Were Giants the better team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Were Giants the better team?

In Response to Re: Were Giants the better team?:
    In Response to Were Giants the better team? : and if the queen had b***s she'd be king. yeah jints were/are better
    Posted by JintsFan

Unfortunatly for you....

* not if Gronk was healthy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

they scored more so by simple logic they were better last sunday

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

The better team does not give away a safety, the better team catches the important balls, the better team does not get flagged on 3rd down.

YES THE WERE THE BETTER TEAM... EASY

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Were Giants the better team? : i dont understand this...in november with a healthy gronkowski pats scored 20 pts which still wouldnt have gotten it done...hell, pats had 3 pts at the end of the 3rd qtr...what makes u think pats suddenly score big with gronk? dont see it babe
    Posted by JintsFan

Hernandez was just back from a knee injury and wearing a heavy brace,
    He was not 100%
    You did not have both their TEs healthy for either game.
    No excuse, just fact.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

As Parcells used to say, it's not the best team that wins, it's whoever is playing better. . The Giants played better, period. I think they are probably the better team in terms of talent also. Not saying the Pats can't or won't eventually beat them (tough to argue the Pats are the better team with 3 straight defeats), sometimes you have to tip your cap to the other team. Pats need better talent in the defensive secondary, at least one good pass rusher, a vertical threat at WR who can play in this offense, and the stones to give a running back like Ridley the chance to step up and make opposing D's respect the Pats run game. Let's see what Bill the GM does in the offseason.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I
    n Response to Re: Were Giants the better team?:
    In Response to Re: Were Giants the better team? : hernandez looked fine to me...i dont think a knee brace on ur number two TE accounts for ur lowest point total of the season...sounds like an excuse and giants were without nicks and bradshaw so what did u get?
    Posted by JintsFan

week 9 injury report:  Also lost Chung and Spikes during the game

NE
    Dane FletcherLBThumbDid Not Participate In PracticeOut
    Josh BarrettSThumbLimited Participation in PracticeQuestionable
    Shaun EllisDERibLimited Participation in PracticeQuestionable
    Kevin FaulkRBKneeLimited Participation in PracticeQuestionable
    BenJarvus Green-EllisRBToeLimited Participation in PracticeQuestionable
    Albert HaynesworthDTBackLimited Participation in PracticeQuestionable
    Aaron HernandezTEKneeLimited Participation in PracticeQuestionable
    Jerod MayoLBKneeLimited Participation in PracticeQuestionable
    Sebastian VollmerTBackLimited Participation in PracticeQuestionable
    Wes WelkerWRNeckLimited Participation in PracticeQuestionable
    Donald ThomasGNot Injury RelatedDid Not Participate In PracticeProbable

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The thing about the Super Bowl is you can be dominated at the line of scrimmage and still pull out a win. In both the Super Bowls we lost to the Giants, they dominated the line (and time of possession), but we had a chance to steal wins in both games. We played well enough to steal them, so I give the Pats credit for that. 

In both cases, the Giants made a key clutch pass/reception and we did not. 

So yes, they are the better team - but, not by much, which is why we had a shot to pull it out both times. They have beaten us three times in a row in games that mattered. Recall that if we had beat the Giants in the regular season they would not have come back to haunt us in the playoffs as they would have been out. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The thing about the Super Bowl is you can be dominated at the line of scrimmage and still pull out a win. In both the Super Bowls we lost to the Giants, they dominated the line (and time of possession), but we had a chance to steal wins in both games. We played well enough to steal them, so I give the Pats credit for that.  In both cases, the Giants made a key clutch pass/reception and we did not.  So yes, they are the better team - but, not by much, which is why we had a shot to pull it out both times. They have beaten us three times in a row in games that mattered. Recall that if we had beat the Giants in the regular season they would not have come back to haunt us in the playoffs as they would have been out. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Pretty accurate. Kudos.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Better team? They beat you two times one on a neutral site and the other on your homefield when they had tons of injuries. Face it Eli owns the pats and brady just come to terms with it and you will all be happier.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from g-boogie. Show g-boogie's posts

In Response to Re: Were Giants the better team? : Pretty accurate. Kudos.
    Posted by nhsteven

One of the smartest posts today.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

The excuted better and made fewer mistakes. Their offense gained more yards and scored more points. I would say that made them the better team on Sunday.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Were Giants the better team? : i dont understand this...in november with a healthy gronkowski pats scored 20 pts which still wouldnt have gotten it done...hell, pats had 3 pts at the end of the 3rd qtr...what makes u think pats suddenly score big with gronk? dont see it babe
    Posted by JintsFan

That game has zero to do with this game. Tons of things had changed.

