Welker vs Amendola Metrics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Welker vs Amendola Metrics

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Here's the stat I like:

Amendola’s success rate is considerably higher at 21.9 receptions per drop.

Welker’s 11 drops last season were second-most in the NFL. Amendola’s drop rate (2.1 percent of targets dropped) rated second-lowest in the NFL.

Sounds like BB made the right call

It's a little hard to drop the ball when you aren't on the field to be thrown to. Fact is players with less looks tend to drop less balls, rate wise, then players that are targetted a lot. Notice the highest % drops usually comes from the players that are targetted the most. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am not your enemy. I simply enjoy the banter...nothing personal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Here's the stat I like:

Welker’s 11 drops last season were second-most in the NFL. Amendola’s drop rate (2.1 percent of targets dropped) rated second-lowest in the NFL.

It's a little hard to drop the ball when you aren't on the field to be thrown to. Fact is players with less looks tend to drop less balls, rate wise, then players that are targetted a lot. Notice the highest % drops usually comes from the players that are targetted the most. 

You are correct PatsEng. 

Obviously it stands to reason that the more opportunity you have to drop a ball, the more balls you will drop.  KansasPatriot throws out the statement of Welkers drops comprared to Amedola's drop rate.  Yes, Amedola's drop rate is lower but he didn't have near the passes thrown to him as Welker did.  So he stops there and says Welker was at the top of the list in dropped passes.  Well, he is good company then because as you see below there were some very good WR's who dropped balls last season. 

Welker (15 drops), Calvin Johnson (14 drops), Brandon Marshall (13 drops), Victor Cruz, Eric Decker and Donnie Avery (all tied 12 drops) all led the league last season in dropped passes.  But you gotta look inside the number for the whole story.  It's easy for people to jump in here and point fingers and throw out stats when the stats they throw out don't paint the full picture.  That's where they fail.

Welker had 133 catchable drops, his drop rate was 11.28%, Johnson at 10.29% drop rate, Marshall at 9.92% drop rate, Cruz at 12.24% drop rate, Decker at 12.37Z% drop rate and Avery at 16.67% drop rate. 

According to KansasPatriot's comment I guess since Amendola's drop rate is low then he is better then Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Victor Cruz, and Eric Decker too.  Maybe he should go a bit further and see that Wes Welker, while had the most drops wasn't even in the top 15 in highest drop rates. Just for kicks, Donnie Avery was at the top of the list with 12 drops out of 72 catchable passes, with a 16.67% drop rate.

Since I have started paying more attention to peoples posts around here I am taken back by just how many people throw out blanket statements that really don't mean much when you fully look into the numbers.   None is worse then Rusty, but there are several here who I have always taken as good, educated posters that follow  Rusty's lead here with posting shallow comments acting like they are facts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

Wow Rusty, I've never seen anyone take it to you as bad at you've been crushed on this thread...

I like alot of the stuff you've had to say in the past but you definitely got owned on this thread.

How did I get "owned"?  You kids are funny. I bludgeon you in the Bobby Orr thread and now you're looking to ally with my known enemies as some way of reagaing your footing.

lol

Just move on. Your comments about Cindy Crosby being better than Gretzky were flat out embarrassing for you.

You got owned by you being called out and exposed for throwing out incorrect statements acting like they are true facts just to push your agenda here.  Do your research before posting garbage when comparing players or making slanted and false statements to help your cause. You are a fraud here Rusty.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

i think it simple

Pats / Kraft  had a $# and Welkr didn't want it

Welker is 32? and Amendola 27-8?

WR's stop being good in their early 30's

Welker has been beat up alot ( tuff tuff kid)

But better to decouple a year early than a year late

More than anything else from the SB winning years                                                                  it seems to me that TB mixes his receivers as much -                                                           during the season - NBD -but in the playoffs it has.                                                            and Welker has been hammered w/o our TE duo in                                                            there he really got nailed and he made some drops

So for this year I don't think it makes a difference- what we do                                          need is some real speed and the ability to get open on the outside

Will PM use Welker the same way? will either or both get hurt?                                           As BB said - tell me when a player is going to get hurt and i will take him out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

How is me asking for metrics between Amendola and Welker in order to discuss the positives of each to compare in each context (Rams vs Patriots), me being "owned"?

