Welker Unlikely to Hold Out

  1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

    Welker Unlikely to Hold Out

         Though Pats' WR Wes Welker has been franchised, there's no guarantee that he'll sign the one year tender, which would pay him close to $10mil. this season. But, it's being reported that it's highly doubtful that he will choose to hold out: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827e63dd/article/agent-not-sure-if-patriots-welker-signs-franchise-tender?module=HP11_headline_stack

         Meanwhile, the Pats will continue to try to work out a reasonable long term deal. Also, the Pats cannot trade Welker until he signs the franchise tender.  
     
  2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

    Re: Welker Unlikely to Hold Out

    "Wes is, he's another special guy, sort of like BenJarvus..." Kraft

    That, doesn't sound very promising.
     
  3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

    Re: Welker Unlikely to Hold Out

    In Response to Re: Welker Unlikely to Hold Out:
    "Wes is, he's another special guy, sort of like BenJarvus..." Kraft That, doesn't sound very promising.
    Posted by BabeParilli


         I"m a big fan of Wes Welker. But, I'm a bigger fan of the Patriots. At age 31, there's no way that they should sign him to an expensive, long term deal. The Pats should either trade him this season...or keep him at the franchised rate, and release him next season. 
     
  4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

    Re: Welker Unlikely to Hold Out

    In Response to Re: Welker Unlikely to Hold Out:
    "Wes is, he's another special guy, sort of like BenJarvus..." Kraft That, doesn't sound very promising.
    Posted by BabeParilli



    Sounds like Kraft and his staff place value on "high character" guys like BJGE and Wes Welker. Un-drafted guys that work hard to improve, and earn roster spots. It is this line of thinking that has made the Patriots one of the most well run organizations in all of sports, and is the reason Bill Belichick is the best GM of the FA era.

     
  5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

    Re: Welker Unlikely to Hold Out

    babeparilli is gay
     
  6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

    Re: Welker Unlikely to Hold Out

    Welker is pure class.  There's no way he will hold out.  He'll get a 3-4 year deal at a very reasonable rate sometime before the season starts.
     
  7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

    Re: Welker Unlikely to Hold Out

    Comon now, that works out to be about $1,000,000 a month. I'll comb the field for a few months of that action. You can negotiate while your in the bath tub soaking in your gold nuggets.
     
  8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

    Re: Welker Unlikely to Hold Out

    In Response to Re: Welker Unlikely to Hold Out:
    babeparilli is gay
    Posted by NYPatsFan12




    gay is not an epithet. dont speak bigot.
     
  9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

    Re: Welker Unlikely to Hold Out

    I don't see him holding out and I think it breaks down like this...
    50% chance he signs a cap friendly 3 year deal
    35% chance he is traded
    15% chance he signs his tender and plays under it for the year

    And I love him as a man... as far as I know he seems to be a high character guy, and I think he has at least two more years left at a good strong level.
     
  10. This post has been removed.

     
  11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

    Re: Welker Unlikely to Hold Out

    I wonder what TB's influence is with the Pats brass on Wes. I think he stays and retires as a Patriot with TB.
     
  12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

    Re: Welker Unlikely to Hold Out

    In Response to Re: Welker Unlikely to Hold Out:
    Welker is pure class.  There's no way he will hold out.  He'll get a 3-4 year deal at a very reasonable rate sometime before the season starts.
    Posted by pyegian


    I'm pretty sure he won't be holding out because I don't think he will find another job paying him 9+ mil for a years work.
     
  13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

    Re: Welker Unlikely to Hold Out

    In Response to Re: Welker Unlikely to Hold Out:
    I don't see him holding out and I think it breaks down like this... 50% chance he signs a cap friendly 3 year deal 35% chance he is traded 15% chance he signs his tender and plays under it for the year And I love him as a man... as far as I know he seems to be a high character guy, and I think he has at least two more years left at a good strong level.
    Posted by DaBlade


    Wes already turned down the cap friendly deal.
    The problem is giving Wes fair market value takes him into his 34th year of age.
    Bottom line Wes is looking for $20 million guarantee which is fair. The hard part is Pats fitting it into the salary structure they are adhering to.
     
  14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

    Re: Welker Unlikely to Hold Out

    In Response to Re: Welker Unlikely to Hold Out:
    babeparilli is gay
    Posted by NYPatsFan12


    Thats an insult to all the gay people in the world. At least they can list their top 10 gm's of all time without a 90 pages of avoiding the question
     
Sections
Shortcuts

Share