We're The 2012 Ravens

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: We're The 2012 Ravens

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

Are you able to come forward and admit that it also goes for Brady and his INTs, though?

Why are you holding Ridley to a certain standard, but not Brady?

We've lost (almost lost) playoff games and SBs because of his bad decisions or INTs.

Of course it goes for INTs too.

Please, don't even try to compare Brady's taking care of the ball to Ridley's.

Ridley has been benched at least 3 times in his short career for coughing up the ball. Brady is legend for taking care of the pigskin.

You just cling to some Raven's games to slam Brady on the INTs. The fact is the Raven's D has matched up to our offense better than any other team for many many years.

Why BB has allowed so much throwing against that D baffles me. But I don't slam his coaching like you do so I leave it alone.

In last year's Ravens loss it was RIDLEY who coughed up the ball to completely turn the game around, not Brady. But you NEVER say one f'n word about that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

RIdley had a nice game last week and is better used scaled back like Faulk, so why is it "screw him"?

Did you say "screw Faulk" back in 2001?

What's so "nice" about 3.7 ypa?

I did say screw Faulk early in his career, when he was a fumbler, but only for running the ball. He didn't fumble much when receiving.

Because he helped wear down Colts front with Blount.  It doesn't matter what the final YPC statline is if the approach/result from the approach is effective.

You'd have to be daft to not see a double whammy in skill set of Blount/Ridley not being an effective 1-2 punch right now.

What else do you want?  You looked at statlines of Antowain Smith and Faulk back in 2001, 2003, etc?

If you did, you clearly cannot enjoy anything in life and are just a miserable, miserable human being.

What the hell is wrong with you?

You're giving me a hard time because I would prefer to have a guy like Bolden, who has zero fumbles and has averaged nearly 5 ypc, spell Blount instead of a guy who has been benched numerous times for ball security?

But I'm daft in your view because I don't want to find out the f'n hard way by losing a SB berth that Ridley isn't "cured". And you wonder why I call you an imbecile?

I was the one on here talking about Bolden over Ridley. That was me. Maybe you agreed with it, but Blount's improvements, health and emergence makes him that lead guy.

And I agreed on Bolden. And I was talking Blount for lead back after the first few games this year. Ridley already was on triple probation with me back then.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Clutch...that's what it is.  That's what has been missing in recent history.  This year, it looks like they've got it back.  We are seeing it from players in all three phases of the game.  Plays are getting made, when they absolutely need to be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

RIdley had a nice game last week and is better used scaled back like Faulk, so why is it "screw him"?

I did say screw Faulk early in his career, when he was a fumbler, but only for running the ball. He didn't fumble much when receiving.

Because he helped wear down Colts front with Blount.  It doesn't matter what the final YPC statline is if the approach/result from the approach is effective.

You'd have to be daft to not see a double whammy in skill set of Blount/Ridley not being an effective 1-2 punch right now.

What else do you want?  You looked at statlines of Antowain Smith and Faulk back in 2001, 2003, etc?

If you did, you clearly cannot enjoy anything in life and are just a miserable, miserable human being.

You're giving me a hard time because I would prefer to have a guy like Bolden, who has zero fumbles and has averaged nearly 5 ypc, spell Blount instead of a guy who has been benched numerous times for ball security?

But I'm daft in your view because I don't want to find out the f'n hard way by losing a SB berth that Ridley isn't "cured". And you wonder why I call you an imbecile?

I was always suggesting Ridley to be scaled back, he has and it's working. So, what is the problem?

I don't want to find out the hard way in the playoffs that it isn't working. I would shelve him barring emergencies and see early next season if he has become reliable. Meanwhile, Blount and Bolden would be my 1-2 punch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

Clutch...that's what it is.  That's what has been missing in recent history.  This year, it looks like they've got it back.  We are seeing it from players in all three phases of the game.  Plays are getting made, when they absolutely need to be.

gotta agree with dr. spock on this one.  clutch means better as well.  YOu have to be good to be clutch...  that also means in good condition, well coached , smart.   all that good stuff.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I was the one on here talking about Bolden over Ridley. That was me. Maybe you agreed with it, but Blount's improvements, health and emergence makes him that lead guy.

