Well said Don Banks!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from damansidhu. Show damansidhu's posts

Well said Don Banks!

From his article today on si
    =======================

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: Well said Don Banks!

Yeah it looks the the Patriots of the 2000's!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"But the decade isn't over yet.
    That's only NINE years.  A decade is ten
    ."

...omg here we go again.  2000-2001/2001-2002/2002-2003/2003-2004/2004-2005/2005-2006/2006-2007/2007-2008/2008-2009/2009-2010...Even IF you don't do the 1999-2000 season and instead did it How The Indy Fans prayed it would be-as I showed above with 2009-2010), That's 10 NFL Seasons...And now I gotta hear about the '10-'11 season being included in the first decade?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Yeah, the "church". Never wrong, that "church".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"2010 ends the decade.  The calender started with year 1, not year zero.  Got a problem with it, debate the church."

Good argument...trully, The sport of football should go by your rendition of the judeo-christian church calender instead of the actual NFL Seasons in play (or perhaps they can just "guestimate" decades revolving around the i ching and chinese new year).  I still count with my 10 fingers because of public grade school teaching (hope they at least got that right)...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Laz - I prefer the French Revolutionary Calendar.  I think today is Serpette of Pluvios in Decadi 20.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Laz - I prefer the French Revolutionary Calendar.  I think today is Serpette of Pluvios in Decadi 20."

~lmao, 'cause that's good stuff...but someone can still divide it by 7 with Pi (7, because seven's lucky and so is Indy's horseshoe...so it makes sense overall), and then weigh it with a bag of spinach on a grocery scale (spinach, since Popeye's strong and so are NFL players), So that a decade comes out nice and neat at the end, with 17 years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

patsfan; do you actually believe anyone cares about your nagging pedantic lectures every time someone mentions the word "decade"?   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

So the year 2000 was still in the decade of the 1990's?  That's a joke.  The 2000's decade is officially OVER.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

so 1990 was the last year of the "80's"?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

~lmao, 'cause that's good stuff...but someone can still divide it by 7 with Pi (7, because seven's lucky and so is Indy's horseshoe...so it makes sense overall), and then weigh it with a bag of spinach on a grocery scale (spinach, since Popeye's strong and so are NFL players), So that a decade comes out nice and neat at the end, with 17 years.

A decade of 17...That broke my Latin...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from damansidhu. Show damansidhu's posts

^^ well said MVP.. hope we can get the Pats team back in shape for the next season and beat the Colts when they visit Foxboro.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

They will begin worshipping at the Manning altar by next September.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

all i know is that everyone celebrated the new year 2000 like it was the end of one century (or millenium) and the start of another. you can be as technical as you want about when the church calendar started, but for all practical arguments, the decade started when 1999 ended.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Did anybody read MMQ?  King basically acknowledged that he blew the call to claim Manning the QB of the decade.

If you remember the column in which King picked Manning, he had Brady as a very near second.  I guess it is safe to infer that King now believes Brady was the best, but does not have the stones to just put the words out there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stay-Pro. Show Stay-Pro's posts

Stop already.

The Pats are still the team of the decade - the most recently past decade and the one to come.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NewLaw. Show NewLaw's posts

Did anybody read MMQ?  King basically acknowledged that he blew the call to claim Manning the QB of the decade. 

If you remember the column in which King picked Manning, he had Brady as a very near second.  I guess it is safe to infer that King now believes Brady was the best, but does not have the stones to just put the words out there.

I read that also and thought the same thing, its because its cool to love the Colts and praise Manning and its also cool to put down the Patriots, in the media. In the end who would you rather have as you QB, 3 rings(2 of them backtoback) with 2 SB Mvp or the other guy?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"all i know is that everyone celebrated the new year 2000 like it was the end of one century (or millenium) and the start of another. you can be as technical as you want about when the church calendar started, but for all practical arguments, the decade started when 1999 ended."

Quite being ridiculous seattlepat, we're not talking what football or what the rest of the world does, we're talkin' about working off of a single individual's elliptically rhetorical argument based on 1 religion's arbitrary interpretation of time...Sheez, If every single person on the planet suddenly called what now looks like a Duck, a "Turkey"...I ask then, "Would that duck in fact, grammatically forever onwards BE a real 'Turkey'?"  The obvious answer is, "No...the duck is now a chicken."   ALSO, "IF fish can swim, and ducks can swim...ARE fish, really ducks?"  And we ALL know that, "Of course they are."  Both are solid illustrations of what's known as sound DeDucktive Reasoning. 
    ~Man...what time is it? 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonbam. Show jonbam's posts

Actually, a decade is any 10 year period.  From 1987 to 1996 is a decade.  If you want to call a period of time the 'decade of the 90s' that would be from 1990 through 1999 where the first three digits of the year are identical.  Therefore, the following decade (decade of the 00s?) would be from 2000 through 2009

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

90's & 80's etc are slang terms.

Patsfan is correct.

Where were you in year 0?

That is right. There is no year zero. 

And the millennium celebration was 2000-2001 not 1999-2000.

For being exact, the decade hasn't ended yet.