If you're trying to tell me Brady's greatest weapon wasn't worth 4 points in the SB  I'm not buying that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The Pats were not the better team. With a healthy Gronk they were though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

Eli is a better QB and the Giants are World Champions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Were Giants the better team? : and if the queen had b***s she'd be king. yeah jints were/are better
    Posted by JintsFan

Back again..... I'll bet you have to squat to P. Classless New Yorker. Do something for your country and expire soon.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

They were better for the first quarter and the last 4 minutes.  Unfortunately that was enough.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaib. Show kaib's posts

Giants were not only better team but were very unlucky  to be in close game which Pats had no business to have a chance to win in the end.

Some clowns here saying wow it was close game and All Tom needed was Walker to catch that ball.

The same thing can be said about giants if Mario catches the ball in fourth with both feet in as he was supposed to do in drive before Walker's drop Giants would have scored TD then.

The phantom holding call on Wilfork which he also agreed was wrong call was a disgrace.The giants would have scored in that drive too.There would be no 96 yard drive to end the half and Giants would be leading 16-3.

The Pats were lucky that calls went against Giants and Mario had braincramp.This should have been easy win for Giants.They dominated Pats in all phases thru out the game and better team won in the end.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Dont think Giants were more a balanced team than the Patriots.  Patriots may have better QB, TE's, Defense Tackles, LB's and coaching than the Giants. Giants may have better receivers, defense front, secondary and running backs than the Patriots.   Both team were just a two different teams. 

Reason Giants won was they made lesser mistakes than the Patriots.  Three fumbles have bounced around, and all went toward to the Giants way.  Had the Patriots recovered the fumble twice, the game would be easily be over in the third quarter.  Had the referees didnt call safety, the Patriots defense would be tired out during the late 4th quarter.  I can go on and on.  

So therefore the Giants won cuz the got all the lucky bounces that went toward their ways!!  Just like basketball game, two evenly teams playing against each other, and a team that missed fewer basket while other teams made couple baskets, and the result was that that team won the game due they made two more baskets than the other team!!  It is all about luck!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Giants were a very good team by my numbers, and by the numbers they weren't that far from equal to the Patriots. 

They had a bunch of their good players back and on the field for the playoff run.  They were missing key cogs during the regular season.

Tom Coughlin and staff are consistently good strategists.  They dealt with their horrid left tackle, Diehl, by double-teaming and chip-blocking with a 265 pound fullback.  It did the job.  They also recovered from Brady's 16 straight completions (an NFL record) by shutting down the Patriots offense to zero points over the last quarter and a half.

The Giants also won because they caught their share of breaks.  Neither of the Giants' two fumbles became a turnover, and there were some interception near-misses too.  In football, it helps to be both lucky and good.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Giants were not only better team but were very unlucky  to be in close game which Pats had no business to have a chance to win in the end. Some clowns here saying wow it was close game and All Tom needed was Walker to catch that ball. The same thing can be said about giants if Mario catches the ball in fourth with both feet in as he was supposed to do in drive before Walker's drop Giants would have scored TD then. The phantom holding call on Wilfork which he also agreed was wrong call was a disgrace.The giants would have scored in that drive too.There would be no 96 yard drive to end the half and Giants would be leading 16-3. The Pats were lucky that calls went against Giants and Mario had braincramp.This should have been easy win for Giants.They dominated Pats in all phases thru out the game and better team won in the end.
    Posted by kaib

Are you as annoyingly stupid in your da da land as you are here in reality land?

Now you're last minute squeaker win was a route but for the woulda shoulda coulda. You're an ignorant delusional clown.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaib. Show kaib's posts

In Response to Re: Were Giants the better team? : Are you as annoyingly stupid in your da da land as you are here in reality land? Now you're last minute squeaker win was a route but for the woulda shoulda coulda. You're an ignorant delusional clown.
    Posted by BabeParilli

If you have something to substantiate your argument come and talk to me or stay away from my comment you ignorant clown.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Were Giants the better team? : If you have something to substantiate your argument come and talk to me or stay away from my comment you ignorant clown.
    Posted by kaib

I freely engage in football talk with anyone who has a serious point to make. But your idiotic homer drivel is unworthy of my efforts. If you don't have the intelligence or the stones to admit you won a close game you're hopelessly delusional. Put me on ignore, cretin.

Sections
Shortcuts