Welker to Broncos?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Welker to Broncos?

Filed to ESPN: Broncos in serious talks, trying to hammer out an agreement with Patriots WR Wes Welker. Decision expected today.

Source: Adam Schefter

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Welker to Broncos?

just saw on ESPN. Broncos made an offer.

Pats may want to make an offer to Amendola as a contingency plan...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

don't want him with Peyton.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Don't worry the Pats will get Amendola for a fraction of the cost and he can play a fraction of the games. That's value...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Decker, Thomas, and Welker...Tamme is no scrub either.

Would be a lethal offense as long as Peyton is upright

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Would be a great move for the Broncos...strengthen their team while crippling arguably their biggest rival in the AFC.

Especially since we pretty much have only one corner on the roster...and he might get suspended

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Filed to ESPN: Broncos in serious talks, trying to hammer out an agreement with Patriots WR Wes Welker. Decision expected today.

I would have put money on that! Go ahead and give Manning his toy. Stokely is getting up there and now WE can smack Wes around if we meet in the playoffs! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Oh well, onward and upward. Build that defense to harrass Peyton and cover those weapons Denver has come January. Defense will always prevail over offense come January.

Money better spent elsewhere.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Peyton can only throw short passes now........but getting Welker would be big for him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Peyton should be able to use Welker correctly too...Stokley, Clark....Welker

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I would have put money on that! Go ahead and give Manning his toy. Stokely is getting up there and now WE can smack Wes around if we meet in the playoffs! 

$20 says Bronco's release Stokely and the Pats pick him up on the cheap claiming victory for getting a top end WR for much less money.

If they use the money they would have spent on Welker to get a top end DB and a 3rd WR then fine I can deal with it but if they use it to get 3-4 mid teir fringe starters like Gregory I'll be beyond pissed

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Don't worry the Pats will get Amendola for a fraction of the cost and he can play a fraction of the games. That's value...

And have a fraction of the production. But that is ok, he is the new hot blonde that will make you forget the wife, in the fantasy of many here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Oh well, onward and upward. Build that defense to harrass Peyton and cover those weapons Denver has come January. Defense will always prevail over offense come January.

Now that we are back to talking sports and not the spending cuts we can agree on something. I just hope they spend the money elsewhere. Brady redid that deal for a reason. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

I just hope they spend the money elsewhere. Brady redid that deal for a reason. 

Yes, so the Pats can sign Stallworth again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

Let his old ASS go wherever he wants.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

If Welker goes, he goes.  If he stays, he stays.  If he goes, then let's put the $$$ where it will do the most good.  I'm on board with buffing up that D.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

Now that we are back to talking sports and not the spending cuts we can agree on something. I just hope they spend the money elsewhere. Brady redid that deal for a reason. 

Amen. 

Ed Reed, Adrian Wilson, Talib and DRC would make me very happy. Re-sign Edelman or sign Amendola, and get Cribbs, and then focus on DT, DE, and flanker WR via the draft, and I'm satisfied.

That would be pushing to limit of the cap, but they should be able to get a lot of that done. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

If losing Welker means we add 2 starting caliber CB's and a veteran S, then Im on board the "let him go" bandwagon.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

$20 says Bronco's release Stokely and the Pats pick him up on the cheap claiming victory for getting a top end WR for much less money.

If they use the money they would have spent on Welker to get a top end DB and a 3rd WR then fine I can deal with it but if they use it to get 3-4 mid teir fringe starters like Gregory I'll be beyond pissed

I'm with you on this.  I could see this happening!!  I will just shake my head in disgust!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Report: Broncos in 'serious' Welker talks

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Broncos are in "serious talks" with free agent Wes Welker, and are "trying to hammer out an agreement."

Per Schefter, a resolution is expected Wednesday. The Boston Globe reports Denver's interest is "very legitimate." It's still possible it's a leverage play from an increasingly restless Welker camp, but it would be an act of war in the Peyton Manning/Tom Brady rivalry if true. The move would be damaging to both Welker and Eric Decker's fantasy value, but a huge boon for a team with a Super Bowl or bust mentality. No team would have a better receiver corps than Denver if Welker headed west. Manning would be even more impossible to defend.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Listening to Sirius Radio, Denver media is saying Welker would need to lower his price in order for the Broncos to fit him in.

Additionally the Dumerville talks have broken off and Denver needed him to take a cut to free up some cash, he may now be cut as early as today. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Listening to Sirius Radio, Denver media is saying Welker would need to lower his price in order for the Broncos to fit him in.

Additionally the Dumerville talks have broken off and Denver needed him to take a cut to free up some cash, he may now be cut as early as today. 

Yeah, sounds like it won't happen barring a big change.

Again, Denver just gave Vasquez a big deal, Dumervil is holding them back and Welker is looking for Wallace-esque money. It seems like an unlikely scenario, especially given that WR is a strong point of the Broncos.

We shall see what happens, but I was thinking it seemed a bit odd given their cap situation. Sounds like whatever you're hearing in confirming that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

ok if this happens I will be really ticked off!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

T'would appear Denver is going for it offensively and 'Super Bowl or Bust' may very well be what they're doing.

Sections
Shortcuts