Wes is just like all the other primadonna WR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re: Wes is just like all the other primadonna WR

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:

Grow up. 

The guy was played by NE (and that's not a sleight to NE - its just business).  NE has demonstrated that they love their players until they have to negotiate with them, then its all business.  This happens with many franchises, but some teams handle their player separations better than NE does. 

The guy thought that he produced for NE in a way that would cause the team to offer him a better deal than they did.  They didn't.  They gave him a low offer and made him make a move, and he did.  I am sure he's a proud guy, and not interested in downplaying (for the sake of his former team and their fans) the situation. 

NE was "man" enough to negotiate hard and they came out fine in the process with Amendola.  I am sure they have no problem with his comments.  If they did, they could have kept him quiet by offering more.  They didn't.  NE fans should see it the same way. 

NE is quite savvy on the business end of their team building.  That doesn't occur without a few jabs back at the team once in a while. 

The guy was played by NE (and that's not a sleight to NE - its just business).  NE has demonstrated that they love their players until they have to negotiate with them, then its all business.  This happens with many franchises, but some teams handle their player separations better than NE does. 

How would you say Indy handled the PM situation a year years back?

I'd say Jim Irsay and Peyton Manning did a joint press conference announcing his departure.  I'd say Peyton Manning is easily as proud as Welker.  If he felt "dissed" he never would have joined Irsay.  Example?  Do you recall how Manning handled the Vanderjagt situation?  If not, just google "idiot kicker". Manning's departure is a perfect example of a team handling a player separation better than the pats do.  I didn't intend to go there but you brought it up. 

http://www.coltsgab.com/2012/03/06/its-official-colts-have-decided-to-cut-qb-peyton-manning/

They tried to cover it up when he was finally out. If the colts did this so smoothly why were they the worst team in the league the following season?

Bottom line, the Colts lost a decent player who is still capable of winning some games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

One more thing. 

IIRC, I think NE could have kept Welker for a total of $2 million over 2 years.  In the scheme of a salary cap, that's not alot, especially considering Welker's production for the team AND they speed with which he came back from injury. 

In this case, NE seems to have been most interested in getting the most (Welker) for the least (their contract offer to him).  

The last thing I would call Welker is a prima donna given his production to price ratio for the Patriots.  Complaints about him now sound like sour grapes more than anything.

They offered him $16 mill. for two years the year before...he and his brilliant "know the market for 32 year old slot receivers" agent turned it down...go figure

so now he's making 21 over 3.  If the pats were only willing to give him 5 after his 9, then I think he did better.  I don't begrudge a guy who produced like he did for as long as he did at the pay rate he did it for trying to maximize his deal, even if he fails to do so.  If you do, your fandom is too strong to think rationally.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] 

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] 

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Grow up. 

The guy thought that he produced for NE in a way that would cause the team to offer him a better deal than they did.  They didn't.  They gave him a low offer and made him make a move, and he did.  I am sure he's a proud guy, and not interested in downplaying (for the sake of his former team and their fans) the situation. 

NE was "man" enough to negotiate hard and they came out fine in the process with Amendola.  I am sure they have no problem with his comments.  If they did, they could have kept him quiet by offering more.  They didn't.  NE fans should see it the same way. 

NE is quite savvy on the business end of their team building.  That doesn't occur without a few jabs back at the team once in a while. 

[/QUOTE]

I'd say Jim Irsay and Peyton Manning did a joint press conference announcing his departure.  I'd say Peyton Manning is easily as proud as Welker.  If he felt "dissed" he never would have joined Irsay.  Example?  Do you recall how Manning handled the Vanderjagt situation?  If not, just google "idiot kicker".  nuff said.

[/QUOTE]

You mean after a loss to Pitssburgh the class act that said "lets just say we had some problems in Protection". The bus tire tracks are still viisible on his O line from that remark. nuff said.

[/QUOTE]

you introduced Manning into the discussion not me. perhaps you should take your own advice.

What's your point? 

[/QUOTE]

Your golden boy doesn't come without stains. Your portrayal of the PR show put on by he and Irsay reeked of a staged event. He is a proffesional athlete who has taken advantage of his stature and image and you know exactly what I mean.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting comments...for another thread that you can create if you wish.  This thread however is about whether or not Welker is a prima donna for simply opening his mouth. 

Try to stay on subject. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I didn't introduce manning into the discussion. You certainly didn't mind using him to try and make your arguement once he was brought into it did you. 

Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

[/QUOTE]

LOL.  What did you want me to do?  The poster who did bring up Manning and Indy did so in direct response to my comments.  At least he managed to stay within the topic of the thread. 

You, on the other hand, not so much. 

Not sure what you mean by your last comment, but if that's your way of saying that anytime Manning's name is brought up, its open season for whatever you want to say about him, then so be it, but that makes you appear petty and childish.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] 

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] 

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Grow up. 

[/QUOTE]

I'd say Jim Irsay and Peyton Manning did a joint press conference announcing his departure.  I'd say Peyton Manning is easily as proud as Welker.  If he felt "dissed" he never would have joined Irsay.  Example?  Do you recall how Manning handled the Vanderjagt situation?  If not, just google "idiot kicker".  nuff said.

