Were Giants the better team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaib. Show kaib's posts

Re: Were Giants the better team?

In Response to Re: Were Giants the better team?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Were Giants the better team? : I freely engage in football talk with anyone who has a serious point to make. But your idiotic homer drivel is unworthy of my efforts. If you don't have the intelligence or the stones to admit you won a close game you're hopelessly delusional. Put me on ignore, cretin.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I give one chance to even a clown like you to make a reasonable arguement before I put them on ignore list.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Were Giants the better team? :  I give one chance to even a clown like you to make a reasonable arguement before I put them on ignore list.
    Posted by kaib[/QUOTE]

If you could manage to post something that wasn't idiotic you might get a detailed response rather than just having your idiocy pointed out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]Giants were not only better team but were very unlucky  to be in close game which Pats had no business to have a chance to win in the end. Some clowns here saying wow it was close game and All Tom needed was Walker to catch that ball. The same thing can be said about giants if Mario catches the ball in fourth with both feet in as he was supposed to do in drive before Walker's drop Giants would have scored TD then. The phantom holding call on Wilfork which he also agreed was wrong call was a disgrace.The giants would have scored in that drive too.There would be no 96 yard drive to end the half and Giants would be leading 16-3. The Pats were lucky that calls went against Giants and Mario had braincramp.This should have been easy win for Giants.They dominated Pats in all phases thru out the game and better team won in the end.
    Posted by kaib[/QUOTE]

The giants didn't dominate in any facet of the game other than their punter and TOP.. Lol , did you even watch the game? You didn't think it was close? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

If they were the better team, they would have led thoughout and won a clear victory.  They played well, had some luck, and won.  We played well in spots, had some bad luck, and lost.  Who is better?  Well, the series is at 0-2, so you MUST give the Giants the nod.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Giants were not only better team but were very unlucky  to be in close game which Pats had no business to have a chance to win in the end. Some clowns here saying wow it was close game and All Tom needed was Walker to catch that ball. The same thing can be said about giants if Mario catches the ball in fourth with both feet in as he was supposed to do in drive before Walker's drop Giants would have scored TD then. The phantom holding call on Wilfork which he also agreed was wrong call was a disgrace.The giants would have scored in that drive too.There would be no 96 yard drive to end the half and Giants would be leading 16-3. The Pats were lucky that calls went against Giants and Mario had braincramp.This should have been easy win for Giants.They dominated Pats in all phases thru out the game and better team won in the end.
    Posted by kaib[/QUOTE]

Even extremely stupid people are shaking their head at what you wrote here. Get your finger out of your nose, it is obviously compressing a blood vessel that supplies your brain.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Time of Possession and field position were obviously important. I don't buy any excuse that "if" Gronk was 100% the Pats win. Belichick knew exactly what he could get from Gronk and anyone else going into this game. If Gronk is playing at 30% I am sure Belichick knows what he can and can't do with him on the field.  The point is moot.

The Giants defense and offense showed up in the 4th quarter and the Pats' did not. That's pretty much why the Giants won.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In the end, they won... better team or not.  It is in the history books and there is no asterisk like this by their name as SB champs  " * - not the better team "

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Perhaps going in the Patriots were the better team, but coming out of it the Giants were. The Super Bowl awards the trophy to the best team that day.  That was clearly the Giants.  The better team made the plays.  Made fewer mistakes.  Scored more points. If, and, and but all you want, that's the way it is.
    Posted by chuchos[/QUOTE]
    I'll admit that I'm a Giants' fan and it all came down to who made and who didn't make the plays at the most critical moments in that game. Barring the fact that not 1 but 3 fumbles fortuitously bounced the Gs way is a definite indicator that either lady luck or the football gods were looking down on the Gmen that day. Honestly, I felt bad for Welk's difficult catch, but I think that there's a reason for things like this to happen. If the Pats get there next season, he may atone himself with the winning catch (hero) to this year's miss (goat).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Well, they were in the Super Bowl, since they won. 

However, my take is that S.B. is mostly hype.  Were the two teams who played in that game the best in the NFL in 2011?  It is arguable on a whole bunch of levels but they were the two teams who played the last football game of the season.  The Giants won the last game of the season and frankly that is their claim to fame for the 2011 season, they won the last game.  At the end of that game their record, for the season and the play-offs was worse than the PATS. So, if your record says what you are????.  You pick 'em....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

I think the Giants are better,. because they played with more confidence. The reason the Pats choked could have been that they didn't feel they deserved it. Confidence helps you to make the play. Doubt makes you drop the pass.
    Visualization is key in sports psychology.When you're shooting a basketball and think, I hope it doesn't hit the right side of the rim and bounce out, that's exactly what will happen. Once, when asked, Larry Bird said, "I always think it's going in".

