Well, It's Denver (Game Plan Talk)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Well, It's Denver (Game Plan Talk)

If it ain't broke don't fix it!! The Patriots new found power running game on the strength of a 250 lb RB, mixed in with 3 other guys is hard to defend. Each guy has a different style, and use. Yeah if pressed TB12 can just revert to his high volume ball throwing, but why wear him out before the big game if at all? Blount has been unstoppable and his running mates have been equally as fun to watch, the Patriots will still mix in enough passes to keep Denver honest so there's no reason to change the present game plan. Run,Run, Run until Tom Brady takes the Super Bowl away....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

The game plan is to block and run and pass and catch and keep the ball safe and tackle and take the ball away from them... that is the game plan.

Seriously, yes you want to be able to run it early and often but that requires us to block very well - and to mix it up so they can't just flood the box to stop the run and smother Julian and Danny.

Block, block, block and play action and make plays. BB will put deeper thuoght into it all but I think in the end it boils down to can we be a reincarnation of the Corey Dillon Pats?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

Can you explain how Gronk is playing this weekend and how a shootout w/Gronk makes sense?

Here is your direct quote about the upcoming game:

"A shootout without Gronk will not end well for the Pats."

Think about it long enough and you may figure it out, but I doubt it. Go upstairs and ask your parents. They can probably help you.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I really hope we can capitalize on play action as much as we did with the Colts. After dessimating them with the run game them breaking them up over the top, that's when Blount was able to finally get that giant hole to run through. It's that type of back breaking run in the 2nd half that can put the opposing team down. 

Also as a note, if we are going to use Vellano on 3rd and 1 can we please use him at least once or twice earlier in the game to get him going(it's like the Colts new exactly what we were doing with him out there) or also bring Blount in for the play to cause true confusion or hell not over think things and just run Blount.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Good thread, I agree with the general views that we match up well with Denver. For me, there are some reasons to feel confident, but also a few areas of concern.

Reasons for optimism:

BB. The best coach in the game. He will have the team ready for Sunday, and I don't think we'll see stupid mistakes and penalties like the Chargers commited yesterday. It was a killer for them.

Brady. The best QB in the game, and by far a superior postseason to Gomer. Has had great succes against Denver for the last 3-4 games against them.

Blount/RBs. The power running game that we have seen for the last 4 games or so has been great. Puts the fear in the D, takes off pressure from Brady - and more importantly -takes pressure off the receivers.

Secondary. Is the healthiest we have seen in a while, and is a strength at this point. Matches up as well as can be expected vs. Gomer. Make no mistake, depending on number of possesions in the game, Gomer is gonna put up  points, but they are able to get some stops/turnovers.

And then there are some areas of concern.

Manning. Give him to much time (both thinking on the field and in the pocket) and it's bad news.

Playing away. Broncos are - as I recall - 7-1 this season at home, while all the losses for the good guys came away.

Refs. I don't buy into Godell conspiracies, but it is a well known fact that refs - in most sports, not just NFL, are influenced by home field. I don't know if it's the crowd getting into their heads or what, but the Pats need to play a clean game.

And then I don't think they can afford the luxury of having multiple series end in 3-and-out. Need to put points on the board in every quarter. We cannot count on another great comeback, we need to be ahead or within a TD going into the last quarter.

In a close game, I see the Patriots prevaling. I would prefer a somewhat lowscoring game, and think it will be for 3 quarters, and then things explode in the 4th. Patriots 38 Broncos 31.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

Good thread, I agree with the general views that we match up well with Denver. For me, there are some reasons to feel confident, but also a few areas of concern.

Reasons for optimism:

BB. The best coach in the game. He will have the team ready for Sunday, and I don't think we'll see stupid mistakes and penalties like the Chargers commited yesterday. It was a killer for them.

Brady. The best QB in the game, and by far a superior postseason to Gomer. Has had great succes against Denver for the last 3-4 games against them.

