Welker to Broncos?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Welker to Broncos?

Bye Wes.  It's official per Schefter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Dov Kleiman ‏@NFL_RealUpdates 
    #Patriots have offered WR Wes Welker a 4-year, $32 million deal while the #Broncos are offering Welker a 4-year, $35 million deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

It's a done deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

RT @AlbertBreer: Wes Welker has agreed to terms with the Denver Broncos, per team source.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

HIT THE ROAD 32-YEAR OLD BUTTER FINGERS!!! NOW WE CAN GET BACK TO WINNING BIG GAMES!!! THANK YOU BB!!! WES IS THE RONDO OF THE PATRIOTS....HIS BIG NUMBERS LEAD TO BIG BLUNDERS!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

OMG...I can't believe they let him go to the Broncos.  F the Patriots.  What was the point of Brady redoing his contract?!?!??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Filed to ESPN: Broncos in serious talks, trying to hammer out an agreement with Patriots WR Wes Welker. Decision expected today.

Source: Adam Schefter

It's a done deal. Welker is a Bronco. Just one more reason to hate the Horseface.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

confirmed. This doesn't bode well for the patriots.. you guys better hope they can get Jennings

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

A 2-year contract? Looks like Welker was doing it to personally hit the Pats. 

We don't need egos like that on the team. Good riddance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

NFLN reporting it's a 2 year deal. No numbers

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

RT @johnelway: Agreed on a 2-yr deal with Wes Welker. Excited to have Wes join Broncos. His production & toughness will be a great asset!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

RT @johnelway: Agreed on a 2-yr deal with Wes Welker. Excited to have Wes join Broncos. His production & toughness will be a great asset!

Elway can shove it up his a-s.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

PM had better weapons with the Colts than this Denver team every single year.  All he has to show for it is one SB that was a result of the AFCCG bag job.

I'm not worried about Denver.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

PM had better weapons with the Colts than this Denver team every single year.  All he has to show for it is one SB that was a result of the AFCCG bag job.

I'm not worried about Denver.

Amen. Fix the defense and we'll roll over Denver.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Wes Welker lands a two-year, $12 million deal from the Broncos.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Welker is gone.   I'll miss him as being one of the best Patriots ever.  

Having said that, he has been paid 10's of millions of dollars for his services as a Patriot.   Now he gets a two year multi million dollar contract with Denver.  Good for him and I guess that's TS for us as fans.   

One question I have is how high is high regarding these free agent signings?  I suppose we can say "well that's what the market demands".   This might be the case.  But doesn't the bulk of money that these players get come from TV Revenue?   This is the revenue that comes from advertisers who pay to advertise their products.  This cost is then passed on to consumers in the price of goods which in turn is paid for by us.    So I respect Brady for admitting that he as a Pro Football Player get's more than his fair share.  

But all that asside, who is Brady going to throw to now?  I'm pretty confident that somebody will get open.  :) 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

Having said that, he has been paid 10's of millions of dollars for his services as a Patriot.   Now he gets a two year multi million dollar contract with Denver.  Good for him and I guess that's TS for us as fans.   

One question I have is how high is high regarding these free agent signings?  I suppose we can say "well that's what the market demands".   This might be the case.  But doesn't the bulk of money that these players get come from TV Revenue?   This is the revenue that comes from advertisers who pay to advertise their products.  This cost is then passed on to consumers in the price of goods which in turn is paid for by us.    So I respect Brady for admitting that he as a Pro Football Player get's more than his fair share.  

But all that asside, who is Brady going to throw to now?  I'm pretty confident that somebody will get open.  :) 

Brady's favorite receiver used to be the open receiver; I'm sure he will get back to that.  Use the money we saved on Wes to shore up the pass rush and sign a safety (Reed or Wilson).  As much as I love Wes, I'm excited to see how this offense evolves.  Hern will play more of the slot with Gronk and Ballard in a two tight end set.  If Edelman can stay healthy(I know that is a huge 'if'), he, along with more targets to Lloyd and the tight ends, will surely make up for Wes's loss production.  Fear not, my fellow Pats fans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Wes Welker lands a two-year, $12 million deal from the Broncos.

Hard to believe that BB couldn't have worked something out, when Welker decides to move on at that price. Welker to Denver at a reasonable rate definately a worst case scenario for Pats' fans.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Brady's favorite receiver used to be the open receiver; I'm sure he will get back to that.  Use the money we saved on Wes to shore up the pass rush and sign a safety (Reed or Wilson).  As much as I love Wes, I'm excited to see how this offense evolves.  Hern will play more of the slot with Gronk and Ballard in a two tight end set.  If Edelman can stay healthy(I know that is a huge 'if'), he, along with more targets to Lloyd and the tight ends, will surely make up for Wes's loss production.  Fear not, my fellow Pats fans.

Lloyd barely catches 50% of his passes and gets zero YAC,  Welker was the league leader!

Edelman, Hern, Gronk are always hurt.  Good job BB!  NOT

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

Remember this, Brady made Welker, Welker did not make Brady. Brady restructures for the good of the team and Welker I believe got fair market value from the Pats. time to move on

What were TB's stats before WW and Moss came to town?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Exactly!    

BTW, the NFL Channel has just given the next super bowl to Peyton and the Broncos.  Well that's a surprise.  LOL   FWIW, the Bronco Defense especially their secondary  looked worse then ours against the Ravens in the Playoffs.  Whatever.

But regardless of all the hoopla over these signings, they still have to play the game on the field and not on paper.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Remember this, Brady made Welker, Welker did not make Brady. Brady restructures for the good of the team and Welker I believe got fair market value from the Pats. time to move on

Three Super Bowl Wins?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Edelman isn't even signed with the team

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Three Super Bowl Wins?

That was TB's stats when he had a great defense

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to chiefret's comment:

The Pats won 3 SB's w/blue collar WR's. Welker put up big numbers during his Pats tenure but will be remembered for the 2 he didn't catch. No rings and at 32 his best yrs are probably behind him. Peyton likes to spread the ball around, wonder how long before he complains abt not getting enough balls thrown his way? 

That was back when

1) TB did not realize yet that he can rack up stats like Manning did

2) The entire league was not familiar with the Pats system (they are now the most studied)

3) TB still had the patience to work things out with all the receivers (limitations on how much players can train during the week may be a factor here too)

4) TB had no fear of getting hurt

Other than a long lob on the left sideline to WW, how many times have you seen TB complete that pass over the last 3 years? How many attempts? All his long attempts are to the middle. 

Sections
Shortcuts