Welker to Broncos?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Welker to Broncos?

In response to umichfan's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Filed to ESPN: Broncos in serious talks, trying to hammer out an agreement with Patriots WR Wes Welker. Decision expected today.

Source: Adam Schefter

ok if this happens I will be really ticked off!!!!!

I wouldn't be too concerned at this point. Read the above few posts from Loot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

This is a big deal. Welker leaving is a so-so deal, Welker joining the other top team in the AFC is a big deal.

To those who think you can just mix and match random FA's, the Eagles put together 3 Pro Bowl caliber corners only to have them all stink.

DRC was not good in Philly...what makes people think he will be great in NE with our secondary coaches?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ayisyen. Show Ayisyen's posts

This is a big deal. Welker leaving is a so-so deal, Welker joining the other top team in the AFC is a big deal.

To those who think you can just mix and match random FA's, the Eagles put together 3 Pro Bowl caliber corners only to have them all stink.

DRC was not good in Philly...what makes people think he will be great in NE with our secondary coaches?

Well the fact that they might have a better D Coordinator for one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

In response to umichfan's comment:

Filed to ESPN: Broncos in serious talks, trying to hammer out an agreement with Patriots WR Wes Welker. Decision expected today.

Source: Adam Schefter

ok if this happens I will be really ticked off!!!!!

I wouldn't be too concerned at this point. Read the above few posts from Loot.

Given human nature and pride, it not inconceivable that Welker takes a deal in Denver even if it was the same deal offered by the Pats just to stick it to the Pats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Welker is losing confidence and I would not be surprised to see his dropped ball stats increase, especially when the game is on the line.  Like a kicker, if you lose confidence, its tough to get it back.  I see his production dropping precipitously. 

IMO, Welker's success had more to do with Brady.   

If he is not willing to accept the Pats offer of what managment believes he is worth, then I don't care if he walks.  I'm sure that they anticipated this potential outcome and have a plan to  adequately address the WR issues without him.    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard

Broncos deal with Patriots WR Wes Welker "very likely," according to a league source.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

Oh well, onward and upward. Build that defense to harrass Peyton and cover those weapons Denver has come January. Defense will always prevail over offense come January.

Money better spent elsewhere.

Now that we are back to talking sports and not the spending cuts we can agree on something. I just hope they spend the money elsewhere. Brady redid that deal for a reason. 

Amen. 

Ed Reed, Adrian Wilson, Talib and DRC would make me very happy. Re-sign Edelman or sign Amendola, and get Cribbs, and then focus on DT, DE, and flanker WR via the draft, and I'm satisfied.

That would be pushing to limit of the cap, but they should be able to get a lot of that done. 

Agreed...heck if Edelman stays healthy he is bigger faster and more versatile...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Welker is losing confidence and I would not be surprised to see his dropped ball stats increase, especially when the game is on the line.  Like a kicker, if you lose confidence, its tough to get it back.  I see his production dropping precipitously. 

If he is not willing to accept the Pats offer of what managment believes he is worth, then I don't care if he walks.  I'm sure that they anticipated this potential outcome and have a plan to  adequately address the WR issues without him.    

And the spin doctors are starting to arrive!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

And Peyton Manning cannot get the ball to Welker.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lombardi479. Show lombardi479's posts

If Welker leaves, do we have any WR under cotract? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

So is Brady losing confidence with his recent playoff performnces?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

yes..........a real horse at WR

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Welker to Broncos is the WORST possible scenario I could have imagined.  DAMN.  That may cost us two ways.  And I'm sure he knows it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

this sucks but the writing has been on the wall. What really sucks is that he is going to our top rival in Denver. Oh well, let's build around defense and hope that the tight ends stay healthy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

yes..........a real horse at WR

Is BB contemplating suiting up himself?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

Well...better hope Tavon Austin is sitting there when they pick in Rd. 1...doubt he will be...at nleast they just picked up $9.5 mill. in cap space...

How did they pick up cap space? Welker's not on their cap at the moment.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Quite obvious it is a money issue for Welker more than loyalty as I can see the Broncos paying him more than the Pats may just to get him away from the Pats.  The Pats blew it with him, IMHO.  Where the disconnect is, I do not know given his production and value to the team.  Is it this type of thinking on the part of BB that results in losing such key players to FA?  Always thinking the team can get a quality player, not necessarily a star, who can do the job on the cheap?  Very frustrating for the fans here who have grown to love and appreciate certain players with the desire they stay a Patriot.  Seems the only player who had shown COMPLETE loyalty to the organization is TB.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Quite obvious it is a money issue for Welker more than loyalty as I can see the Broncos paying him more than the Pats may just to get him away from the Pats.  The Pats blew it with him, IMHO.  Where the disconnect is, I do not know given his production and value to the team.  Is it this type of thinking on the part of BB that results in losing such key players to FA?  Always thinking the team can get a quality player, not necessarily a star, who can do the job on the cheap?  Very frustrating for the fans here who have grown to love and appreciate certain players with the desire they stay a Patriot.  Seems the only player who had shown COMPLETE loyalty to the organization is TB.

There is no loyalty in the NFL, it goes both ways

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

^ - dapats...   I hear ya.  It is all business, right?  Each have to look out for each other as we have seen when players do sign that big $$$ contract and then get cut in a cold way.  See Fitzpatrick of Buffalo!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

relax........BB knows for the most part what he does.......it has worked for years now........we haven't won it all recently..but we are always in the mix.....that says something. Be patient......we can't always keep all our binkies

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Look at this this way....if he takes less money to hook up with Denver then we know that it was the personal stuff that got in the way and he wanted to leave.

I still believe the Pats will pay him more than any other team. If the personal stuff caused it then that's a shame.

He should not have been benched for the Rex toe thing and he should not have been benched at the start of the 2012 season. One can only wonder what happened behind closed doors.

If he leaves I'll wish him well and will be sad for sure. He was someone I loved as a Patriot and remain convinced his true value here was taken for granted.

Until I hear something official I'll keep my fimgers crossed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

Oh well, onward and upward. Build that defense to harrass Peyton and cover those weapons Denver has come January. Defense will always prevail over offense come January.

Money better spent elsewhere.

Now that we are back to talking sports and not the spending cuts we can agree on something. I just hope they spend the money elsewhere. Brady redid that deal for a reason. 

Amen. 

Ed Reed, Adrian Wilson, Talib and DRC would make me very happy. Re-sign Edelman or sign Amendola, and get Cribbs, and then focus on DT, DE, and flanker WR via the draft, and I'm satisfied.

That would be pushing to limit of the cap, but they should be able to get a lot of that done. 

Put all the money in the D and run the ball and use the two beast at TE. We will be fine  what good has scoring all those points got us in the reg season? D please. Fill in around the young guys and hope Jones and Hightower advance their play. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

Well...better hope Tavon Austin is sitting there when they pick in Rd. 1...doubt he will be...at nleast they just picked up $9.5 mill. in cap space...

If he is still around then who is going to play next to Wilfork? Deep DT draft and thin WR draft should not mean you draft a slot WR in the 1st and pass up on a DT.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver

Filing now to Yahoo! Sports: The Broncos are "almost done" with a deal that will bring Wes Welker to Denver