well.. a lot of us called it.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: well.. a lot of us called it.

maybe it's just for jets intel. He will be gone during cuts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

He's going to play QB, period. He's been losing weight to be a better QB, not adding weight as he would need to do to play TE. It's conceivable he is on the field with Brady in some gadget role, but they didn't sign him to play another position.

He will have to make the team, and he will if they think he can play QB in the NFL at an acceptable level. If he doesn't improve as a QB over what we've seen of him, he won't make the team.

It's really no different than signing any other FA, it's a low risk gamble. No downside really. There will not be a media circus, because BB simply will not allow there to be.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It's not that surprising, really. Josh spent a 1st rd pick on him in Denver and Bill has always had a liking for him. The media circus won't be able to penetrate the Patriots locker room so Belichick won't allow it to be a distraction. It's up to Tebow now to earn his place.

I like the move as I think Tebow is a winner but I also think it will be tough for him to make the team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to BunkerSpreckels' comment:

I guarantee you that Mallet will now be traded for a mid first round pick.  He's better than any QB in this years draft.

[/QUOTE]

Don't know what Mallet will get in trade, but no NFL team will trade a mid first round pick for Mallett. That said, if Tebow works out as a backup and there is no circus, the Pats might indeed profit with a trade of Mallett.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

maybe it's just for jets intel. He will be gone during cuts.

Do we really need it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

Ed Werder, reporting that TT will be used as QB in wildcat.
    Earth to Woody, Mike and Rex!!..............
    Two bad QB's, DO NOT equal a good one!

Not sure what BB has in mind although my gut is he won't be on the 53 man roster. One thing is for sure nobody knows what BB's intent is for Tebow except BB. Seems like Werder and Freeman are just throwing sh*t against the wall to see if any sticks.

The Patriots will have Tebow study with the team's tight ends, according to CBSSports.com's Mike Freeman. "Tebow won't exclusively study TE. But he's also not just going to study QB," Freeman tweeted.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-england-patriots-tim-tebow-contract-061013

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Tebow got a raw dealin Denver, as did McDaniels.  Then the Jets got taken for a ride by Elway before misusing Tebow in that circus.  BB will find the right role for him.

Miracles happen. I agree with you.

Not a miracle at all

You just agreed with PhatRex

That happens all the time around here, doesnt it?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

I hope he doesn't steal any reps from Mallett

Earth to Woody, Mike and Rex!!..............
    Two bad QB's, DO NOT equal a good one!

I guarantee you that Mallet will now be traded for a mid first round pick.  He's better than any QB in this years draft.

Is there such a thing as a mid-first round at this point of the year? If he does get traded, it will be for a first-rounder period. Some of the bottom-dwellers last season may surprise. 

That would be a bold move if BB keeps TT. One one hand there will be a flood of decent QBs coming out next year. Assuming TB has two or three more years in the tank, picking up a succesor next year will give them enough time to transition. On the other hand, it's hard for me to see BB keeping TT when some decent talent becomes available after rosters get trimmed to 53.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Someone needs to sign himself out immediately and find out what the mods did to his account

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

He's going to play QB, period. He's been losing weight to be a better QB, not adding weight as he would need to do to play TE. It's conceivable he is on the field with Brady in some gadget role, but they didn't sign him to play another position.

He will have to make the team, and he will if they think he can play QB in the NFL at an acceptable level. If he doesn't improve as a QB over what we've seen of him, he won't make the team.

It's really no different than signing any other FA, it's a low risk gamble. No downside really. There will not be a media circus, because BB simply will not allow there to be.

I expect that you will be proven right

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

One of the biggest downsides of signing Tebow is the influx of "Pink Helmet" Tebow fans

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

First of all I said I would be shocked if the Pats picked up Tebow. And I am shocked.

Second, I still believe that while he was a great college player he is no ones QB in the NFL. The LEAST accurate passer in a league that requires passing accuracy. ANd that doesn't even speak to his long delivery time. Can he improve? Why not. But I would not bet on it. A flyer, OK, but I wouldn't bet.

Third, he will NOT take plays away from TB. If you think he will you are crazy. Will he take time away from Mallett. I seriously seriously doubt it.

So forth: if he cant be a second string QB why is he here? I guess they want to see what he can play... what he can do ... and Tebow must have agreed to play positions other than QB.

Fifth: He could end up being an emergency QB (not Edleman in spite of one theory found on this site).

Sixth: Emergency QB is likely not enough to make the team unless he shows he has sme real NFL level talent worth trying to develop long term. I suspect what happens is they try him at some other positions and if he can make the team's 53 man roster based on other roles fine. Then an ability to be an emergency QB has some value... not a lot but some. BUt he makes the team or does not based on some work at other positions.

I suspect he will be cut. I will still be surpirsed if he makes the team. But he gets a fair shot like everyone else.... I hope he shows something special. I just do not expect it.

If he makes the team, it is because he beats out Mallett.
    This could be very telling

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Sigh really? I mean really? Where is he going to play. It certainly isn't at QB. H couldn't even beat out Sanchez. He won't surpass Mallett and imo we can pull a kid off the street to give similar production.

He won't be a RB. He's to slow and goes down fairly easily.

He won't be a TE, Does anyone honestly believe he's better than Gronk, Hern, Hou, Sudfeld, Fells?

He's to big and slow to be a WR

He's never played D before.

Well at least he's got experiece as a personal protector?

This smells of a favor or BB feeling bad for saying the kid can't play (which he can't)

Now we have to hear about how smart BB is for not spending picks on a JAG player that no one wanted to the point where the Pats got him for a ham sandwhich with no pickle. Please make his stay short because he's a waste of a 90man spot yet alone a 53man

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Sigh really? I mean really? Where is he going to play. It certainly isn't at QB. H couldn't even beat out Sanchez. He won't surpass Mallett and imo we can pull a kid off the street to give similar production.

He won't be a RB. He's to slow and goes down fairly easily.

He won't be a TE, Does anyone honestly believe he's better than Gronk, Hern, Hou, Sudfeld, Fells?

He's to big and slow to be a WR

He's never played D before.

Well at least he's got experiece as a personal protector?

This smells of a favor or BB feeling bad for saying the kid can't play (which he can't)

Now we have to hear about how smart BB is for not spending picks on a JAG player that no one wanted to the point where the Pats got him for a ham sandwhich with no pickle. Please make his stay short because he's a waste of a 90man spot yet alone a 53man

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

okay i figured it out. BB has decided that he will keep Tebow for the entire year and through the playoffs so that for SB prep against SF he can have a viable scout player to emulate Kaepernick... well for the run option anyway.

Sections
Shortcuts