Welker to Do Well With Broncos/Manning?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Welker to Do Well With Broncos/Manning?

In response to anonymis's comment:

If Welker spends some off-season work with Manning to get their timing down, I think Welker will do well.

Good luck, Wes.  Thanks for the ups an downs w/ the Pats.

90  1200  8 td

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I can't recall any player leaving the Pats with such fanfare.  He's a slot receiver. 

Whatever.  See ya.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

They better hope he does something and gomer and he can get on the same page, cause the Denver D won't be able to stop anything. I wonder how gomer feels going into another season loaded on O but crapola for D

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I just wonder how much longer Welker can keep himself young and quick - he'll have a great season for sure, but his legs seem to get pretty tired as the year goes on. I can see him having 90 catches and going to having 70 catch seasons the rest of his career. I've always been a fan of his and wish him nothing but the best (I just don't want to see him win anything).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

Evidence? Ask TFB and the other WW apologists. it was much more than the obvious because they stiil dont really get it as they are still loyal. If you are looking for an afadavit from the staff, I dont have one. And if you think i'd bet my life on this? NO! Just like all of us here, we are using our own experiences to help with what we think. I believe I'm correct. I cant tell you for sure I am like i see others do, yes including Rusty, on a regular Basis. This is my educated assumption That is derived from my personal experience and education with the game. 

If we're going to assume things based on pure speculation I'll take a stab at it as well.

I think BB simply realized Welker was dropping too many big balls in the playoffs. There have been a number of huge drops that really hurt the team. I think he correctly realized that it's pointless to have a guy run up numbers all year only to fail when you need him the most.

If we were only talking about the "butterfingers" drop, that would be one thing. But there have been several more. Repeatedly doing this shows Wes has real issues in big games. And you really don't want thirtysomething midget WRs that have real issues in big games on your team when the contract is up. Simple as that.

Everything you say above bolsters my position. Yes too many drops, as a result of too many targets in big sitatuions. That said, the EOY analysis for the staff comes down to cataloguing every single play during the season to identify weaknessess and tendancies. I have no doubts that a legit question that could come up when trying to identify obvious tendancies was likely, "Why does it seem like Tom is going to Wes on almost every single big play?" Answer, "Well, because he's open." Counter point, "Yeah, but after we reviewed the game tape, we show that on 40% of all throws to Wes, including the "BIG PLAYS", another receiver was in position for a target (open) also. And, on 25% of the WW targets, another receiver intended to be the primary was open on the selected option route designed for that particular pre-snap, defensive alignment." Though what I say here is largely speculation, I can tell you that I am seeing and saying what I have seen before with others and and heard before in meetings. As a former CB, I tend to watch the sets as much as possible. It is like guessing pre-sanp what the right audible would be going into the play based on Defensive movement. I personaly see plenty of times when other receivers would be open on what I anticipate as an appropriate "option route" before the play, then it is either validated or roven incorrect during the overhead TV replay. I am very good at it as it was required of me at one time as part of my job.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Evidence? Ask TFB and the other WW apologists. it was much more than the obvious because they stiil dont really get it as they are still loyal. If you are looking for an afadavit from the staff, I dont have one. And if you think i'd bet my life on this? NO! Just like all of us here, we are using our own experiences to help with what we think. I believe I'm correct. I cant tell you for sure I am like i see others do, yes including Rusty, on a regular Basis. This is my educated assumption That is derived from my personal experience and education with the game. 

If we're going to assume things based on pure speculation I'll take a stab at it as well.

I think BB simply realized Welker was dropping too many big balls in the playoffs. There have been a number of huge drops that really hurt the team. I think he correctly realized that it's pointless to have a guy run up numbers all year only to fail when you need him the most.

If we were only talking about the "butterfingers" drop, that would be one thing. But there have been several more. Repeatedly doing this shows Wes has real issues in big games. And you really don't want thirtysomething midget WRs that have real issues in big games on your team when the contract is up. Simple as that.

Everything you say above bolsters my position. Yes too many drops, as a result of too many targets in big sitatuions.

Hunh? Welker dropped big passes because he was targeted too many times? That makes a stretch look reasonable. It's not like every big pass Brady threw was at Welker. After the "butterfingers" drop, he targeted Branch on 3rd down.

There is nothing about his drops or anything else I said that bolsters your speculation that he was let go because he was Brady's "security blanket". Like rusty, you're just making things up without a shred of evidence to back it up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Damn, dudes!  This can go back and forth all season long about Welker but after just seeing some of the Bronco's practice today on NFL network there was some amazing Welker catches.  One play he got good seperation from the defender and pulled in a one handed fingertip pass.  He looks quick, can get separation, wish he was still a Patriot.  Amendolla may offer a few more things and is younger but man, it would have been nice to have BOTH of them here.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Damn, dudes!  This can go back and forth all season long about Welker but after just seeing some of the Bronco's practice today on NFL network there was some amazing Welker catches.  One play he got good seperation from the defender and pulled in a one handed fingertip pass.  He looks quick, can get separation, wish he was still a Patriot.  Amendolla may offer a few more things and is younger but man, it would have been nice to have BOTH of them here.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

TFB, you're right. As many of these debates often do, this could go on and on. So I will make it easy and to agree to disagree as an opinion, regardless of who's it is bere, is merely an opinion. Babe, regardless of reasons for it, we do agree that it was best that the Pats did the correct thing by letting Wes go. I believe they will benefit from it in that we will see more offensive diversity and a better useage of offensive personel. GO PATS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

TFB, you're right. As many of these debates often do, this could go on and on. So I will make it easy and to agree to disagree as an opinion

I have no problem with you expressing an opinion. I just feel it needs to be pointed out that there is no evidence whatsoever showing that what you're claiming is a factor in this.

Speculation is fine, as long as it is presented as that.

Sections
Shortcuts