And I agreed on Bolden. And I was talking Blount for lead back after the first few games this year. Ridley already was on triple probation with me back then.

Fine, so we agreed there.  

Were you also in favor of Benny getting carries in SB 46 in the second half with a 17-12 or 17-15 lead knowing he never fumbled ever for us while here and is capable of icing games, moving the sticks and taking time off the clock as we try to add points?  

The Pats NEVER LOST A GAME with Benny as a lead back. Don't look now, but it's starting to appear that Blount is carrying that torch with what he can do.

Because I don't see to remember you being in agreement with me on that, Babe.

In fact, you and your buddies have fought tooth and nail against that concept for years in here because you wanted Brady to get the stats and the limelight to showcase his resume being superior than Gomie. Sad, but true. INstead, that desire has compromised SB wins and playoff games that were winnable, or Brady had to be bailed out.

Now that we are ONE game away from a clean Brady road game, no fumbles, a SB appearance, and now you're starting to backpedal?

There is no backpedal, liar. I never disagreed with the pass/run mix used by BB. Sometimes he has run a lot and I never said a word against it.

Yes, if it were me I would have run much more against the Raven's D. You just can't throw throw throw against that nasty D and not expect errors. You are way better off to try to wear them down with the run, then try passing after they soften up. But I don't make a career around here questioning BB's coaching like you do.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

gotta agree with dr. spock on this one.  clutch means better as well.  YOu have to be good to be clutch...  that also means in good condition, well coached , smart.   all that good stuff.

Actually, that's Mr. Spock.  Dr. Spock was that baby doctor back in the 60's/70's.  Otherwise, everything you said is right on the money! Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In responseeParilli's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Our greatest asset is that we have shown we are never out of a game. This team is scrappy and talented; probably the most like the 2001 team we have had.

And the donkeys have two of the biggest chokers in NFL history.

My biggest concern is officiating late in a close game. That's why we need to not let it be that close. No mistakes. Sit f'n Ridley.

I agree with everything, except the last part. That's just dumb.....unless he fumbles......then screw himYell

I've already seen enough to say screw him. So, your giving him one more chance and my saying he used them up already is smart vs dumb?

Rather a fine line between smart and dumb in your world TC.

Its pretty clear that BB values his contributions and that he is an effective back for us( kind of goes against you never doubting BB doesnt it?) But yes if he fumbles the ball away in his 2nd afc championship game in as many years then.....screw him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Good post, I agree

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I prefer to quote the unknown Jets fan who wistfully said:

"No Hernandez, No Gronkowski, No Welker, No Woodhead, No problem. Another Championship game appearance is coming."

The Pats have sacrificed, worked smart, improvised and "rebuilt on the fly". That what I'm proud of.  That what I aim to do in my own life.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

This from Bob Kraft today on ESPN New York 98.7 FM:

"“This team we have now reminds me of our ’01 team,” he said of the first Super Bowl championship club of his ownership tenure. “It wasn’t the biggest names or collection of stars. It was a team that had a certain mental toughness and truly played together as a team. … I think this year the sense of team and putting team first is at the highest level. We’ve learned it’s not the teams that has the best collection of talent, but it’s the teams that really come together, especially in December and January.”

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to GO47's comment:

This from Bob Kraft today on ESPN New York 98.7 FM:

"“This team we have now reminds me of our ’01 team,” he said of the first Super Bowl championship club of his ownership tenure. “It wasn’t the biggest names or collection of stars. It was a team that had a certain mental toughness and truly played together as a team. … I think this year the sense of team and putting team first is at the highest level. We’ve learned it’s not the teams that has the best collection of talent, but it’s the teams that really come together, especially in December and January.”

Kraft thinks as BB does that acquiring selfless team first players who can be coached, out weighs "talent" labeled players with big price tags. Probably the reason BB trades out of the 1st round whenever he gets the chance. Very forward thinking by these 2 succesful men. We are so lucky to have them as the Patriots leaders.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts