Welker trade in the works?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Welker trade in the works?

I know people say that they wouldn't do this to Brady as Wes is his "security blanket" but The few times Wes has been unavailable Brady has actually had better stats. He relys on him too much in my opinion.
    So lets say BB is as ruthless as most think. Doesn't that translate to a trade where we get a couple top end picks or a top end and a few mid level picks. Take Cleveland for example I could see them making a trade for him. And I would pull the trigger for a second this year and a second next year or a first next year and a third and 5th this year lets say.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: Welker trade in the works?

currious how people think this will go.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I think he comes back. I actually believe the hang up ain't about pesos but total years on the contract and how much is guaranteed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Why would a team trade for Welker if they think they can get him without surrendering any picks next year which is what they would expect if NE tried to move him after he signed the franchise tender (which he hasn't done yet so trading him is out of the question).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: Welker trade in the works?:
    I think he comes back. I actually believe the hang up ain't about pesos but total years on the contract and how much is guaranteed.
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting

Left a 3 yr. deal on the table last fall, at 31 how much more can you expect for a slot receiver?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Welker trade in the works? : Left a 3 yr. deal on the table last fall, at 31 how much more can you expect for a slot receiver?
    Posted by part-timer

Do you have a link for that because the only one I ever saw reported was 2/18 and we don't really even know if that one was true or someone's guess.
    The Pats don't normally let that kind of info out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Wes Welker to the Rams for Steven Jackson. The Rams draft a younger richarson and the receiver they desperately need for Bradford. 

Mark it down dude.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Wes Welker to the Rams for Steven Jackson. The Rams draft a younger richarson and the receiver they desperately need for Bradford.  Mark it down dude.
    Posted by TrueChamp

If Welker likes the trade and agrees to extend this could actually happen...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

One thing we all know is that if Belichick thinks that a deal will improve the team and he can make it he will. Its always tough to know whats really going on, especially with the Patriots. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Nothing would surprise me, but I'm thinking he plays under the franchise tender - in all honesty when you look at his contract demands - it may be the best for both parties.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Can't trade him until he signs a deal or signs the franchise tender and I can't see either happening before the draft or during the draft.
    As far as trading him goes once he is signed or on a sign and trade deal - with BB anything is possible - we have enough TE/Slot receiver talent on the roster at the moment so it wouldn't create that big a hole in the offense. But ... you aren't going to get a deal with a rebuilding team for a player that maybe has three years left. A team that thiinks it can win in the next two years is the only one that would offer value.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

In response to "Re: Welker trade in the works?":
    Wes Welker to the Rams for Steven Jackson. The Rams draft a younger richarson and the receiver they desperately need for Bradford.  Mark it down dude. Posted by TrueChamp
    Posted this under S Jackson to NE Glad to see someone sees what I've been saying for 2 weekd

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

First he needs to sign his tag and that doesn't sound like it's happening anytime soon. Not even ramblings that there could be a sign and trade. Usually you hear whispers by now. Remember the Pats are great at keeping secrets, other teams aren't.

If we hear he signed his tag before Fridays round 2 starts then I think it's a good chance. Or if they dbl dip on WR's in the draft then there's a possibility of a Seymour type of trade but until nether happens then there is no chance of him being traded

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

So, you guys want to trade a 31 yr old top receiver in the league, that wants and deserves more money for a 30yr old RB that has over 300 carries a year and wants more money?
    Do you really think they're going to pay a RB  (whose shelf life is nearing expiration) more than their already established core players?
    Do you think he'll rack up more yards than WW?
    I don't.
    I do agree they need another back but it won't be Jack$on.
    There are better and more pressing needs they can spend their $$$ on, like a pass rush or secondary help.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i suspect he hasn't signed because he wants to stay with nwe. by not signing, he can't be traded before an during the draft. he signs after. even though there is no guarantee that he will not be traded then, perhaps there will be less reason for bb to trade him once the dust has settled a bit. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Nothing would surprise me. I can't see how Brady has played better when Welker wasn't on field.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

C'mon guys, really?  Welker isn't going anywhere!  The draft will come and go and then the Patriots and Welker will come to a contract agreement.  Welker isn't going anywhere while Brady is the QB.  You can take that to the bank!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Really??  You have this thought going through your head based on what?  Is there ANYTHING in the Pats camp which gives any indication Welker is trade bait or BB wants him out?  Definitely a sign of how boring it is around here when the season is over and posters have to drum up something to get this board from being "bored"!!  Who's going to put up a thread that the Pats are thinking of trading Brady to move up in the draft?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Wes Welker to the Rams for Steven Jackson. The Rams draft a younger richarson and the receiver they desperately need for Bradford.  Mark it down dude.
    Posted by TrueChamp

I'd love to see that happen....CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

So, you guys want to trade a 31 yr old top receiver in the league, that wants and deserves more money for a 30yr old RB that has over 300 carries a year and wants more money? Do you really think they're going to pay a RB  (whose shelf life is nearing expiration) more than their already established core players? Do you think he'll rack up more yards than WW? I don't. I do agree they need another back but it won't be Jack$on. There are better and more pressing needs they can spend their $$$ on, like a pass rush or secondary help.
    Posted by pezz4pats

Come on, Pezz, after all he's just a slot receiver. Ugh, dumbest argument ever for not wanting to pay Welker. I would have taken SJax a few years ago in a heartbeat but now I'd be hestitant. Especially if Welker was the cost.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

At WW's age, I suspect he needs the Pats more than the Pats need him. He better be very sure what's he's doing in negotiations......He a great producer during the regular season, but what has he done in the playoffs? Minimal production and key dropped passes.........good luck to him on a new contract

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Interesting discourse which is what I was hoping to get here. First I don't see a Welker for Jackson deal as that just does not make sense due to how BB designs his teams. As for a trade I realise Wes needs to sign his deal first but that can happen in a hurry if they make a deal and Wes agrees to it.
    Now my issue is this. Due to how BB constructs his teams a slot WR is not going to make more then about 8 million a year total when spread over a contracts length and that is pushing it. For one year I could see them swallowing a franchise tag but that is it and they would not be happy doing it and I suspect as soon as that was signed they would have a deal ready to ship him out. That is why they got Gonzales and they have hernandes and edleman etc. to take up the slack and there will be fewer balls to go to Wes with Lloyd.
    So again I would offer him a 3 year deal 24 million, 18 Guaranteed and he either takes it or the first chance I get when he signs the franchise I flip him for a pick or picks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by TrueChamp

This would be a horrible trade for the Pats, if it indeed went down. I'd rather have Wes.

In any event, the Pats can't trade Wes, even assuming that they wanted to, unless and until he signs the franchise tender. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Welker trade in the works? :      This would be a horrible trade for the Pats, if it indeed went down. I'd rather have Wes.        In any event, the ats can't trade Wes, even assuming that they wanted to, unless and until he signs the franchise tender. 
    Posted by TexasPat3

I agree.. but, as Welker said all over the various ESPN shows yesterday, this is a business and the fans need to accept the fact business trumps heart strings!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

McGinnest said he is being a deva and he is a slot WR and needs to sign the franchise as it is a LOT of money.... my opinion also!

Sections
Shortcuts