Could it be you're a little insecure and butt hurt, not to mention EMBARRASSED beyond belief, thinking Welker had leverage on BB? 

Just who is one person who challenged you on that dumb premise? Me.

Welker never had leverage. EVER. Moss didn't either. Get over it.

Amedola drops the ball far less than Welker, too. Not to mention he's played with a weaker cast, weaker QB, and can line up in all spots, etc.

I wanted to see metrics. Z provided those for discussion purposes. Meanwhile, you've tried to delfect and spam the thread in fear of Amendola looking like the better future option over your binky.

Spin, Spin, Spin!!

You lost all credibility with this comment..... "How is me asking for metrics between Amendola and Welker in order to discuss the positives of each to compare in each context (Rams vs Patriots)"

Hahaha!! you are so full of it!!  You weren't going to do that.  You were asking for help to find facts because someone actually called you out on it you not having facts, only using your opinion and trying to make people believe they were true facts!!

I provided facts that totally shot holes in ALL of your previous Amedola/Welker comparissons that were based on just you opinions... so here you are trying to find facts that you could counter my facts with... But you never could!!  IT"S ONLY YOUR OPINION!! 

Z provided opinions, he didn't provide numbers.  Numbers are facts.  Opinions are not facts!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Wow Rusty, I've never seen anyone take it to you as bad at you've been crushed on this thread...

I like alot of the stuff you've had to say in the past but you definitely got owned on this thread.

How did I get "owned"?  You kids are funny. I bludgeon you in the Bobby Orr thread and now you're looking to ally with my known enemies as some way of reagaing your footing.

lol

Just move on. Your comments about Cindy Crosby being better than Gretzky were flat out embarrassing for you.

Repost where Ispecifically said 87 was better then 99 ? Please find it! You can't cause I never said that..go reread that debate..stop talking out of your behind..

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

lol

Repost where Ispecifically said 87 was better then 99 ? Please find it! You can't cause I never said that..go reread that debate..stop talking out of your behind..

Andbludgeoned me? Lmao please bro.. Your street hockey credentials hardly make u look good..

• You sound like a wannabe Don Cherry who spews hot garbage that has very little substance when It comes to hockey..Stick to football.

I invite anyone to go read our debate on the Orr thread and see If I got owned, lmao snap out of it bud.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

This is the only stat I give a rats azz about.

Amendola missed 22 games out of 32 the last 2 seasons.

He's got to prove he can stay on the field before I'm putting much stock in him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

I said something along the lines of Sid when it's all said and done will have just as decorated career as #4 and I do truely believe that..

I am no pens fan but dude is the best player on the planet by a mile, has been for a while and will be for the next 5-10 years barring head injuries...

Thats a fact your going to have to deal with..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Holy crap, it was worse than I thought! You said he'd be better than Orr!  LOL!!!

"Just like when it's all said and done Sid will be looked at as better then Orr..

Hate all you want it's true."

Tears!  You'd be thrown out of every bar in Canada if you made that statement publicly. 

Dude simmer, I was born and live in TOronto.. The hockey capital of the world.

Your from Boston and a complete homer...I live and breath hockey everyday...work for the leafs, I can name and prove a few pros and semi pros I've played with..I can argue my point all dscut until you've come here and met me and seen what I'm around on a daily basis please dot bring your hockey talk my way..

You way way underrate 87... Or maybe it's simply hate..

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Apologies for the grammar, my phones messed up.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

I said something along the lines of Sid when it's all said and done will have just as decorated career as #4 and I do truely believe that..

I am no pens fan but dude is the best player on the planet by a mile, has been for a while and will be for the next 5-10 years barring head injuries...

