Welker to Do Well With Broncos/Manning?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Welker to Do Well With Broncos/Manning?

If Welker spends some off-season work with Manning to get their timing down, I think Welker will do well.

Good luck, Wes.  Thanks for the ups an downs w/ the Pats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Welker to Do Well With Broncos/Manning?

Well, he is the only receiver in NFL history with 5 100 catch seasons. I would bet he gets 6 with Manning throwing him the ball.

Welker to Manning is worst case scenario.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

He will be a star in Denver. Thomas will now also have a huge year in that he gets to run deep while Welker has the D worried about him in the slot.

It's a great move for Denver....never in a million years did I think Welker could be had for only 6 mil.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

He will be a star in Denver. Thomas will now also have a huge year in that he gets to run deep while Welker has the D worried about him in the slot.

It's a great move for Denver....never in a million years did I think Welker could be had for only 6 mil.

Guess the front office shot a blank.......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Yes he will

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

WhoooPEEE yet another unnecessary separate Welker post.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Yes he will

The Broncos-Patriots game will be fun to watch. I think we play them at home next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

Guess the front office shot a blank.......

The writing was on the wall.
    1) Welker turns down 2/16 million last year, doesn't start 1st game.
    2) Patriots offer Wes 2/10 this year. Thanks for the memories.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I project close to 85-95 catches

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

I project close to 85-95 catches

he'll get his touches w/ manning. For two years? Good for Denver.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Good move for Denver

Team will be like 14-2

Wes will catch 85-95 passes but only 4-5 TD's

Team will lose to a physical defense that pushes Wes around and he'll drop 2-3 passes in decisive playoff game

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Good move for Denver

Team will be like 14-2

Wes will catch 85-95 passes but only 4-5 TD's

Team will lose to a physical defense that pushes Wes around and he'll drop 2-3 passes in decisive playoff game

Lol.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

One thing is for sure, Manning has to be loving this!!  Perfect fit for Welker, actually there couldn't have been a better fit for Welker unless he stayed with TFB.  Not so sure we will be able to say that about the person who takes Welkers spot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

One thing is for sure, Manning has to be loving this!!  Perfect fit for Welker, actually there couldn't have been a better fit for Welker unless he stayed with TFB.  Not so sure we will be able to say that about the person who takes Welkers spot.

true. Hard shoes to fill. Time for some players to step up (like Hernandez and Edelwoman).

Need to get a decent WR or two, focus on D.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

The Broncos are going all in on the final years of Manning's career.  I just wish the Pats had the same philosophy with Brady.

Long ways to go before the start of the regular season but it just doesn't look like Brady gets the same support that the Broncos gives Manning.  I have been saying for a few years on here the Pats need to go all out and take advantage of TFB being here while he is... they have not done it yet. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 1h

Wes Welker on comparing Peyton Manning and Tom Brady: "It's like comparing Michelangelo and Picasso."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Absolutely. Wes will have a good year, but don't know if he will have it by Wes standards. 

If the broncos get a running game, watch out. That will be a scary offense if manning plays well. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

He is sure ready!

Wes Welker @WesWelker 19m

T minus 9 min! And so it begins!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Of course Wes will do well with Broncos. Very well.  Mile high air will not slow him down. He's got all the right stuff, and is playing with a QB that will throw the ball his way. Game at Gillette with Broncos is going to be crazy intense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

If Welker spends some off-season work with Manning to get their timing down, I think Welker will do well.

Who cares how Welker does, now that he's signed on as a Horseface! I'm far more interested in how Danny Armendola does! Go Pats!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Not to be a name dropper here but I had the chance to talk with John Elway last week and he sounds very, very confident going into this season.  He is ecstatic with his offense and feels Welker just adds so much more to the offense, for Manning to play with.

Last season the Patriots had some huge offensive numbers, I think we are going to see those numbers matched by Denver this season.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Not to be a name dropper here but I had the chance to talk with John Elway last week and he sounds very, very confident going into this season.  He is ecstatic with his offense and feels Welker just adds so much more to the offense, for Manning to play with.

Last season the Patriots had some huge offensive numbers, I think we are going to see those numbers matched by Denver this season.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

Elway is a complete tool. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Of course WW will do well, he is being thrown to by another HOF QB. HOWEVER! That doesn't mean a damned thing when it comes to "TEAM" accomplishments because regardless of how well Wes did individually with us, it did not translate into a single championship. So, IMHO, unless Manning and the Denver offense is committed to doing what we have done with Wes the last few years, they will be more conscious about balance and Wes won't see the numbers that he has enjoyed with the Patriots. Personally, I hope Wes breaks records because that will mean that when we face Denver, they will be easier to play, just as the good teams found us when it mattered most during the play-offs........

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

lets not forget that Wes and the Broncs are going up against the Raiders, Chargers and Chiefs defense 6 times....pretty easy schedule for the Broncos this year

Sections
Shortcuts