Welker value

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkindc. Show dkindc's posts

Welker value

I hope this isn't redundant - I haven't take the time to read here much recently.

If Welker is not worth as much in another system - that is he really benefits from Brady - then did/do the other receivers benefit from TB12 too?  Hernandez and Gronk - guess we might never know.  Edelman we may find out.  Branch? Lloyd? Stallworth?  Particularly Lloyd - did he have decent numbers to some degree cause of TB12?  What about his good 2010 year?

It seems like no matter who is throwing to you - you have to also be a great receiver to get the stats Welker acheived.  At least you have to be pretty smart - E.G. Ocho Cinco.  Lloyd is reportedly very smart.

Sorry for not framing the question better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Welker value

It's a good question. My take is that Welker is the best Wes Welker-type receiver in the NFL.

He absolutely benefits from playing with Brady and in this system that is to some extent, built around his unique skills. I doubt he'd have the same level of success elsewhere. By the same token, he's a talented player (despite a significant number of haters) and I do not believe you can plug in an Edelman and expect the same production or success. No way.

The offense would change without him. Maybe for the good in the long run, because Brady would be forced to develop a rapport with other players and spread the ball around.  But I can't help but think, "be careful what you wish for." I don't think they'd be as dynamic of an offense without him. Think of all the big plays he's made over the years.

Yeah, I know he dropped a couple of big passes.  But I maintain the bigger contributor to those losses was the absence of Gronkowski. I'd like to see them with both those guys at full speed in one of those type games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Brady and Welker were made for each other. They both benefit.

Lloyd is good but seems more limited than I expected. I would like to see someone better than Lloyd. And have Edleman as a third WR. I don't know who the 4th would be. A rookie?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

Brady and Welker were made for each other. They both benefit.

Lloyd is good but seems more limited than I expected. I would like to see someone better than Lloyd. And have Edleman as a third WR. I don't know who the 4th would be. A rookie?

Keep Lloyd, replace Branch with someone better. Shouldn't be hard.