We're The 2012 Ravens

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: We're The 2012 Ravens

Giants got hot for the playoffs 2x.  Ravens got hot for the playoffs last season.  There was a lot to like from the Pats last game vs the Colts, I certainly see the Patriots looking like the hot team in the playoffs this season with the 49'ers a close second.

If the Pats can go into Denver and put a beating on the Broncos then the Seahawks/49'ers better be very afraid.

Can't wait for Sunday!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

We dont need your stinky threads to get us motivated. Wether or not we win will be based on who plays better. The comparison s*cks too. We are finally running the ball and Flacco was airing it out last year. Noone on our team is retiring and we arent even in the SB yet.....

This thread is a Fail!  Stop looking for attention here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Agree to a point. We didn't have to struggle to make the postseason. But we certainly are getting better and hotter as the season moves on and getting healthy (looking at the secondary) at the perfect time too. And we're the underdogs of the 4 left yet we have arguably the best QB/Coach tandem ever. 

Love the hate and disrespect, fuels the fire

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Our greatest asset is that we have shown we are never out of a game. This team is scrappy and talented; probably the most like the 2001 team we have had.

And the donkeys have two of the biggest chokers in NFL history.

My biggest concern is officiating late in a close game. That's why we need to not let it be that close. No mistakes. Sit f'n Ridley.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I would rather be compared to the ravens than the giants...  but really this team surpasses both comparisons.  The emerging players are what makes this team what it is right now.  Just look at the last  3 games.

Baltimore, Buffalo, INdy.  

And just list the players who have stood out.  Were any of these players even on the radar at the midpoint of the year....?

siliga, blount, ryan, dennard, edelman(OK 1),  collins, OL... (Cannon),  Hightower, Harmon, Brady (OK 2),  and the all important MCD (finally---although still not perfect) Who am I missing...?

These players signify a team on the rise which is similar to destiny and dangerous.  A bad performance could derail all that has been accomplished but it really isn't likely since it is a complete team which is responding bigtime to the coaching with confidence at the moment (providing Allen is OK).  Shocking to say that with all the A players missing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Our greatest asset is that we have shown we are never out of a game. This team is scrappy and talented; probably the most like the 2001 team we have had.

My biggest concern is officiating late in a close game. That's why we need to not let it be that close. No mistakes. Sit f'n Ridley.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything, except the last part. That's just dumb.....unless he fumbles......then screw himYell

This team is made up of high effort fighters, the kind of men who never give up. BB has done a phenomenal job of scouting and coaching these players. Win or lose on Sunday, this is a great football team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Rusty, good point but all in all if we best Buffalo (which seems to always happen) but we still make the playoffs. 

I get where you're coming from. Injuries have taken their toll and made it harder. 

Im just glad this offense found it's real identity and the defense is has healthy as it's been since like week 6-7

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The obvious is we're on the road for the title game like Baltimore was last year, but if you look at no Von Miller and no Chris Harris, that is similar to Jones not able to go for the Pats last year, and then Talib going down in the 1st qtr with the hamstring.

You lose your top pass rusher and top CB and that's pretty hard to deal with, as we saw. Our D held on as long as they could, but I just wonder how the Pats offense can exploit these two factors, both off the edges with the run and obviously in the air, getting to the playaction, opening up the field as the game goes.

Finally, Ray Ray's little retirement speech gave them a feeling of destiny and our team's gutty make up, last second wins, even being robbe of 2 wins on the road on the last play of the game knowing those games were taken from them at the end, has really made this team the most resilient left in the playoffs.

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

I look at this team and see a lot of the 2001 team vs the Ravens. Besides the team using the same systems I look at Gronk's injury being similar to Drew's which changed the offense game strategies meaning they went from be a passing offense to run first because they both have the big running back with very good line blocking.

The 2001 team lost a close game against the Rams when Smith fumbled on the 1 yard line. But it was that game that they knew they could compete with anyone and didn't lose another game. Two games later is when they lost Drew and had TB take over. They went slow with him at first depending more on the running game. Both teams had the change in pace running backs on 3rd downs, a FB, and good blocking TEs.

As we all know the 2013 team strategy changed when Gronk went down. It took a while but it was the Raven game that they discovered their identity which to me is similar to the Rams game back in 2001.

The big difference is the defenses. But I do think that having a healthy defensive back field is making a big difference and the development of Collins as well as Hightower is making this defense just good enough. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything, except the last part. That's just dumb.....unless he fumbles......then screw himYell

[/QUOTE]

I've already seen enough to say screw him. So, your giving him one more chance and my saying he used them up already is smart vs dumb?

