Welker to Denver. Done Deal.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Welker to Denver. Done Deal.

In response to ATJ's comment:

If Welker truly signed with Denver out of spite then what does that say about him and his professionalism? 

Shows he has a big ego and puts himself above the team. Values his personal worth over the team's.

Those aren't the type of players that help you win Super Bowls. Good riddance, Wes. Worst of luck to you.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

They couldn't pay him 2/$12M?  The market has spoken, and it's unbelievable that the Pats wouldn't match that.  Let's see what Plan B is. 

So the idea of Welker's value being pretty high seems to be a myth.  That is a steal of a deal for a guy that productive. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

If Welker truly signed with Denver out of spite then what does that say about him and his professionalism? 

Shows he has a big ego and puts himself above the team. Values his personal worth over the team's.

Those aren't the type of players that help you win Super Bowls. Good riddance, Wes. Worst of luck to you.

He was underpaid for many years. At some point you just have say no more.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

2 years and $12M sounds simply unbelievable?? What did the Pats offer him? 2/$10??

I think the pats offer was even less than 2/10....  yeah, good luck replacing WES!! BAD MOVE PATS!  Denver just got better....

Brady's favorite WR, is now going to Manning ...my stomach just turned...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Jennings has a deal from GB on the table for $10M per. Are the Pats topping that?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

2 years and $12M sounds simply unbelievable?? What did the Pats offer him? 2/$10??

I think the pats offer was even less than 2/10....  yeah, good luck replacing WES!! BAD MOVE PATS!  Denver just got better....

What are you talking about, we repeatedly offered wes more than 2/12 mil. This is just welker being a little b!tch sticking it too the pats. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

They couldn't pay him 2/$12M?  The market has spoken, and it's unbelievable that the Pats wouldn't match that.  Let's see what Plan B is. 

So the ideaof Welker's value being pretty high seems to be a myth.  That is a steal of a deal for a guy that productive. 

Its kind of obvious that Welker wasnt plan A

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

2 measly years at 6 mil per??? Can somebody tell me what the hell just happened here???

the pats blew it. Whether it was financially or relationship or both (it seems like both). Uncle Bill's gotta make some magic happen and either find a diamond in the rough or sign Jennings. Hard to thik their receiving corps will be better this year than last year. Definitely not good news.. love or hate welker, he was a good ballplayer and gave you production. Production that will be hard to reproduce.

They didn't blow anything. Welker's ego was bruised last year when they used some Edelman in Week 2.

I think BB saw the Brady/Welker man relationship being a little too friendly just like he did with Moss and Brady in early 2010.

Welker then rejected a great offer from NE to play 2012 nd 2013 here. He chose to go to Denver who thinks they can win a SB in 1 of the next 2 years if Gomer stays upright.

If you are right about TB getting fixated on WW, that's on TB. I hope he does not get fixated again on one weapon. If he does, it's probably going to be Gronk. If so, I hope I am wrong, but I don't think the kid is as mentally tough as WW. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

What are you talking about, we repeatedly offered wes more than 2/12 mil. This is just welker being a little b!tch sticking it too the pats. 

looks like he pulled a Damon..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

2 measly years at 6 mil per??? Can somebody tell me what the hell just happened here???

the pats blew it. Whether it was financially or relationship or both (it seems like both). Uncle Bill's gotta make some magic happen and either find a diamond in the rough or sign Jennings. Hard to thik their receiving corps will be better this year than last year. Definitely not good news.. love or hate welker, he was a good ballplayer and gave you production. Production that will be hard to reproduce.

They didn't blow anything. Welker's ego was bruised last year when they used some Edelman in Week 2.

I think BB saw the Brady/Welker man relationship being a little too friendly just like he did with Moss and Brady in early 2010.

Welker then rejected a great offer from NE to play 2012 nd 2013 here. He chose to go to Denver who thinks they can win a SB in 1 of the next 2 years if Gomer stays upright.

