Welker to Denver. Done Deal.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Re: Welker to Denver. Done Deal.

In response to Patsman3's comment:

Two days ago Kraft says he hopes Welker is a pat for life and they don't pay the guy 6 million a year.  Way to lie straight to everyone of your fan's face Kraft.

He was saying Welker should be paid under market value for life.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Wes was awesome at moving the chains no doubt but how many rings did we win with him? It's clear that they have another plan in place or they never would have let this happen for so little.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to ckunh's comment:

Worst Belichick moves:

1) Not re-signing Wes

2) Trading Seymour

3) Letting Asante go

4) Trading Branch

5) Drafting Chad Jackson

6) Drafting Ras-I Dowling

You forgot #1 by a mile.  Not resigning Vinitari.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from doublya07. Show doublya07's posts

In response to brazilnut's comment:

Do we play Denver this year?  If we do I hope Spikes drills Welker coming over the middle just to welcome him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from doublya07. Show doublya07's posts

In response to doublya07's comment:

In response to brazilnut's comment:

Do we play Denver this year?  If we do I hope Spikes drills Welker coming over the middle just to welcome him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

Yes the Patriots were so cheap and disrespectful of Welker that they paid him 9.515 million dollars last year under the franchise tag while they tried to negotiate in good faith on a long term contract extension which Wes And his agent chose not to accept.  Sure Belichick tried to see what life after Wes would be like if they couldn't agree to a long term deal so he screwed around with Wes' role which probably tweaked Wes (guy always seemed a little insecure to me even though I think he's one of the toughest players in football).  Belichick did it to protect the club just like he drafted Brace when they were in negotiations with Wilfork (who performed and got paid).  

I personally think it was an ego thing for Wes to leave because he was sick of hearing how Brady made him and he wouldn't be 1/2 the WR he is if it wasn't for the great TB and BB.  I think the media whipped it up and his agent stirred the pot and before you know it Wes goes and pulls a Ray Allen.  I do think that BB did mess up by benching Wes in that game VS the Jets for the foot comments and maybe he just got sick of the Patriot way where you can't have any fun or personality and maybe BB will learn from this too and become a better coach.  I think Wes will although I doubt he'll become a better football player as his best days are behind him although he will still be productive, especially in Denver.

Sorry to see him go, always liked him, but I believe that the offense hard to evolve to get back to winning superbowls and maybe Wes had to go to make that happen.  Can't wait to see what this season brings.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxwinitall07. Show soxwinitall07's posts

I think when you look at the Vinitaeri non-sign, in retrospect it wasn't that bad.  Gostkowski has come in and put up similar numbers.  The Pats will score their points next year.  They need to invest in D - starting with Talib.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3990636. Show user_3990636's posts

First time I'm reading comments on this board.

Can't believe all the reaction to Welker signing with Denver. There hasn't been a more dependable receiver than Welker was for the Pats. I guess many of you don't remember all the tough catches he made over the last 6 years, how many hits he took and came back for more. And he was the one that was always playing - not like so many other receivers we have.

Brady gave money back for nothing - what a sucker! Belichick is making a huge mistake.

And by the way to everyone that is saying how many super bowls have they one with Weker - I would ask how many have they one since Belichick has done such a poor job of drafting and keeping key players?? He has squandered Brady's best years with such a poor defense. That's on him - not Welker or Brady!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ElksSoxFan. Show ElksSoxFan's posts

The Pats braintrust must have Troy Brown waiting in the wings to sign.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

Knowing the "all deliberate speed" way the Pats braintrust does these things I'm not expecting ANY announcement on WR's for several days....maybe they sign Talib with all their extra CAP room now....maybe the D will finally be their priority once again, like it was in their SB winning years.

That would be nice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marzxyz. Show marzxyz's posts

Apart from the obvious ugliness between and Welker and the Patriots' front office, this is a "PR disaster" for the Patriots.  With this cold-hearted move, the organization has invited the scorn of a very sizable majority of its fan base.  Time will tell that it would have been alot easier to pay the man what turned out to be a very relatively modest sum for his services. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to kylerocks' comment:

Yes the Patriots were so cheap and disrespectful of Welker that they paid him 9.515 million dollars last year under the franchise tag while they tried to negotiate in good faith on a long term contract extension which Wes And his agent chose not to accept.  Sure Belichick tried to see what life after Wes would be like if they couldn't agree to a long term deal so he screwed around with Wes' role which probably tweaked Wes (guy always seemed a little insecure to me even though I think he's one of the toughest players in football).  Belichick did it to protect the club just like he drafted Brace when they were in negotiations with Wilfork (who performed and got paid).  

I personally think it was an ego thing for Wes to leave because he was sick of hearing how Brady made him and he wouldn't be 1/2 the WR he is if it wasn't for the great TB and BB.  I think the media whipped it up and his agent stirred the pot and before you know it Wes goes and pulls a Ray Allen.  I do think that BB did mess up by benching Wes in that game VS the Jets for the foot comments and maybe he just got sick of the Patriot way where you can't have any fun or personality and maybe BB will learn from this too and become a better coach.  I think Wes will although I doubt he'll become a better football player as his best days are behind him although he will still be productive, especially in Denver.

Sorry to see him go, always liked him, but I believe that the offense hard to evolve to get back to winning superbowls and maybe Wes had to go to make that happen.  Can't wait to see what this season brings.

you know this, how?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to soxwinitall07's comment:

I think when you look at the Vinitaeri non-sign, in retrospect it wasn't that bad.  Gostkowski has come in and put up similar numbers.  The Pats will score their points next year.  They need to invest in D - starting with Talib.

It looks bad when you choose to go for it on like 4th and 12 instead of kicking a 48 yard field goal in the super bowl...in an indoor stadium.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

In response to kylerocks' comment:

you know this, how?

Because you dont use the franchise tag unless you are trying to work out a longer term deal unless you are stupid which the Patriots are not.  It's too much money to pay a player otherwise.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

It's funny reading through this thread at all the people bashing Welker for signing the 2 year $12 mill contract thinking he signed in spite of what the Patriots offered, assuming it was a bit more.  2 Years $10 mill is what the Patriots offered.  So the report that the Patriots offer was laughable was actually correct.  BB better have 2 very good receivers coming on to this team because with what they have now and what they normallly bring in isn't going to do it!!

2/10 is laughable, but 2/12 isnt? what?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Umie1979. Show Umie1979's posts

If the Patriots sign Danny Amendola, we will all forget about Welker.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jeff Howe         Jeff Howe @jeffphowe

The Patriots did not counter the Broncos' offer, according to two sources.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommissionerBS. Show CommissionerBS's posts

The logical explanation for this would be Bob Krapt. It probably distracted Billy Beli. It will most likely happen a few times during the season, 2 , especially during crunch times. I'm pretty sure Peyton will be smiling.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to Rocky's comment:

Jeff Howe         Jeff Howe @jeffphowe

The Patriots did not counter the Broncos' offer, according to two sources.

That actually makes sense. That is more like thier  SOP.

If that's true TB should be pissed and it means they didn't want Wes there anymore at all.  He could have gotten 2/12 a lot of places.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to SudburySteve's comment:

Who cares what multi-millionaires do in their ego games? Everyone get a life.

Sudbury. I been there. It's a big rock with a nickel mine. I been there   Top notch brass pole ballets too!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from eldrik. Show eldrik's posts

Pats just signed Amendola for $31 million over five years with a ten million guarantee.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from eldrik. Show eldrik's posts

This was waiting in the wings for finalization after they let Seller walk.  Good move New England.

Sections
Shortcuts