[/QUOTE]

You mean after a loss to Pitssburgh the class act that said "lets just say we had some problems in Protection". The bus tire tracks are still viisible on his O line from that remark. nuff said.

[/QUOTE]

you introduced Manning into the discussion not me. perhaps you should take your own advice.

What's your point? 

[/QUOTE]

Your golden boy doesn't come without stains. Your portrayal of the PR show put on by he and Irsay reeked of a staged event. He is a proffesional athlete who has taken advantage of his stature and image and you know exactly what I mean.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting comments...for another thread that you can create if you wish.  This thread however is about whether or not Welker is a prima donna for simply opening his mouth. 

Try to stay on subject. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I didn't introduce manning into the discussion. You certainly didn't mind using him to try and make your arguement once he was brought into it did you. 

[/QUOTE]

LOL.  What did you want me to do?  The poster who did bring up Manning and Indy did so in direct response to my comments.  At least he managed to stay within the topic of the thread. 

Not sure what you mean by your last comment, but if that's your way of saying that anytime Manning's name is brought up, its open season for whatever you want to say about him, then so be it, but that makes you appear petty and childish.

[/QUOTE]

So it makes me petty and childish to comment on something you wanted to use to further your agenda in the thread. Yeah, so another words don't bring up that vulgar and disgusting thing the golden boy did to that young coed. That makes me childish and petty so be it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] 

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] 

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Grow up. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's your point? 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Try to stay on subject. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So it makes me petty and childish to comment on something you wanted to use to further your agenda in the thread. Yeah, so another words don't bring up that vulgar and disgusting thing the golden boy did to that young coed. That makes me childish and petty so be it.

[/QUOTE]

So what exactly does that have to do with my original comments or my response to another poster that Manning and the colts handled their exit better than Welker and the Pats? 

Yes you are childish.  Very much so.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] 

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] 

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Grow up. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's your point? 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Try to stay on subject. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So what exactly does that have to do with my original comments or my response to another poster that Manning and the colts handled their exit better than Welker and the Pats? 

Yes you are childish.  Very much so.

[/QUOTE]

I believe I addressed that as a staged event and very nice PR for PM. BTW, I don't remeber Wes Welker being drafted by the Pat's and winning the SB in NE to warrant that kind of pomp and circumstance they bestowed upon the golden boy.

So if you consider that childish that is your issue not mine. It must suck to have to attack people in order to defend your position instead of using  civil conversation. Any other attacks or names you want to call me so that you distract from your arguement?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

welker has never shown any signs of being a primadonna receiver while in miami, and new england.   bit of a reach of a article imo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

Grow up. 

I'd say Jim Irsay and Peyton Manning did a joint press conference announcing his departure.  I'd say Peyton Manning is easily as proud as Welker.  If he felt "dissed" he never would have joined Irsay.  Example?  Do you recall how Manning handled the Vanderjagt situation?  If not, just google "idiot kicker". Manning's departure is a perfect example of a team handling a player separation better than the pats do.  I didn't intend to go there but you brought it up. 

http://www.coltsgab.com/2012/03/06/its-official-colts-have-decided-to-cut-qb-peyton-manning/

They tried to cover it up when he was finally out. If the colts did this so smoothly why were they the worst team in the league the following season?

Bottom line, the Colts lost a decent player who is still capable of winning some games.

[/QUOTE]

Hindsight is 20/20.  there were plenty who thought the colts should have kept Manning and plenty who thought he would never play again.  Given the questions, I don't think the decision was "smooth" at all.  That's not the point.  The point is that the two agreed to part ways and did so amicably. 

The initial post of this thread was a complaint about Welker giving a reporter his thoughts about how things are now.  Those thoughts didn't sit well with the OP.  I offered my opinion of both Welker and the OP's complaints. 

Someone else brought up Manning and the colts split, which compared to the Welker Patriots split went remarkably well. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

Link

Wes had this too say about leaving New England; "I feel like I can be myself a little more for sure,"

Really Freddiro, buddy!  C'mon, we all know that the Patriots don't allow players to talk freely and be themselves to the media.   THe generic "Patriot way" answers are very old and make the Patriots look a bit wimpy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't see the problem.  Wes likes to joke around.  Remember the "feet" press conference?  He ended being punished for that, apparently, by BB. Some even blamed the playoff loss to the Jets on BB (alledgedly) benching Welker for those comments.   Maybe Wes prefers some freedom to joke around . . .

And didn't Wes turn down a higher offer to play with Manning?  He probably would have prefered to play with Brady, but Manning was clearly high on his radar too.  So there was some "design" there . . .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

another thread gone south from troll behavior...

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Yeah - Jri just couldn't let this one slide.  He's got an unhealthy obsession with me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I'm with everyone who said this is a non story. Nothing Welker said in that interview makes him a primadonna imo. I don't understand why Pats fans in general think its such a bad thing if a guy does not want to act like a robot when talking to the media.

Furthermore, some advice to UD and JRI...if you insist on arguing please trim your responses so this thread can remain readable!

15. This post has been removed.