If you are right about TB getting fixated on WW, that's on TB. I hope he does not get fixated again on one weapon. If he does, it's probably going to be Gronk. If so, I hope I am wrong, but I don't think the kid is as mentally tough as WW. 

Pats offer was 5 mil per for two years WITH incentives.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from David233. Show David233's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

$6 mil per year? Holy balls... clearly a personal/ego issue. Screw off Welker. You're not needed here.

We offered him $8-$9 mil per year with $16mil guaranteed for 3 years last offseason, and this hack moves on to a top rival for a 2-year, $6mil per year deal.

Good riddance. Your bloated ego and sense of personal worth isn't needed here. Can't wait to see you come over the middle with Mayo and Spikes waiting. 

We'll beat your a-s with defense and perimeter receivers who can seperate and be effective beyond 15 yards down the field.

As I said, good, f'ing, riddance.

Who are those perimieter receivers you're talking about?

This is BB's ego that caused Welker to walk

No, it's Welker ego that caused Welker to walk. Belichick offered him a huge contract with more guaranted money, more money per year, and of a greater length. That's on Welker, not Belichick.

Bug off, Wes.

Agree. He actually is making far less in 2013 than he was offered by NE!

8 million is more than 6 million, Wes. This was an ego move by Welker.

I would disagree this an ego move by Welker.  I really think Welker was pissed with how Belichick and McDaniels used him the first two games of last season.  I personally could not understand the move.

My guess is that Welker did not even ask the Patriots to match the offer which, if true. would make a statement as to how he really felt about the Patriots management.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

All I can say is there better be a replacement in the works. Brady would be mightily annoyed after redoing his contract to benefit the team and all of a sudden it is heaps weaker.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

We should have seen the writing on the wall.  NE paid Gronk and Hern.  The offense will now go through them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Pretty amazing - 2 years!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Here's how I'm going to console myself.  We had him for what, 6 years?  Didn't win a championship.  Got close, but didn't make it.  Now maybe we get something outside, and we have good enough inside receivers in the TEs and smaller guys we have.  If the Broncos beat us out and win the Superbowl next year, however, I'm left with zero.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

I completely agree. The Patriots offered him the bigger money last year, but he said, eh no. Now he signs for 2/12? Really? I truly believe that he will be injured for his first time in his career when the Pats play the Broncos this year. This won't be an edict from above, ownership, or coach but the D will be waiting, drooling with anticipation. You don't think so? Man, I'd be worried if I was Wes and have Hightower/Mayo/Spikes/McCourty etc lining him up.  Good riddance. As many people have said, you can lose with him, you can lose without him. However, by going to Denver, he just sealed his fate. He will go on IR after that game. It won't be an illegal hit, but the final one will put him out. And I won't feel sorry.  Maybe there is some wedding that he can go crash. Good guy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Very little loyalty by players and management.  It seems everything comes down to money now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Word is Tom Brady is "outraged" - radio report from Tom Curran. 

This was a huge gaffe on the Pats part. To get Brady on a discounted deal and "go cheap" on Welker, that's a mess. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Do we play Denver this year?  If we do I hope Spikes drills Welker coming over the middle just to welcome him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The worst possible landing spot for us and here's why...Welker will be a headlining news story for the entire 2013 season. He went to a good team, with a great quarterback and he is still in the AFC. If we have any chance of getting to the Super Bowl, it will be through Denver - this story will last the entire NFL season...it's bad press. There is all types of negative angles to all this...Brady's restructure for Wes? Can't imagine he's too happy right now, especially with the quarterback he's going to. Us not wanting to spend? This I think will actually help us in this situation - I'd be shocked...utterly stunned if we don't go out and gobble up every single damn free agent available now. Us not extend him when we had the chance? Wasn't good business.

hope something big is on the works right now...I think there is...at least we better hope.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

p.s. report was final Pats offer to Wes was 2 years, $10 million.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

How do you know what the Pat had offered? What the sports press reported is not necessarily accurate.

Sections
Shortcuts