

CAREER STATSMORE
    SeasonTeam ReceivingRushingFumbles
     GGSRecYdsAvgLngTDAttYdsAvgLngTDFUMLost
    2010San Diego Chargers551424817.758T311414.0140----

2009San Diego Chargers1515681,16717.25593113.7120----

2008San Diego Chargers1616591,09818.660746917.331011

2007San Diego Chargers16164162315.2453--------------

2006San Diego Chargers1672745316.85563165.380----

2005San Diego Chargers8035919.7210--------------

TOTAL2123,64817.260281111010.031011

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Sure, Wes isn't going to badmouth the guy. But he was telling it like it is. We all know Tate has talent. What Wes mentioned was that he needed consistency. He didn't "heap praise" on him. Tate will need to work hard to improve...especially his hands! This season will be his real test. As for Gronk, I've loved this kid since the day they drafted him. His reaction showed he had heart, and he's good at every aspect of the position. A little "polishing" on the details will put this guy in the Pro Bowl as a TE, and solidify a critical spot on the offense. I wouldn't trade him for any other TE, even Antonio Gates. Another thing that struck me was his take on illegal hits. He knows how to steel himself for one, and gets under many vicious tries. His knee injury was a fluke. Like Brady did, I expect him to be back to 110% his second season after getting hurt. That he played all last season was remarkable. I sure hope all these drivelling idiots are right, and a deal will get done next week. We've got the "youth movement" most people were calling for. If there were one FA I would love to see signed it would be Sydney Rice. No great OLBs available, so hopefully someone steps up. But it's good to know Wes is confident.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

It's nice to hear Welker being positive about everything but I wouldn't expect him or most other NORMAL NFL players to say anything different, especially at this point.  However, I will believe what I see on the field.  Tate needs this to be the year.  When I see Brady targeting him long and he's got separation and he catches the ball on a regular basis then I will believe that he is the answer, otherwise he will be like other speed burners we've had over the years who did not pan out and he will be gone.  Prove it now Brandon.

Sections
Shortcuts