Rather a fine line between smart and dumb in your world TC.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to GO47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The obvious is we're on the road for the title game like Baltimore was last year, but if you look at no Von Miller and no Chris Harris, that is similar to Jones not able to go for the Pats last year, and then Talib going down in the 1st qtr with the hamstring.

You lose your top pass rusher and top CB and that's pretty hard to deal with, as we saw. Our D held on as long as they could, but I just wonder how the Pats offense can exploit these two factors, both off the edges with the run and obviously in the air, getting to the playaction, opening up the field as the game goes.

Finally, Ray Ray's little retirement speech gave them a feeling of destiny and our team's gutty make up, last second wins, even being robbe of 2 wins on the road on the last play of the game knowing those games were taken from them at the end, has really made this team the most resilient left in the playoffs.

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

I look at this team and see a lot of the 2001 team vs the Ravens. Besides the team using the same systems I look at Gronk's injury being similar to Drew's which changed the offense game strategies meaning they went from be a passing offense to run first because they both have the big running back with very good line blocking.

The 2001 team lost a close game against the Rams when Smith fumbled on the 1 yard line. But it was that game that they knew they could compete with anyone and didn't lose another game. Two games later is when they lost Drew and had TB take over. They went slow with him at first depending more on the running game. Both teams had the change in pace running backs on 3rd downs, a FB, and good blocking TEs.

As we all know the 2013 team strategy changed when Gronk went down. It took a while but it was the Raven game that they discovered their identity which to me is similar to the Rams game back in 2001.

The big difference is the defenses. But I do think that having a healthy defensive back field is making a big difference and the development of Collins as well as Hightower is making this defense just good enough. 

[/QUOTE]

The rams game was late in the year. Drew went out in week 2....ijs, kind of ruins your story when you cant get that right. Close though

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've already seen enough to say screw him. So, your giving him one more chance and my saying he used them up already is smart vs dumb?

[/QUOTE]

RIdley had a nice game last week and is better used scaled back like Faulk, so why is it "screw him"?

Did you say "screw Faulk" back in 2001?

[/QUOTE]

I wasn't the one who said "screw him".

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

RIdley had a nice game last week and is better used scaled back like Faulk, so why is it "screw him"?

[/QUOTE]

What's so "nice" about 3.7 ypa?

I did say screw Faulk early in his career, when he was a fumbler, but only for running the ball. He didn't fumble much when receiving.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

The Broncos won their super bowl already.  Manning won a playoff game for the first time in ages, proving that he doesn't go one and done every single time.  Now he can retire into the sunset while the Pats bring home the 4th Lombardi.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

still waiting on the ref assignments...     last week they came out on tuesday so... stay tuned.  hoping and praying for gene steratore.  Just as I say that...   I figure  goodell will probably block it and insert his guy....  who is...? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to GO47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The rams game was late in the year. Drew went out in week 2....ijs, kind of ruins your story when you cant get that right. Close though

[/QUOTE]

True enough on when he got injured but the fact remains they needed to change their offensive strategy when Drew went out just like they did when Gronk went out. ...and if anything it makes it similar in that it was later in the season when they played the Rams and this years team played the Ravens. But thanks for pointing out the timing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wasn't the one who said "screw him".

[/QUOTE]

Is this not your statement?

"I've already seen enough to say screw him."

[/QUOTE]

I was just responding to TC's terminology; I didn't coin the phrase. I said I would sit him.

I just don't want to see this guy lose us a SB berth when we know it's an issue and has been right along.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Pats need to jump out quick....like Babe said....don't keep it close.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's so "nice" about 3.7 ypa?

I did say screw Faulk early in his career, when he was a fumbler, but only for running the ball. He didn't fumble much when receiving.

[/QUOTE]

Because he helped wear down Colts front with Blount.  It doesn't matter what the final YPC statline is if the approach/result from the approach is effective.

You'd have to be daft to not see a double whammy in skill set of Blount/Ridley not being an effective 1-2 punch right now.

What else do you want?  You looked at statlines of Antowain Smith and Faulk back in 2001, 2003, etc?

If you did, you clearly cannot enjoy anything in life and are just a miserable, miserable human being.

[/QUOTE]

What the hell is wrong with you?

You're giving me a hard time because I would prefer to have a guy like Bolden, who has zero fumbles and has averaged nearly 5 ypc, spell Blount instead of a guy who has been benched numerous times for ball security?

But I'm daft in your view because I don't want to find out the f'n hard way by losing a SB berth that Ridley isn't "cured". And you wonder why I call you an imbecile?