We're no diffrerent than any other team....Period!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

We're no diffrerent than any other team....Period!

I don't want to hear anything more about the mythical "Patriot Way". It no longer exists and I hate to say it but I'm not really sure if it ever did.

Part of me has this sickening sense that we as fans were sold this bill of sanctimonious goods as if our beloved team was somehow "different" or operated under some special code of ethics that seperated us from the rest of the NFL "trash". Bunch of bull sh*t I say!

The Patriots operate under the same so called code of ethics as every other team in the NFL does and just because we have the "genius" coach and Tom Terrific we put ourselves above every other team in the league.

Face it, we're no different..and maybe in some respects, worse!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: We're no diffrerent than any other team....Period!

In response to smorgan86's comment:

I don't want to hear anything more about the mythical "Patriot Way". It no longer exists and I hate to say it but I'm not really sure if it ever did.

Part of me has this sickening sense that we as fans were sold this bill of sanctimonious goods as if our beloved team was somehow "different" or operated under some special code of ethics that seperated us from the rest of the NFL "trash". Bunch of bull sh*t I say!

The Patriots operate under the same so called code of ethics as every other team in the NFL does and just because we have the "genius" coach and Tom Terrific we put ourselves above every other team in the league.

I outed you as a troll a few years back, which is no surprise. This however is a pathetic attempt, even by your low standards.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Maybe you should have posted your opinion in this thread about the Patriot way where there is already a discussion of this going on..

www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/patriot-way-setting-the-record-straight/100/6712626

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I outed you as a troll a few years back, which is no surprise. This however is a pathetic attempt, even by your low standards.

yeah, I should have known not to post anything again here. Not a troll by any sense. Been a fan for 35 years. Just figured some on this forum would have the maturity to see the truth about our beloved Pats. Relax koolaide drinkers!

Again, Pats play by the same rules and code of ethics as all other teams in the NFL, which is to say NO ETHICS

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Because Bob gave him the gun, and Bill drove the car, right?

The Pats gave a man a chance, released him when he proved himself unworthy of the opportunity he had been given. I think they should be commended for their willingness to give people a chance to put their pasts behind them and start again. It doesn't always work out, and when it doesn't, they cut ties. As it should be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Whoever said they (not "we" unless you really are Stanley Morgan) are different from any other team in the way they operate or that they have a different code of ethics than any other team? If you have proof of that, please point it out.

I for one have never considered them to be different, just better managed than most. It's all about Ws as far as I'm concerned, however you get there.  That's why they get noticed and why anybody cares about how they operate, why people write books about them. Clearly they are better run than most other franchises, that's not something that can be denied unless you're a fool or a hater.  

Some other teams are well run also, the ones that are in contention year after year for the most part. And some lag behind. If you think everybody is equal then you're not paying attention.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Although I (somewhat) agree with the whole "Patriot Way" being kind of a myth...almost like the RedSox sell out record...it is what it is.

Bottom line is that they are a very well run organization that took a chance on a kid actually growing out of his bad past, it it back-fired. It sucks, but it's time to move on.

There isn't one single person that was bad mouthing AH in the last 3 years before all this went down....NOBODY saw this coming...period!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Nonsense. To say one team does not have a different culture than the mext is as bad as saying one company does not have a different culture than the next. Pure rubbish.

Obviously the Pats cutting AH at some loss to themselves is proof that they have a level of adherance to the so called "Patriot Way".

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Maybe you should have posted your opinion in this thread about the Patriot way where there is already a discussion of this going on..

www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/patriot-way-setting-the-record-straight/100/6712626

I don't know if it's just me but that Patriot Way thread doesn't seem to be working. I can open it but when I navigate to page 2 it just opens a blank page with the header and some ads, but no posts.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Nonsense. To say one team does not have a different culture than the mext is as bad as saying one company does not have a different culture than the next. Pure rubbish.

Obviously the Pats cutting AH at some loss to themselves is proof that they have a level of adherance to the so called "Patriot Way".

It's hard to imagine any team hanging on to Hernandez in the face of the charges against him. This guy is pretty much pure evil (allegedly).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I don't know if it's just me but that Patriot Way thread doesn't seem to be working. I can open it but when I navigate to page 2 it just opens a blank page with the header and some ads, but no posts.

This site does that to me a lot. Just refresh and it should work. Eventually.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

This site does that to me a lot. Just refresh and it should work. Eventually.

I've tried that. Normally that works but not with that particular thread for some reason.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

All I can say is if little Jonathan Kraft goes on the radio before games this year and talks about our high standards, or how things are different here, or how players are held accountable and held to a higher standard...I'm gowing to throw up in my mouth. I remember when we traded for Talib, Jonathan said Talib sat in front of his dad and had a heart to heart discussion about the "Patriot Way" and what his behavior was to look like while a member of this higher standard organization. I don't want to hear anymore of that crap...from that guy. Period.

I don't really blame Belichick, Kraft, the security team, etc...but I don't want to hear that pompous, lecturing, entitled, little child on the radio again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Does anyone else see the similairities of the 'Patriot Way' mantra to that of 'Camelot' in the early 1960's. 

Both, to a certain degree are real to the beholder, but as time goes by, are shown to be flawed as well.

To overcome disillusionment is never easy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well.... the only two people I know in the league who were directly connected to murder was Lewis and Hernandez and Balt didn't release Lewis when arrested while the Pats released Hern immediately so they are different than at least 1 team  :p

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Well.... the only two people I know in the league who were directly connected to murder was Lewis and Hernandez and Balt didn't release Lewis when arrested while the Pats released Hern immediately so they are different than at least 1 team  :p

[QUOTE]

Carruth was a member of the Panthers when he was arrested. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Except for the fact that we win double digit games every year.  I think that makes us different.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

Carruth was a member of the Panthers when he was arrested. 