Just two years ago it was an Ovechkin/Crosby debate, so it's not "a mile" anyway. Throw in a lot of really good players who don't whine like a little girl like Crosby does, and it's beyond debatable that he's not the definitive best in the game right now.

But, to seriously think Crosby would even touch Orr is prepostrous.  Orr changed the game was scoring 140 points, more than offensemen!  Crosby couldn't touch that today. Couldn't touch it.

You have a lot to learn about players who came before your time.

Offense men? Lolol dude there called forwards..

Secondly ovechkin was always a 1 trick pony...

Third Sid is still on the right side of 25 and has ridiculous accomplishments..

Too bad I probably won't be talking to you in 5 years to say I told you so.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Just two years ago it was an Ovechkin/Crosby debate, so it's not "a mile" anyway. Throw in a lot of really good players who don't whine like a little girl like Crosby does, and it's beyond debatable that he's not the definitive best in the game right now.

But, to seriously think Crosby would even touch Orr is prepostrous.  Orr changed the game was scoring 140 points, more than offensemen!  Crosby couldn't touch that today. Couldn't touch it.

You have a lot to learn about players who came before your time.

Offense men? Lolol dude there called forwards..

Secondly ovechkin was always a 1 trick pony...

Third Sid is still on the right side of 25 and has ridiculous accomplishments..

Too bad I probably won't be talking to you in 5 years to say I told you so.

Right now the point is moot cause he still has more then half hiscareer left. 

What kind of response do you think I'ginning to get on a B's board with this arguement, lmao talk about home courtadvantage..lol

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Here's the stat I like:

You are correct PatsEng. 

Obviously it stands to reason that the more opportunity you have to drop a ball, the more balls you will drop.  KansasPatriot throws out the statement of Welkers drops comprared to Amedola's drop rate.  Yes, Amedola's drop rate is lower but he didn't have near the passes thrown to him as Welker did.  So he stops there and says Welker was at the top of the list in dropped passes.  Well, he is good company then because as you see below there were some very good WR's who dropped balls last season. 

Welker (15 drops), Calvin Johnson (14 drops), Brandon Marshall (13 drops), Victor Cruz, Eric Decker and Donnie Avery (all tied 12 drops) all led the league last season in dropped passes.  But you gotta look inside the number for the whole story.  It's easy for people to jump in here and point fingers and throw out stats when the stats they throw out don't paint the full picture.  That's where they fail.

Welker had 133 catchable drops, his drop rate was 11.28%, Johnson at 10.29% drop rate, Marshall at 9.92% drop rate, Cruz at 12.24% drop rate, Decker at 12.37Z% drop rate and Avery at 16.67% drop rate. 

According to KansasPatriot's comment I guess since Amendola's drop rate is low then he is better then Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Victor Cruz, and Eric Decker too.  Maybe he should go a bit further and see that Wes Welker, while had the most drops wasn't even in the top 15 in highest drop rates. Just for kicks, Donnie Avery was at the top of the list with 12 drops out of 72 catchable passes, with a 16.67% drop rate.

Since I have started paying more attention to peoples posts around here I am taken back by just how many people throw out blanket statements that really don't mean much when you fully look into the numbers.   None is worse then Rusty, but there are several here who I have always taken as good, educated posters that follow  Rusty's lead here with posting shallow comments acting like they are facts.

Sorry to rile you up TFB. I like WW, but the honeymoon was over when he dropped that pass that cost us the SB, and then BB turned around rewarded him with a 9 million dollar contract. And what's he do? He flubbed another pass that could have changed momentum in the AFCCG this year.

Then after the season WW decided he was still worth more than BB wanted to give him.

It was time for a change.The guy was dropping easy passes with no one around him when we needed to keep the ball  moving, but then making catches while he was getting speared in the helmet or blasted in the chest.

He was becoming inconsistent. yeah he was getting alot passes thrown his way, and that was another problem, too much reliance on one guy, and not enough weapons.

Sections
Shortcuts