Well, Well, Well

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Well, Well, Well

Here we all are.

Loyal, longtime Pats fans who can see the big picture, embarrassed irrationals and trolls alike.

Don't the irrationals and trolls look dumb?   Yes, yes, they do.  Too bad they can't eat crow.

I'll be around until it's acknolwedged that my predictions are coming along very nicely.

Too bad there aren't more appreciative fans here.   Fans from other teams cannot figure out why some Pats fans aren't enjoying these rides. 

I can't either.

Don't be surprised if NE wins at SD, home against Minny and then runs it all over Indy at home.

Then, it's Pitt, a team who has NEVER matched up well against NE unless Matt Cassel was playing.

Funny how BB's drafts looke superb the last 2 years and every media troll and fan troll are flat out wrong, in fear of the inevitable:  Another SB or SBs here in NE in the next 5 years.

Worst nightmare for trolls, embittered irrationals who play Maddden video games and have 5 fantasy leagues they play in, yet can't see the big picture.

The rest of us will sit back andn enjoy the genius that is Belichick.

Anyone still concerned about zone coverage?  Gee, I am not.  Maybe it's because they got reps in and are learning as a group?  Didn't Bruschi just point this out yesterday?

Funny, I pointed it out a month ago.

How is Carlos Dunlap doing in Cincy?  What about Jerry Hughes in Indy?  Is Joe McKnight really better than Danny Woodhead?

Was that 7th rd pick Brandon Deaderick starting at LDE on Sunday?   Was that Dane Fletcher, an undrafted rookie out of Div II, shutting down All Pro Ray Rice?

Is NEs D actually better than the Jets?  Hmmm. Jets Pass D is ranked 27th.  They just allowed the worst running team in the NFL to go over 100 yards.

I am sure insecure types will jump in here and make fools out of themselves, failing to ackowledge my predictions are pretty much spot on, but that's to be expected.

For all the normal, rational Pats fans:  Enjoy the ride. We are witnessing something pretty special yet again.

PS  Logie Mankins has played his last down in a Pats uni.  Don't expect BB to even activate him for games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Well, Well, Well

Hey gang, look . . .

Rusty's back!

How fortunate for us all.

Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I'll just watch the irrationals make fools of themselves and then periodically check in to follow up by my statements.  That'll work.

Pretty funny how my consistent statements actually appear to be very accurate, isn't it P-MIke?

How many times was I attacked here for going against the grain of embittered irrationals?

I should be saying "how lucky for normal Pats fans to have to deal with irrationals and spoiled babies".

Going to the game on Halloween, Mikey?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

oh joyous day!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Those Jets looked great against Denver the other day!  Wow!  I can see why Rex Ryan thinks his team is the bestest!

Yay!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

O'Brien is pretty good, right Russ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: Well, Well, Well:
    [QUOTE]Hey gang, look . . . Rusty's back! How fortunate for us all.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]...yeah, he's like a cockroach. I love his quote "Funny, I pointed it out a month ago." Hey Rusty, what name were you under at that time because I don't see any point made by BBReigns a month ago? How many different names have you been between then and now...3? 4? You just can't seem to stay on here. What's the problem??? Maybe it's because you're an obnoxious little twerp who thinks he's better than EVERYONE else? I haven't reported you because you're the funniest poster on this board and you never disappoint. One post with your condescending/insulting tripe and it's instantly known that the man (boy?) who plays daily with his TB blow-up doll is back on board. Welcome back!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Rusty, you are never going away are you? 

I'm sure your reply will be that I am one of those irrational Pats fans that you speak of blah, blah, blah. 

While, the only thing you and I have truly disagreed on is whether Darius Butler stinks or not...   I think I won that argument!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I wouldn't give up on Butler.  Not yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't give up on Butler.  Not yet.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Ok, well I hope you are right and you can prove me wrong some day..  I'm not holding my breath though... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well, Well, Well : ...yeah, he's like a cockroach. I love his quote " Funny, I pointed it out a month ago." Hey Rusty, what name were you under at that time because I don't see any point made by BBReigns a month ago? How many different names have you been between then and now...3? 4? You just can't seem to stay on here. What's the problem??? Maybe it's because you're an obnoxious little twerp who thinks he's better than EVERYONE else? I haven't reported you because you're the funniest poster on this board and you never disappoint. One post with your condescending/insulting tripe and it's instantly known that the man (boy?) who plays daily with his TB blow-up doll is back on board. Welcome back!!
    Posted by RipFace[/QUOTE]

Did you see Rexie call the Jets "the best" team in the NFL? 

Just who has a blow up doll here?

You buy into that idiot, and I buy into a HOF coach, the best in the league, with a track record. 

Then, many shortsighted Pats fans follow you around because they need the security of the name on the jersey.

See the difference? You wonder why I talk down to you, dumbo?  It's easy to do it.

You're dumb.  You're a Jets fan posting on a Pats board like a complete tool.

This is your life here.  Enjoy!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well, Well, Well : Ok, well I hope you are right and you can prove me wrong some day..  I'm not holding my breath though... 
    Posted by deluxbury[/QUOTE]

It's a complex D. Some players get it quick, others need to hone their game a little.

Benching him might be the best move his career.

I have patience, many of you want instantaneous results from every human on the team.

How great was Samuel out of the gate?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]O'Brien is pretty good, right Russ?
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Not sure why this is directed at me.  He's improving, but that 2nd and 2 3rd and 2 spread aafter an 8 yard run on 1st down drove me nuts.

There is at least 5 plays per game where I still shake my head. He loves the spread.

