well.. a lot of us called it.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: well.. a lot of us called it.

I will only say it once Tim Tebow will make this team as a QB unless he's injured.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to digger0862's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:

[QUOTE]Maybe a favor to Meyer, but BB doesn't have feelings like the rest of us so it's not that.  More likely he wanted to stick it to the writer who said he hated him.

You might be on to something there!

[/QUOTE]

On this theory BB doesn't really hate TT (I never thought he did) but brings him into camp to stick it to a writer?   Really?  And this helps TT how, exactly?   You don't hate him but you use him for some kind of vendetta?   Not buying it.

[/QUOTE]

Your mistake is thinking BB cares about what's best for Tebow or about his feelings or any of that. He cares about what's best for his team, period. If he can do a favor for Meyer, that helps the Pats in the long run. The HC of OSU is a valuable contact, good guy to keep happy.

The stuff about the writer, that was tongue in cheek...although...

[/QUOTE]

No, I know BB is all about what is best for the team.   I don't see the favor for Meyer thing either.  If he was still at Florida maybe it makes sense but now he's at another school.   The only thing I can see is it's to light a fire under Mallett. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

imo we can pull a kid off the street to give similar production.

Really? Kids off the street can beat the Steelers in the playoffs and pretty much match Luck for stats? Who knew?

[/QUOTE]

so tell me Babe, how many starts did he have with the Jets? You must feel then Sanchez is a great QB if he managed to keep Tebow from overtaking him. Maybe the Colts should trade for Sanchez cause Luck is a bum  lol.

BTW, how many QB needy teams didn't even make a play for him at all?

[/QUOTE]

Are you really going to hold up the jets as a standard to judge by?

And if you're going to stand by that dubious standard, then you must think Belichick an imbecile for getting him.

[/QUOTE]

he's a camp body, no more an imbecile than signing any other JAG that will get cut. I will call him an imbecile though if Tebow makes the 53man squad as a personal protector and main backup

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

I don't get all the negativity about Tebow. He is strong, he is fast, has great hands, is a great athlete, and has a great work ethic. OK, he is not an accurate or mechanically-correct pass-throwing quarter-back. So what. We have the free world's greatest pass-throwing QB leading the team. Why would this not add more versatility to our offense, and make it that much harder to defend? The rest is just white noise.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to expertmike's comment:

Tebow is proven to not have the talent to play in the NFL

Foolishness. He has put up comparable numbers to Luck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to expertmike's comment:

Another white boy to be showcased in racist Boston.

Tebow is proven to not have the talent to play in the NFL, yet he gets the slot/chance that some other hard working athlete might deserve.  Why?  BB's unending p*ing contest with the Jets?  What effect does this kind of non-objective decision making have on the rest of the team?

you mean like Ocho or Haynesworth? Oh wait they're black... you must mean like Rohan Davey. Ohh he's black too..... err proving that Bostons racist is hard. Seriously you are the only racist thing here

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

imo we can pull a kid off the street to give similar production.

Really? Kids off the street can beat the Steelers in the playoffs and pretty much match Luck for stats? Who knew?

[/QUOTE]

so tell me Babe, how many starts did he have with the Jets? You must feel then Sanchez is a great QB if he managed to keep Tebow from overtaking him. Maybe the Colts should trade for Sanchez cause Luck is a bum  lol.

BTW, how many QB needy teams didn't even make a play for him at all?

[/QUOTE]

Are you really going to hold up the jets as a standard to judge by?

And if you're going to stand by that dubious standard, then you must think Belichick an imbecile for getting him.

[/QUOTE]

he's a camp body, no more an imbecile than signing any other JAG that will get cut. I will call him an imbecile though if Tebow makes the 53man squad as a personal protector and main backup

[/QUOTE]

BB is going to open this can of worms for "a camp body"? If so, then he might just be an imbecile.

Anybody who really knows this game knows Tebow is not just some throw away - too much talent and intangibles. Basically, he's Flutie with some baggage.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

I don't get all the negativity about Tebow. He is strong, he is fast, has great hands, is a great athlete, and has a great work ethic. OK, he is not an accurate or mechanically-correct pass-throwing quarter-back. So what. We have the free world's greatest pass-throwing QB leading the team. Why would this not add more versatility to our offense, and make it that much harder to defend? The rest is just white noise.