Blount/RBs. The power running game that we have seen for the last 4 games or so has been great. Puts the fear in the D, takes off pressure from Brady - and more importantly -takes pressure off the receivers.

Secondary. Is the healthiest we have seen in a while, and is a strength at this point. Matches up as well as can be expected vs. Gomer. Make no mistake, depending on number of possesions in the game, Gomer is gonna put up  points, but they are able to get some stops/turnovers.

And then there are some areas of concern.

Manning. Give him to much time (both thinking on the field and in the pocket) and it's bad news.

Playing away. Broncos are - as I recall - 7-1 this season at home, while all the losses for the good guys came away.

Refs. I don't buy into Godell conspiracies, but it is a well known fact that refs - in most sports, not just NFL, are influenced by home field. I don't know if it's the crowd getting into their heads or what, but the Pats need to play a clean game.

And then I don't think they can afford the luxury of having multiple series end in 3-and-out. Need to put points on the board in every quarter. We cannot count on another great comeback, we need to be ahead or within a TD going into the last quarter.

In a close game, I see the Patriots prevaling. I would prefer a somewhat lowscoring game, and think it will be for 3 quarters, and then things explode in the 4th. Patriots 38 Broncos 31.

If the Pats get the turnovers they will win but I have a feeling the Broncos will play much better next week then they did today on offense. As bad as the Chargers played at times they only allowed 24 points and yet I can't remember any Broncos punts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

If the Pats get the turnovers they will win but I have a feeling the Broncos will play much better next week then they did today on offense. As bad as the Chargers played at times they only allowed 24 points and yet I can't remember any Broncos punts.

Other than points on the board, turnovers have the greatest correlation to winning. Yes, win the turnover-battle, and things look good.

I think it was partly their gameplan against the Chargers. The Broncos had some really nice drives that ate up a lot of clock. And as long as it works, it works. But I think both our guys and the Broncos have the ability to put up points in a hurry. I could envision a game where one team has been in control for most of the game, but with momentum in the balance at the start of the 4th, one team will feel forced to unleash their QB, and if succesfull the other team will have to follow.

This game could be legen - wait for it - dary!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

What does a "shootout with Gronk" even mean?

He said a shootout without Gronk

All he meant was that, without Gronk, the Pats are not likely to win a shootout, so they should avoid getting into one. 

Please Rusty, learn to read . . . you'll save us all a bunch of time.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

My concern is our 3rd DOWN DEFENSE. We have not been stout in this area (26th in the league?) and the Broncs have a high (46%, 2nd in the league) conversion rate on 3rd down. Almost 80% of their conversions have been through the pass. 

How we play 3rd down depends on our field position and distance from the marker but this is an area where a strong pass rush on PM comes in handy. Do we have the personnel to get Manning off the field on 3rd down? 

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

since duplicating threads is bad I'm re-upping this one...

what does everyone think is the better to put on Welker? Ryan or Arrington...

I'm hesitant on Arrington after his last month of health issues and not very good play.. but Ryan is a rook in a big game and Arrington did practice against WW forever, so he knows Wes' ins and outs of what he does..

I say start with Arrington on him and if his struggles continue, move to Ryan

Overall I think BB will find a way to shut dwon that BS pick play Denver runs..  I say, why switch... just have Talib jump the flat andd have Ryan take Thomas and have McCourty over top..

just some thoughts

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Arrington dominated welkie pre concussion.  I do not see welkie being a factor.  They have  the book on him.

Starting to think talib on julius most of the time.  I trust ryan on demarius.  I really do.  Dennard on decker.  I think once they contain a bit in man, contain the run, they can start setting gomie up a bit in well timed zones.  Spy with collins on moreno on screens and checkdowns. They love using those.

Yeah, I also think Welker wont be a factor again. He just seems too outta it... I just hope someone rings his bell just cuz..

I dont know if i can trust Ryan on D. Thomas... Just don't know... Seems like too much for him.. I easily trust Dennard on Decker. Dennard is playing like a beast, you can feel it.

Talib on Julius would be interesting

•  

• Sections
    Shortcuts