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizne. Show lizne's posts

I'm not a long time fan, only have become interested this last year. So take my opinion for what it's worth.  I did watch every game of the season and my thoughts as the SuperBowl ended, was that if the team I watched play all season, were playing at the same level in the SuperBowl, they had an excellent chance of beating the Giants.  I did not think the Giants played an amazing game either. I had the feeling that the Patriots lost the game having trouble with their own performance for whatever reasons, and not that the Giants won the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaib. Show kaib's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Were Giants the better team? : The giants didn't dominate in any facet of the game other than their punter and TOP.. Lol , did you even watch the game? You didn't think it was close? 
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

Pats had six miserable plays in first quarter and one was safety. after that they were held for field goal.

Giants were stopped at their own 48 then Pats went 3 and out.The next possession  Giants were stopped due to phantom holding call on Wilfork which even he admitted it was a wrong call go and watch Sound FX from NFL.

If wrong flag was not thrown Pats would never had a chance to get the ball to drive  98 yards to score before half to take the lead and Giants would be leading 16-3  or 12-3 at half.

some people are talking about if Walker had caught the ball or all other ifs and how unlucky pats were, in reality they were lucky that game was so close. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Were Giants the better team? : Pats had six miserable plays in first quarter and one was safety. after that they were held for field goal. Giants were stopped at their own 48 then Pats went 3 and out.The next possession  Giants were stopped due to phantom holding call on Wilfork which even he admitted it was a wrong call go and watch Sound FX from NFL. If wrong flag was not thrown Pats would never had a chance to get the ball to drive  98 yards to score before half to take the lead and Giants would be leading 16-3  or 12-3 at half. some people are talking about if Walker had caught the ball or all other ifs and how unlucky pats were, in reality they were lucky that game was so close. 
    Posted by kaib[/QUOTE]

Holding call? That is a hold right there after I saw couple replays.  Wolfolk was holding 90% of the times anyway until he finally got the call in the 2nd quarter. For your infomation, holdings have been not called for most of the game.  Quit talking about whether there is a penalty or not cuz we all do not see them.  All we saw how the game was played between two teams.  

Dont tell me that the Patriots should be penalized more than the Giants.  Giants was gifted for getting the safety call!!!  If that was Eli throwing the same spot, he would not get the call.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaib. Show kaib's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Were Giants the better team? : Holding call? That is a hold right there after I saw couple replays.  Wolfolk was holding 90% of the times anyway until he finally got the call in the 2nd quarter. For your infomation, holdings have been not called for most of the game.  Quit talking about whether there is a penalty or not cuz we all do not see them.  All we saw how the game was played between two teams.   Dont tell me that the Patriots should be penalized more than the Giants.  Giants was gifted for getting the safety call!!!  If that was Eli throwing the same spot, he would not get the call.  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]
    Vince Wilfork to official Carl Paganelli, when Paganelli asked Wilfork whether he was held by the Giants' Kevin Boothe: “That was a bad call

what else you need.

go and check yourself first if you don think if that was not safety.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Were Giants the better team? : Holding call? That is a hold right there after I saw couple replays.  Wolfolk was holding 90% of the times anyway until he finally got the call in the 2nd quarter. For your infomation, holdings have been not called for most of the game.  Quit talking about whether there is a penalty or not cuz we all do not see them.  All we saw how the game was played between two teams.   Dont tell me that the Patriots should be penalized more than the Giants.  Giants was gifted for getting the safety call!!!  If that was Eli throwing the same spot, he would not get the call.  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Why do people think the safety was a bad call. Did you see Brady or Belichick complain at all. They knew as soon as he threw it that it was a bad play.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Were Giants the better team? : Why do people think the safety was a bad call. Did you see Brady or Belichick complain at all. They knew as soon as he threw it that it was a bad play.
    Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]

Because that's what some fans who are not happy with the outcome do.

Coaches and players tend to be more objective.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Were the Giants the better team?  Coming into and the through the playoffs...absolutely they were.  They played great, tough, smart football towards the home stretch.  One slip up, or shred of bad luck, and they were done.  They were way more consistent down the stretch than the Pats and they ran a really tough road to glory.  You can't convince me otherwise...no ifs or buts in that argument.  They made their own luck and capitalized on every opportunity - however small it might have been.

Were they better than the Pats all year long?  I don't think so, but in the end, it doesn't matter.

Sections
Shortcuts