Where do you suggest he play? He runs a 4.7 not exactly fast for a WR or RB. Last year with the Jets he showed he can't run and gets taken down easily unless he QBing a broken play (which might actually be better than him trying to throw it). The Jets tried to use him as a personal protector and teams targeted him on punt players, so he can't block. The Jets tried to train him as a TE last preseason and his hands were bad enough they kept him at QB. Sanchez is more accurate, Sanchez! Where is he going to play and which player would you like him to replace?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

BB is going to open this can of worms for "a camp body"? If so, then he might just be an imbecile.

Anybody who really knows this game knows Tebow is not just some throw away - too much talent and intangibles. Basically, he's Flutie with some baggage.

That's why the Bronco's were pushing hard to get rid of him with a QB old then Brady. And, the Jets who don't have any QB dumped him and picked up a half dozen others for camp competition. And, that in a very weak QB draft every QB needy team (including the one team who could use him just to sell tix Jax) didn't want him. BTW Flutie could actually hit the side of a barn. Actually Flutie had a mid 50's completion % during a time where WR's could be mugged on the field. Please don't compare Tebow to Flutie. That's a major insult to Flutie

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think they brought him in to do the kneel downs at the end of the game.  Wouldn't that ruffle feathers if he " tebowed" the last 3 plays of a game.   

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Can I ask a question? Who is the last Bronco's QB to WIN a playoff game? All things being equal, TT is a better QB than PM.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Sanchez is more accurate, Sanchez!

You consider the guy who takes far better care of the ball the less accurate of the two?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

think of the possibilities if they use tebow as a holder on field goal kicks. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

That's why the Bronco's were pushing hard to get rid of him with a QB old then Brady. And, the Jets who don't have any QB dumped him and picked up a half dozen others for camp competition. And, that in a very weak QB draft every QB needy team (including the one team who could use him just to sell tix Jax) didn't want him. BTW Flutie could actually hit the side of a barn. Actually Flutie had a mid 50's completion % during a time where WR's could be mugged on the field. Please don't compare Tebow to Flutie. That's a major insult to Flutie

[/QUOTE]

You are actually going to defend Elway's hatchet job on this guy. NO decent football guy would have ever thrown their QB under the bus in public like that clown did. Yeah, Elway threw the big bucks Fetus Head's way, and went one and out. At least TT beat the Steelers.

Again, the jets are D Y S F U N C T I O N A L. Don't use them to prove anything. We all know Rexy was beyond anal in defending his terrible draft pick Sancheezy.

Like I said, BB doesn't drink the NFL crapola and doesn't ascribe to their negative hype. He judges Tebow on what he did on the field, not the NFL drama queens.

And Flutie was considered a joke in NFL circles when he arrived. And he was pretty terrible in the years before he made his mark in Canada. Look at his early numbers compared to TT.

You can spin all you like, but the spin just doesn't stack up when the facts are considered.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Said this elsewhere as well. 

For the life of me I don't see the downside of this signing. BB's taking a flyer on a quality individual who has some football talent - clearly not an NFL QB but a football player. The Pats will know soon enough if they can do something with him.

For crying out loud, guys - don't open a vein over this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

All of the negativity is senseless he's a QB. At this time he's a third string QB on a team whose QB position isn't in doubt. This could be all about 2017! Only the Patriots and Tim Tebow really know what his signing means,but from a distance it looks like Bill Belichick doing due dilligence. I'll give you a perspective unlike the knucklehead who claims that Bill doesn't like Tim, um I've seen him take time to personally direct Tim at Gainesville while he was playing @ UF, and BB was always down in the swamp during the spring. So the thing about Tim is he's a leader of men. He isn't some shrinking violet who can't play QB, he simply needed the right landing spot and he finally has it in New England. He'll have plenty of time to learn the language and the playbook,and I don't think he's going to be what everyone here is calling a camp body! The camp body was cut in favor of this talented young leader. I know another thing about this situation Bill Belichick doesn't care who he cuts his job is to collect talented football players and form them into a coheasive unit capable of winning football games in large volumes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You are actually going to defend Elway's hatchet job on this guy. NO decent football guy would have ever thrown their QB under the bus in public like that clown did. Yeah, Elway threw the big bucks Fetus Head's way, and went one and out. At least TT beat the Steelers.