I say, use it within drives as a mix, but don't just use it when you just ran all over them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well, Well, Well : It's a complex D. Some players get it quick, others need to hone their game a little. Benching him might be the best move his career. I have patience, many of you want instantaneous results from every human on the team. How great was Samuel out of the gate?

This is where you start to get on my nerves...  I understand the complexeties of this defense..   I played many years of football myself and have been a passionate Patriots fan for many many years now...  I get it.

Samuel showed me more promise than Butler did right away.  Samuel got better ever week, month, and year..  Butler has not improved one bit from the day he was drafted.  Butler understands the defense just fine..  Unfortunately, he simply isn't a very good football player at this level.. He's soft physically and he has very little football instinct. 

He is fine for depth purposes this year, but i wouldn't be surprised if the Pats ship him out next year and move on... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Butler played quite a bit last year and did pretty good. He battles, is in good position and needs to improve ball skills.  He has the talent. YOu can see it.

He just lacks experience and had a bad start this year. He failed to seal the starting role this year, but he may be learning more by taking a step back for now. 

Calm down.

I get on your neves, because the 3-4 scheme involves more than just playing simple man coverage?

Maybe you get on my nerves for discussing things that reflect a 12 year old's way of discussing?

Just calm down.  Not everyone is going to agree with you and you need to stop scanning for flaws all the time.

Arrington has been a nice surprise even though he has some flaws right now.

Butler isn't going anywhere:

1. Passing league.
    2. BB likes experienced DBs.
    3. He's very cheap.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I can see why the trolls would take issue with Russ/Rusty, etc., because he's relentless and an unabashed Pats apologist.  Gives as good as he gets.  But what's with the Pats fans?  I might disagree with him from time to time, but I like his spirit and his thoughts are well articulated and generally defensible.  So why the antagonism?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]Butler played quite a bit last year and did pretty good. He battles, is in good position and needs to improve ball skills.  He has the talent. YOu can see it. He just lacks experience and had a bad start this year. He failed to seal the starting role this year, but he may be learning more by taking a step back for now.  Calm down. I get on your neves, because the 3-4 scheme involves more than just playing simple man coverage? Maybe you get on my nerves for discussing things that reflect a 12 year old's way of discussing? Just calm down.  Not everyone is going to agree with you and you need to stop scanning for flaws all the time. Arrington has been a nice surprise even though he has some flaws right now. Butler isn't going anywhere: 1. Passing league. 2. BB likes experienced DBs. 3. He's very cheap.

Rusty, as usual, we're gonna have to agree to disagree. 

First, he's never in position to make a play because he's always out of position!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Rusty - gloat about the record, not the defense.  The defense is nothing like your defense of old.  23+ pts per game given up does not remind me of your superbowl winning days.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]I can see why the trolls would take issue with Russ/Rusty, etc., because he's relentless and an unabashed Pats apologist.  Gives as good as he gets.  But what's with the Pats fans?  I might disagree with him from time to time, but I like his spirit and his thoughts are well articulated and generally defensible.  So why the antagonism?
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

They're intimidated.

Not all, but some.   When I disagree, say why, and challenge their opinion, they lash out.

I get why trolls do it, but when Pats fans do it, they come across insecure.

This all goes back to SB 42. Some simply are not over it yet and need someone to blame.

Instead of disagreeing, they attack and call me a Kool Aid drinker, homer or "apologist".

I am as critical as any fan you'll see, but i always use caution in analyzing and also use the NFL context.

When I see teams that are nowhere near NE, I have a hard time complaining just to complain.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Nobody needs to play lights out defense in today's NFL. If there was any time in the NFL's history to play a bend-but-don't-break defense, it's NOW.

Look no further than last year's Super Bowl participants. You know, the one where Peyton threw a pick-6 to ice the game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Rusty - gloat about the record, not the defense.  The defense is nothing like your defense of old.  23+ pts per game given up does not remind me of your superbowl winning days.  
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

NY Jets D just allowed the worst rushing offense over 100 yards of rushing.

Their pass D is 27th ranked.

WHy does Balt and NY's or Pitt's D get all the attention, when NE is playing well in terms of holding teams down and even holding them to FGs?

Pitt has played Atlanta, whom they barely beat in Week 1, McCoy and Cleveland, lost to Balt, etc.

I am not buying it.  NE is clearly one of the better teams right now in a league where no team is a clear "best" team.

Mark my words:

Each side of the ball will be IMPROVED by December.  The question is, how healthy will they be?

And if Mesko gets consistent, this is the best STs group in the NFL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well, Well, Well : NY Jets D just allowed the worst rushing offense over 100 yards of rushing. Their pass D is 27th ranked. WHy does Balt and NY's or Pitt's D get all the attention, when NE is playing well in terms of holding teams down and even holding them to FGs? Pitt has played Atlanta, whom they barely beat in Week 1, McCoy and Cleveland, lost to Balt, etc. I am not buying it.  NE is clearly one of the better teams right now in a league where no team is a clear "best" team. Mark my words: Each side of the ball will be IMPROVED by December.  The question is, how healthy will they be? And if Mesko gets consistent, this is the best STs group in the NFL.
    I don't think anyone said they weren't.  They've only lost one game.  That is worthy.  But be careful gloating on your defense.  They've got holes. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am not gloating. I see progression and improvement from the flaws they had before, and it's only October.

It blows away Indy's feeble D. I'll say that.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Man o man this forum would be a lot more enjoyable not to mention interesting if we could check the personal disputes at the door.

Who cares who said what, when?  I thought the forum was supposed to be about the Pats, the NFL, plays and players - not gloating and pi$$ing contests.