This is from Wikipedia: Carruth went to the police and posted a $3 million bail, on condition that if either Cherica or Chancellor died, he would turn himself in.[6] After Cherica died, he fled and became a fugitive. The Panthers released him a few days later, citing a morals clause in his contract.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

All I can say is if little Jonathan Kraft goes on the radio before games this year and talks about our high standards, or how things are different here, or how players are held accountable and held to a higher standard...I'm gowing to throw up in my mouth. I remember when we traded for Talib, Jonathan said Talib sat in front of his dad and had a heart to heart discussion about the "Patriot Way" and what his behavior was to look like while a member of this higher standard organization. I don't want to hear anymore of that crap...from that guy. Period.

I don't really blame Belichick, Kraft, the security team, etc...but I don't want to hear that pompous, lecturing, entitled, little child on the radio again.

Dude, seriously, if you really love the Jets or some other team that much, please move on. Really.  There is no way you were a fan in the 1980s or 1990s. No way.

By the way, was this before or after, your two buddies, the cackling hyenas Felger and Mazz, each of whom sound like two 12 year old girls babbling incessantly at the mall, cut off Kraft ranting and raving about how well the Jets were being run in October of 2011?

Who do you think you are?

A team like the Jets or Baltimore or any other of these arrogant organizations who think they are above the NFL guidelines, would have KEPT Hernandez.  

We didn't.  

So, you're wrong in your assessment. They've taken on Moss, Dillon and yes, now, Talib. They know the score.   But, stop acting like scrapes with the law is in the same vein as a shocking murder (or maybe more).

It's so disgusting for fans like you to have supposedly lived through the Kiam/Lisa Olson years at 2-14 every year and then to sit there like a little girl and be whining about what kind of an environment NE's leadership looks for.  They go by what they see.   If they didn't allow any questionable younger NFL player a shot with them, they'd be eliminating probably 40% of the pool of talent.

How dumb would that be?  99% of the people they bring in are good, quality people.  FACT.

What in the blue hell are you talking about? First off, a guy who bashes the best thing that has happened to this franchise daily is a troll of massive proportions...that's you. Me not enjoying listening to little Jonathan before games brag about how the standards here are different - like he is the reason for us winning - is a totally different story.

Hey, do you still think Hernandez "was just acting like anyone would" when he refused to cooporate with authorities?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Dude, seriously, if you really love the Jets or some other team that much, please move on. Really.  There is no way you were a fan in the 1980s or 1990s. No way.

By the way, was this before or after, your two buddies, the cackling hyenas Felger and Mazz, each of whom sound like two 12 year old girls babbling incessantly at the mall, cut off Kraft ranting and raving about how well the Jets were being run in October of 2011?

Who do you think you are?

A team like the Jets or Baltimore or any other of these arrogant organizations who think they are above the NFL guidelines, would have KEPT Hernandez.  

We didn't.  

So, you're wrong in your assessment. They've taken on Moss, Dillon and yes, now, Talib. They know the score.   But, stop acting like scrapes with the law is in the same vein as a shocking murder (or maybe more).

It's so disgusting for fans like you to have supposedly lived through the Kiam/Lisa Olson years at 2-14 every year and then to sit there like a little girl and be whining about what kind of an environment NE's leadership looks for.  They go by what they see.   If they didn't allow any questionable younger NFL player a shot with them, they'd be eliminating probably 40% of the pool of talent.

How dumb would that be?  99% of the people they bring in are good, quality people.  FACT.

What in the blue hell are you talking about? First off, a guy who bashes the best thing that has happened to this franchise daily is a troll of massive proportions...that's you. Me not enjoying listening to little Jonathan before games brag about how the standards here are different - like he is the reason for us winning - is a total different story.

Hey, do you still think Hernandez "was just acting like anyone would" when he refused to cooporate with authorities?

Umm, I am pretty sure Tom Brady himself has been very disappointed with his postseson play since 2007.  He said he sucked after the 2011 AFC Title game, well, which he did. Not much has changed. He had a subpar SB with critical errors and just laid another egg in January.

Yeah, I would absolutely ask why the cops were ringing more doorbell and ask them to provide a warrant, innocent or guilty.  Otherwise, we'd have a police state here like the Soviet Union, so yeah.  I know my rights. Everyone should.

You're a troll for bashing the Krafts and BB, the ones who laid the foundation here for Brady to be able to have very good or great players so consistently all around him for so long.

Brady wasn't a star QB from 2001-2004, he just happened to play on the best run franchise in sports during that time. Since he became a "star" with the model wife, the millions and stats, he's become a worse QB, overall.

I accept that truth and reality, you don't.

Note how the top 100 NFL players has nothing to do with the postseason. Brady used to really care about how he played in the postseason, not just the regular season.  GOmer was the only one who cared about stats in the 2000s, now Brady seems to.

Not my fault this is what's happened with Brady, so you can stop acting like what we're all seeing isn't what's happening. It is.  Deal with it. Square it up, put your big girl panties on and deal with it. The only one who change Tom Brady and his play is Tom Brady.

You're a very disturbed and delusional person. I find it ridicolous that you can go off for three paragraphs at a time about a Hall of Fame quarterback when he usually isn't even about what is being talked about. I origanally started talking about the self entitled Jonathan Kraft...you know that guy that was born in a golden diaper. And you (per usual) have nothing more to add but how Brady has ruined the team.

As far as police knocking at your door...most people (if innocent) don't have a problem with this. What do you think police officers do? Plant evidence like we are living in 50's in Chicago? I think you watch too many movies...either that or you have some very scary skeletons in your closet (either that or a very disturbing Bill Belichick blow up doll).

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts