We're playing a desparate team next week

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

We're playing a desparate team next week

Atlanta will give us their best game to try and avoid going to 1-3.  It will be a tough test for us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: We're playing a desparate team next week

I agree. I live in Atlanta and will be at the game rooting on the Pats. I expect a tough test but win or lose, it'll be a critical building block for the young guys. I have no idea how the rookies will handle that environment but it's great going in with a positive week against Tampa.

I think the key will be to run, run, and run some more against Atlanta. Keep their offense off the field. If we keep Tony G out of the game, I like our chances. Plus, I see Vince, Kelly and C. Jones have a field day against that weak offensive line.

"The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming." --- Harvey Dent

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

I have a feeling we're gonna get some Gronk next week in ATL!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

I like our chances much more if Jackson is out next week and Gronkowski is back.  I don't think Amendola will be back and that will hurt.  Would feel much better if Boyce could take Amendola's place but I think that is wishful thinking.  Boyce I am afraid is a bust.

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Agreed Wazzu, we'll get the best Atlanta has, plus we'll be on the road.  I had this pegged as our first loss before the season began but I'm starting to think we can win it anyway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Hopefully GRONK is back and he D continues to build on its strong performances so far.  I think the Game is very winnable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Agreed Wazzu, we'll get the best Atlanta has, plus we'll be on the road.  I had this pegged as our first loss before the season began but I'm starting to think we can win it anyway.

Yeah, I think we can win too. It will be a good road test for us early, and I won't be hanging my head if we do lose, but if our defense plays well and the offense continues to improve we can certainly win. Lookin forward to this one!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Hopefully GRONK is back and he D continues to build on its strong performances so far.  I think the Game is very winnable.

I hate the idea of playing on turf though...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

I hate the idea of playing on turf though...

[/QUOTE]

I agree but I think the fast field will be an advantage for our Rooks at WR and the speed of our pass rushers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I believe the Falcons have some recievers out? And I agree with Wozzy the Turf in Atlanta is horrid--this may keep Gronk out one more week? I also had this as our first loss but know with the injuries to the Falcons and our Rookie Recievers with 3 games in I think the Pats can steal one here!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My all-numeric forecast has Atlanta as a 3.1 point overdog next week.  I expect a tough game.

That said, New England appears to be a team on the rise.  I don't believe that KT, Dobson, Boyce and Suds are all going to revert to their week 1 and week 2 form.  If anything, they'll all get a bit better in seven more days of practice.  If Gronk appears, so much the better for New England.  At some point Danny Amendola steps onto the field also. 

For week 3, I had Miami as winning a close game from Atlanta.  That's about what happened.  As such, I can't say definitively that Atlanta should have lost any of its power rating from their recent injuries.