Welker to Denver. Done Deal.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

Re: Welker to Denver. Done Deal.

In response to brazilnut's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

If Welker truly signed with Denver out of spite then what does that say about him and his professionalism? 

Very little loyalty by players and management.  It seems everything comes down to money now.

The prevailing opinion is that the Pats were wanting to go in another direction...perhaps less dependence on the slot receiver position and more on a conventional offense featuring a true WR on the outside? In other words, the low ball offer gave Wes ever incentive to move on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

The Pats will never win  another Superbowl now.

Oh, wait ......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

p.s. report was final Pats offer to Wes was 2 years, $10 million.

2 year 16 million LAST year. Year later, market sucks, too bad. Now you won't sign with us for 6 million less? Screw you. We were going to pay you 6 millon MORE last year. Good bye Wessie.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Do we play Denver this year?  If we do I hope Spikes drills Welker coming over the middle just to welcome him.

You are sick. And Denver cannot do something to Brady?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

DISGRACE!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

They couldn't pay him 2/$12M?  The market has spoken, and it's unbelievable that the Pats wouldn't match that.  Let's see what Plan B is. 

So the idea of Welker's value being pretty high seems to be a myth.  That is a steal of a deal for a guy that productive. 

Or a guy that drops too many balls in key situations.  Say what you want, but he's got a ton of miles on him and he's not in his prime anymore.

He dominates bad or average Ds and struggles against the better ones. Nothing personal and I enjoyed watching him play, but the postseasons have been nothing to enjoy.

I still think for that money he was worth bringing back, mileage or not.  I think 2 years at $6M per is not outlandish.  I guess the question is would he settle for being part of the offense and not its focus?  You have to think with the money the two TEs got it was going in that direction anyway, and Edelman's PT at the start of last season sort of foreshadowed this whole series of events.  I will wait for the other shoe to drop, let's see what Plan B is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

They couldn't pay him 2/$12M?  The market has spoken, and it's unbelievable that the Pats wouldn't match that.  Let's see what Plan B is. 

So the idea of Welker's value being pretty high seems to be a myth.  That is a steal of a deal for a guy that productive. 

Or a guy that drops too many balls in key situations.  Say what you want, but he's got a ton of miles on him and he's not in his prime anymore.

He dominates bad or average Ds and struggles against the better ones. Nothing personal and I enjoyed watching him play, but the postseasons have been nothing to enjoy.

Yes, all the post season disappointment was only because of Welker.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to moskk's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

If Welker truly signed with Denver out of spite then what does that say about him and his professionalism? 

Very little loyalty by players and management.  It seems everything comes down to money now.

The prevailing opinion is that the Pats were wanting to go in another direction...perhaps less dependence on the slot receiver position and more on a conventional offense featuring a true WR on the outside? In other words, the low ball offer gave Wes ever incentive to move on.

I believe you are correct.  Atleast about the Pats wanting to go in another direction.

I for one am looking forward to what is going to happen now.  What direction they are going to take?

More money towards the D I hope and also what they do with the wide receiver position now?  It obviously will be completely different from the previous couple of seasons.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

If you had asked me to give 4 or 5 senarios for a Welker contract I would never have come up with a 2 year 10 million dollar offer. I thought it was offered at 3 years and Welker wanted 4. And I pegged the money at 6-8 Mil per depending on how much would be guaranteed.

It's going to be very interesting to hear what leaks out over the next few weeks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SudburySteve. Show SudburySteve's posts

Who cares what multi-millionaires do in their ego games? Everyone get a life.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

My money is on the Patriots re-signing Vollmer (6-7 mil per max) and Talib (8 mil), and to maybe go out and get another corner (DRC?) I don't see them standing pat. They'll either be loading up with other receivers or loading up with secondary/DL. 

It sucks now, because the team doesn't look great right now, but once free agency is done and they go through the draft, I'm pretty confident that things will shake out just fine.

Wouldn't actually be surprised to see Vollmer go, too. Although he can play the left side probably better than Solder, his versatility would be missed, but Cannon is a solid run blocker, and I think this Welker ordeal is a sign that the pass first offense reign is over.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianKangu. Show BrianKangu's posts

Dont Sweat it, the broncos wont go deep in the playoffs with Wes dropping the important and easy catches in the playoffs as always 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brogers93. Show brogers93's posts

Some of you people are complete idiots, but then again no surprise on here.  Welker gave them a chance to match the offer and the stupid, cheap, stingy Patriots refused.  How can you not value this guy at minimum $6 million a year for two years.  He got sick of Kraft and Belichump screwing him over.  can't blame him.  good luck replacing him.  Maybe Lloyd will step up..HA!  Maybe Gronkowski and Hernandez will stay healthy...HA!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ckunh. Show ckunh's posts

Worst Belichick moves:

1) Not re-signing Wes

2) Trading Seymour

3) Letting Asante go

4) Trading Branch

5) Drafting Chad Jackson

6) Drafting Ras-I Dowling

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Now all the Belichick haters come out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Do we play Denver this year?  If we do I hope Spikes drills Welker coming over the middle just to welcome him.

You are sick. And Denver cannot do something to Brady?

I am not talking about a dirty hit you moron, just a good legal pasting.  Welker can take it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Look, an NFL player has a short career, I say take the money! Selfish? I guess you could say that but, if you do you also have to call the Pat's petty too! - for not paying him. Now the Pat's and Pat's fans have to move on.......I have................next!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from msilver1. Show msilver1's posts

In response to Medic87's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow, talk about the over reaction from my fellow Patriot fans.  Please remind me how many SBs we won since he got here?  He was a great wr for us while he was here, and helped us win a lot games and helped us into the playoffs repeatedly, but c'mon?  It will be ok, Kraft didn't get Brady on a deal just to pocket the rest, he will spend it and reinvest.  We have other holes to fill notably on the def. this all should be obvious, to us all, by now.  I am sure Brady will have someone to throw the ball to. We won't miss welker, except when he plays against us, doh!

We won't miss Welker?-Except his 72 receptions for first downs last year! His NFL leading YAC last year, his most catches in the last five years of any receiver in football, and most by any receiver ever in  any 5 year period.   But lets get someone like Cruz who will cost us more than Welker and a first round draft pick and had more drops then Welker last year with less receptions- Any body who thinks we just got better has no clue what they are talking about.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

I am not talking about a dirty hit you moron, just a good legal pasting.  Welker can take it.

You are sick and not a sportsman at all. Are you obeying your restraining order?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjf. Show drpjf's posts

How can Welker drop Mannings passes when he constantly throws picks???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from walterlr. Show walterlr's posts

More Belichick arrogance. Welker is smarter than I thought. If he can't catch Brady passes, Peyton is next -or maybe even better - second choice.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Two days ago Kraft says he hopes Welker is a pat for life and they don't pay the guy 6 million a year.  Way to lie straight to everyone of your fan's face Kraft.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Registeredindependent. Show Registeredindependent's posts

Sorry to see him go, but Welker wasn't great till he played with Brady. Will he be great without Brady?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Registeredindependent's comment:

Sorry to see him go, but Welker wasn't great till he played with Brady. Will he be great without Brady?

He's got a pretty decent passer throwing darts at him in the same way Brady did.  Do not see why not.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to Registeredindependent's comment:

Peyton Manning is not Grabbert.

Sections
Shortcuts