were the jets that good?or the texans that bad?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

were the jets that good?or the texans that bad?

I will say the texans are over-rated,but the jets o-line is very good,and as long as a qb has all day to throw.even a rookie like sanchez can be good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chaucer. Show chaucer's posts

Re: were the jets that good?or the texans that bad?

One game does not a season make.  Still, the defense of the Jets looked very good.  they put pressure on the QB and they shut down the best receiver Houston has, one of the better receivers in pro ball.  They run the kind of defense that gives the Patriots trouble, just as the Giants and Ravens have done.  Pressure up the middle is tough on an immobile QB, as Brady is likely to be.  I think the Patriots have enough to beat them but the games will be very tough.  Remember, the Jets were quite good last year and may be better without Favre.  Stuckey may be a real find for them as a receiver.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GottaLoveLeon. Show GottaLoveLeon's posts

The Jets were that good!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think the Jets are a decent team. Both their offense and defense looked solid, but I also think the Texas offense showed a lack of creativity and good play calling. If the Pats can pick up the Jets blitz (apparently it came from many different sides), then we should be in good shape. I am hoping that Faulk, Edelman and Welker are all active in this game, because those short across the middle routes are going to be open all day long.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Should be a very good game. I wouldnt call the Jets super bowl champs yet, but they did look good yesterday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

One game means nothing, but Revis as a shut down corner is the real thing. Jenkins is a monster in the middle, but they have a ways to go before they are in the Pat's league. But they are working on it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Houston is 8-8 at best, and I figure Jets 8-8 as well. Now the difference is Ryan will bring them respectability and win a couple where you go wow they steped up becasue of that pin your ears back defense. But you can't pin them back against teams like Pats cause you will be behind really fast!
    If they have good health and all that sort of stuff works out for them their defense will keep them in and win several games for them and their QB looks good. He doesn't have to win many games for them just not loose the games. The games they need him to win for him like against the Pat's that is where he will get exposed as a Rookie. This is a team that could be dangerous by week 12, and could challenge the Pat's next season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

This isn't your father's Jets - they might actually be competitive and aggressive.

It should make for a more interesting year.  I could see the Jets stealing one against us (although I don't see Belichick letting them win both after all of the talking Rex Ryan did), and I could also see the Jets finishing above the Dolphins now that they have a quarterback who should be fresh at the end of the year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

For years the Arizona Cardinals were the team everybody loved to love, and they were projected to be much better than they actually were season after season, until they finally caught lightning in a bottle in January and -- let's face it -- should have beaten Bitchburgh in the Super Bowl.

Currently, the team wearing this mantle is the Houston Texans. I keep hearing pundits and fans and even some of you guys envisioning this team in the playoffs and perhaps even challenging for a division title and I simply scratch my head and wonder why . . .  and how.

In a word, Houston stinks. They were a .500 team last year (or were they?) and I don't see how they've gotten any better. The sand appears to be running out of the Matt Schaub hourglass and while there are some interesting pieces in place -- particularly on the defensive front and at wide receiver -- the Texans appear to me to be a team going in the wrong direction. I don't get where the high expectations are coming from and am fairly well convinced that they will not be met.

Now Green New Jersey, on the other hand, finished poorly last season, but there is plenty of talent on that team and its defense should keep it in a lot of games. I fully expect young Sanchez to see more complicated looks than Houston gave him against better teams, and while I don't think the Jests will be haning with the heavyweights in the conference, they are not a team to be taken lightly --

like . . .   say . . .   for instance . . .

the Dolphins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

D is the real deal, but their offense is quite misleading. The Jets O-line picked up the pass rush quite well. 

The Jets' defense looked better than the Steelers' D, but this offense is built to handle the blitz. The Jets offense doesn't scare me at all. Our defense is better than them. 

I'm still going with a 6-0 divisional sweep, even after seeing the Jets' organize chaos blitz.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

The Jets lead the league in illusions.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmo1679. Show wmo1679's posts

I think it a combo of both. Houston was way overrated going into the season. The Jets play very well on both sides of the ball. It's only one game but the Jets might be the pats only real test in the AFC east.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

Texans were hanging pretty good until they decided to keep turning the ball over. 
    Houston beat themselves. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

It seemed like the Jets also got the big plays they needed on thrid and long... that's a good and a bad...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Didn't see the game, but this was exactly the thread I wanted to start today. 

Many pundits and pats fans predicted the demise of the colts and the ascension of the texans while also suggesting that there was no way the play of the Jets with a rookie QB could keep up with the words of Jets loudmouth new coach.  

Now it seems this game has turned the theories on their head.  Yes its one game, but I think the outcome may speak volumes. 

Interesting to see pats fans now thinking there may be some competition in the division. 