Again, the jets are D Y S F U N C T I O N A L. Don't use them to prove anything. We all know Rexy was beyond anal in defending his terrible draft pick Sancheezy.

Like I said, BB doesn't drink the NFL crapola and doesn't ascribe to their negative hype. He judges Tebow on what he did on the field, not the NFL drama queens.

And Flutie was considered a joke in NFL circles when he arrived. And he was pretty terrible in the years before he made his mark in Canada. Look at his early numbers compared to TT.

You can spin all you like, but the spin just doesn't stack up when the facts are considered.

If he did he wouldn't be on the team. Tebow put up some horrible numbers, horrible. Don't compare him to Luck btw. In the only season Tebow was a start he was -10% lower completion wise compared to Luck with only half the attempts in 5 less games. The only thing Tebow had better than Luck per attempt is int's, which no wonder because he just never threw the ball. Really Babe, I'd never thought you take Rusty's side on anything but Tebow just isn't a good QB in the least sense. BTW another QB with similar stats to Tebow, JaMarcus Russell

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

All of the negativity is senseless he's a QB. At this time he's a third string QB on a team whose QB position isn't in doubt. This could be all about 2017! Only the Patriots and Tim Tebow really know what his signing means,but from a distance it looks like Bill Belichick doing due dilligence. I'll give you a perspective unlike the knucklehead who claims that Bill doesn't like Tim, um I've seen him take time to personally direct Tim at Gainesville while he was playing @ UF, and BB was always down in the swamp during the spring. So the thing about Tim is he's a leader of men. He isn't some shrinking violet who can't play QB, he simply needed the right landing spot and he finally has it in New England. He'll have plenty of time to learn the language and the playbook,and I don't think he's going to be what everyone here is calling a camp body! The camp body was cut in favor of this talented young leader. I know another thing about this situation Bill Belichick doesn't care who he cuts his job is to collect talented football players and form them into a coheasive unit capable of winning football games in large volumes.

If this is true why did it take until the day before camp before BB signed him?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

If this is true why did it take until the day before camp before BB signed him?

Ah... because BB decided to pull the trigger the day before camp? Because it took that long for Tebow to decide to come to New England where he would NOT have even a slight chance to be the starter? Because the financial negotiations tooks this long? Because BB thought " I'm gonna blow up PatsEng's head by signing Tebow on the day before camp?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Ah... because BB decided to pull the trigger the day before camp? Because it took that long for Tebow to decide to come to New England where he would NOT have even a slight chance to be the starter? Because the financial negotiations tooks this long? Because BB thought " I'm gonna blow up PatsEng's head by signing Tebow on the day before camp?

He's the lowest paid player on the team, I don't think negotiations took that long. He didn't want to play as a backup for the CFL, for some reason I don't think for some reason not having a shot at a starting position didn't bother Tebow. For some reason I doubt BB cares what I think. In reality BB brought him in because the UDFA QB he brought in for a look stunk and he just wanted a 3rd camp body. Tebow is very athletic and he figured to take a shot to see if he could do anything else. Odds of him taking over for Brady after 2017? I mean really?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I don't know PatsEng, I think BB knows who you are. Just kidding, I'm sure Tebow knows he won't be starting as long as Tom Brady is here and we have no clue as to Tebows needs financially so yeah, there could have been some dickering there. It could have been as you say, the UDFA was lousy.

I still think BB values winners and Tebow is a winner. And who knows, with time and training Tebow may end up learning how to be a really good NFL QB.  He already has a better playoff record than Peyton Manning.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike ReissMike Reiss @MikeReiss 2m

Patriots officially announce signing of Tim Tebow.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

/grabs popcorn

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Adam SchefterAdam Schefter @AdamSchefter 6m

Tim Tebow signed a two-year contract with the Patriots that included no guaranteed money.