well.. a lot of us called it.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BunkerSpreckels. Show BunkerSpreckels's posts

Re: well.. a lot of us called it.

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

I'm guessing Josh lobbied hard for him.  After all, he had him in Denver. 

He might have a small role while Gronk is out, lining up in the backfield like they used Hern.  Or, they could use him on the punt team and pull some fake punts.   But a full-time role?  I don't see it.  A longshot to make the team.

Tebow got a raw dealin Denver, as did McDaniels.  Then the Jets got taken for a ride by Elway before misusing Tebow in that circus.  BB will find the right role for him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BunkerSpreckels. Show BunkerSpreckels's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

I hope he doesn't steal any reps from Mallett

Earth to Woody, Mike and Rex!!..............
    Two bad QB's, DO NOT equal a good one!

I guarantee you that Mallet will now be traded for a mid first round pick.  He's better than any QB in this years draft.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BunkerSpreckels' comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm guessing Josh lobbied hard for him.  After all, he had him in Denver. 

He might have a small role while Gronk is out, lining up in the backfield like they used Hern.  Or, they could use him on the punt team and pull some fake punts.   But a full-time role?  I don't see it.  A longshot to make the team.

Tebow got a raw dealin Denver, as did McDaniels.  Then the Jets got taken for a ride by Elway before misusing Tebow in that circus.  BB will find the right role for him.

[/QUOTE]

Miracles happen. I agree with you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

I guarantee you that Mallet will now be traded for a mid first round pick.  He's better than any QB in this years draft.

[/QUOTE]

That would be nice. So you think the Pats have long term plans for Tebow?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BunkerSpreckels. Show BunkerSpreckels's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That would be nice. So you think the Pats have long term plans for Tebow?

[/QUOTE]

BB doesn't do anything without a plan.  Half of the NFL would take Mallet in heartbeat and a quarter would give up a high round pick.  BB is the master of ROI.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BunkerSpreckels. Show BunkerSpreckels's posts

Look at phat rex continuing to post.  He doesn't even realize that he's been banned.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

this is the most important issue. Mallett, not Tebow must get as many reps in preseason as possible. the other issue is if Tebow does make the final roster, some one has to get cut. no one thought the Pats would keep 3 QB's, will they now?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i am really speechless....wow. i guess McD has alot of pull.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

They cut Kafka so Tebow is there to play QB, not TE or H-back. The guy has never played any position other than QB (and that is debatable) so to suggest he could play another position is senseless.  They won't trade Mallett because Tebow is there, that is borderline absurd. They may trade Mallett, but not because Tebow is there. He'll get a chance to play and may or may not make the team. 

Belichick won't allow there to be a media circus like there was in NY. He'll be a backup and if he  talks to the media too much for BB's taste, they'll dump him. But he won't. He'll behave like Chad 85 did.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

[QUOTE]

this is the most important issue. Mallett, not Tebow must get as many reps in preseason as possible. the other issue is if Tebow does make the final roster, some one has to get cut. no one thought the Pats would keep 3 QB's, will they now?

[/QUOTE]

I hope they don't keep 3 QB's. Just can't see long term plans for Tebow.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

ESPN's Chris Mortensen confirms Tim Tebow will be a quarterback with the Patriots.

Per Mort, Tebow will enter Tuesday's minicamp as New England's third-string QB, behind Tim Brady and Ryan Mallett. Despite previous rumors otherwise, Tebow is not being tried at tight end, although it would be in Tebow's best interests to be open to playing any position. He's avoided trying tight end in the past. Obviously, Tebow is not going to be a major threat for playing time behind future Hall of Famer Brady and young, strong-armed backup Mallett. The Pats may be simply kicking the tires on the former Josh McDaniels draft pick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Relax....he's coming here to be the back up, the other # 15 ain't gonna be here..........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen confirms Tim Tebow will be a quarterback with the Patriots.

Per Mort, Tebow will enter Tuesday's minicamp as New England's third-string QB, behind Tim Brady and Ryan Mallett. Despite previous rumors otherwise, Tebow is not being tried at tight end, although it would be in Tebow's best interests to be open to playing any position. He's avoided trying tight end in the past. Obviously, Tebow is not going to be a major threat for playing time behind future Hall of Famer Brady and young, strong-armed backup Mallett. The Pats may be simply kicking the tires on the former Josh McDaniels draft pick.

This makes no sense unless BB is going to change his stripes.  TB takes every snap of every game, close or blowout until it is absolutely kneel down time.

I just can't imagine they use him at QB.  If so, he won't make the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Looks like ESPN is going to have to hire back all those people they laid off.  It's now back to 24/7/365 Tebow coverage.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Miracles happen. I agree with you.":

:) 

I disagree with both of you....

I think this is a total waste, a Belichick ego move to show he can outsmart the rest of the NFL and turn Tebow into a football player. To me this has nothing to do with winning a championship, it's like taking a bit of money from your retirement account and putting it into penny ante stocks because you're the smartest dude in the room. 

But hey, I'd love to be proven wrong and to see something come of this. I'm dreading the media circus and all the Christian over the topness which always comes along with Tebow. Not his fault but it's a major distraction given his limited talent. 

If I'm wrong I'll be very glad to be wrong but I hate this move. 

Also pretty soon we are going to get an insufferable "I told you so" post from Commie....

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

This makes no sense unless BB is going to change his stripes.  TB takes every snap of every game, close or blowout until it is absolutely kneel down time.

I just can't imagine they use him at QB.  If so, he won't make the team.

Exactly, I hope you're right.... lol.  Honestly the guy is a beast with the ball in his hands.  Hopefully he doesn't mind playing a H-back role - if he makes the team.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

OH NO YOU JABRONIS.. YOU WONT B ALLOWED TO get on the bandwagon so easily. there was ONLY one person starting threads from  2 years ago and definitely all of last year and this off-season that it was only a matter of time between the tebow walked thru those doors. if it was so obvious, y did the Commy get so ridiculed, teased and mocked like Jesus? .. now that the resurrection is here, u all knew it all the time too.. ye of little factual or preemptive faith! tROFLLLLL!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

i am really speechless....wow. i guess McD has alot of pull.

wow, I guess you know very little about this game.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

First of all I said I would be shocked if the Pats picked up Tebow. And I am shocked.

Second, I still believe that while he was a great college player he is no ones QB in the NFL. The LEAST accurate passer in a league that requires passing accuracy. ANd that doesn't even speak to his long delivery time. Can he improve? Why not. But I would not bet on it. A flyer, OK, but I wouldn't bet.

Third, he will NOT take plays away from TB. If you think he will you are crazy. Will he take time away from Mallett. I seriously seriously doubt it.

So forth: if he cant be a second string QB why is he here? I guess they want to see what he can play... what he can do ... and Tebow must have agreed to play positions other than QB.

Fifth: He could end up being an emergency QB (not Edleman in spite of one theory found on this site).

Sixth: Emergency QB is likely not enough to make the team unless he shows he has sme real NFL level talent worth trying to develop long term. I suspect what happens is they try him at some other positions and if he can make the team's 53 man roster based on other roles fine. Then an ability to be an emergency QB has some value... not a lot but some. BUt he makes the team or does not based on some work at other positions.

I suspect he will be cut. I will still be surpirsed if he makes the team. But he gets a fair shot like everyone else.... I hope he shows something special. I just do not expect it.