Final note, those who've already posted may not be the who bloviated about the greatness of the texans and weakness of the jets.  A little research may be necessary to determine who they are, and if they've not responded to this thread, why not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

Gotta say I was impressed with Sanchez from what I saw - that guy looked pretty comfortable for a rookie and made some plays. 

Houston's offense did not impress, however. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots74. Show Patriots74's posts

The Jets did look good on both sides of the ball but really are you going to judge them on just that game?

The Texans were an 8-8 team last season and they went 0-4 in thier first four. I don't think they have even made the playoffs since they were added.

That being said I don't think the Pats should take them lightly, and I doubt they will but I think we should reserve judgement on the Jets till we see them play some higher caliber teams and beat them, preseason does not count by the way as teams don't gameplan for those and do not play thier starters all the way through them, to include the 3rd game.

Lets be honest about the Pats though. So far thier defense hasn't looked much better than season so far so until it gets better, if it does get better, much of how this season goes hinges on how the offense performs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Can't know the answer to this question yet.  Always remember that a good defense can make a decent team look like a bunch of bumbling fools.  "IF" the Jets found a defense, then you can expect their opponents to look somewhat bumbling.  Isn't that what other teams usually look like when they play a good defense?

It's too early to tell which is really the case here.  I wouldn't mind a division foe finding a defense this year.  It will only better prepare them for the types of teams they can expect in the playoffs.  Besides, we all think they've addressed the protection issues for Brady, now let them practice it.  Before anyone says W.T.F., remember that Brady was hit 1 in 10 pass attempts after the Eagles game in 2007.  This is the element discussed on another thread that we think was addressed this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

The reasons that the Texans looked so good going into this year is that they won 5 of their last 6 games last year.  Traded for Schaub, have one of the best receivers in the game in Johnson, Slaton had a great rookie season, etc.  And on defense, Mario Williams looks like the #1 they drafted to go along with a solid improving defense. 

Now they are 0-1 with the Titans next week. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

it is the first game....Houston is better than that, they made the Jets look better than they are.

I didn't know that we were playing a game next weekend.....I figured that the jets were just going to the field to kiss our rings.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In the end, we will all know better come this time next week.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: were the jets that good?or the texans that bad?:
    [QUOTE]Hey M1020-How are ya little lady?? Who wants to kiss a tainted ring anyway? Hi Gang-The City is a buzz with excitement over the NY Jets this bueatiful day here in NYC.The Defense looked awesome and Sanchez ,you know him,Mark "3rd down Converter" Sanchez looked more then just capable...and it must have had you wondering....How is the Oline of the pats going to stop that pressure defense of the Jets??? Brady goes down next week unless the Bills can get to him tonight. Did you guys ever name a backup QB?You better go buy his jersey now because ...I see a bad moon arisin'...I see trouble on the way! LOL-How are ya!?
    Posted by GoLeonGo[/QUOTE]

I wonder if you are capable of posting one serious comment?  You could learn a lot from Underdogg.  But then again, you have become the little dog at the party that goes around licking toes and entertaining people.  I guess we'd miss the entertainment if you ever put a brain cell to use.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The Jets did some things yesterday that should worry us. People can ignore those things and talk about how it wont happen against the Pats but you are just ignoring the facts. The Jets were able to keep the Texans pass rush at bay and they have a good defense on the Texans. If their O line could stop that pass rush and give Sanchez time to look good then what will happen when the Pats play considering we havent had a pass rush in two years.  Also with Seymore gone can we stop the run on the right side? They have two good running backs. I said all offseason that the Jets D would be legit and now I am worried about the Jets O as well. I know it was only one game and teh odds are on our sides so I am not saying eh sky is falling but I would be lying if i said I was not worrying about it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: were the jets that good?or the texans that bad? : I wonder if you are capable of posting one serious comment?  You could learn a lot from Underdogg.  But then again, you have become the little dog at the party that goes around licking toes and entertaining people.  I guess we'd miss the entertainment if you ever put a brain cell to use.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Just ignore the fool.....he has not made an accurate prediction yet.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]The Jets did some things yesterday that should worry us. People can ignore those things and talk about how it wont happen against the Pats but you are just ignoring the facts. The Jets were able to keep the Texans pass rush at bay and they have a good defense on the Texans. If their O line could stop that pass rush and give Sanchez time to look good then what will happen when the Pats play considering we havent had a pass rush in two years.  Also with Seymore gone can we stop the run on the right side? They have two good running backs. I said all offseason that the Jets D would be legit and now I am worried about the Jets O as well. I know it was only one game and teh odds are on our sides so I am not saying eh sky is falling but I would be lying if i said I was not worrying about it.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

I'm with you Killa.  I really do hope the Jets have found a good D.  I hope they force us to have to adjust away from our spread and into a slugfest.  The games will be tough, but the Pats will not be duped into thinking they can go spread on any defense, no matter how good.  

Sections
Shortcuts