WES is NO MO! here's y...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: WES is NO MO! here's y...

It was nuts to think Welker would get tagged this year.  Since no tag was put on anyone I'm pretty confident that it means contract talks are going good with Welker... and Seabass and possibly even Talib who it will surprise me if he is still a Patriot this season.

I'm pretty sure with the Bradys new contract that Welker will be back for a couple more seasons.  Not sure why you think he is gone as there is nothing in your post that would support otherwise.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

I would hope Talib would be second to get a contract offer if we can get welker signed back up. WR and DB are two of the places BB has had trouble drafting, Locking up players in both those areas would be more pressing to me than bringing back seabass who i think is eaier to replace than Talib and Welker. With Dante Scarnecchia still there he has shown he can do more with less at the OL position than anyone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

It was nuts to think Welker would get tagged this year.  Since no tag was put on anyone I'm pretty confident that it means contract talks are going good with Welker... and Seabass and possibly even Talib who it will surprise me if he is still a Patriot this season.

I'm pretty sure with the Bradys new contract that Welker will be back for a couple more seasons.  Not sure why you think he is gone as there is nothing in your post that would support otherwise.

Just someone throwing you know what against the wall and hopes it sticks.  We are down to a week to see Wes get resigned by the Pats!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

The Boston Globe would be "fairly surprised" if free agent Wes Welker isn't re-signed by the Patriots before the start of free agency on March 12.

Beat writer Greg Bedard says Welker has the best chance to get done over fellow free agents CB Aqib Talib and RT Sebastian Vollmer. Talib wants to maximize his value, and both he and Vollmer are expected to "see what other teams have to offer." Welker is expected to seek $9 million annually.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

TFB, the use of the word "jabroni" in the OP should expose identities and explain why there is no actual evidence to back up the claims.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Don't feed the troll, Commie needs to go away

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

The Boston Globe would be "fairly surprised" if free agent Wes Welker isn't re-signed by the Patriots before the start of free agency on March 12.

Beat writer Greg Bedard says Welker has the best chance to get done over fellow free agents CB Aqib Talib and RT Sebastian Vollmer. Talib wants to maximize his value, and both he and Vollmer are expected to "see what other teams have to offer." Welker is expected to seek $9 million annually.

This is good news.  I would like to see a deal between $8-$9 million per year, no higher then $9 mill, no less then $8 mill.  Thats a fair price for Wes who has the production to back up this kind of money and still be consider team friendly deal, especially with the speculation that Bowe just signed a 5 year deal possibly being as much as $11 mill per year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

This is good news.  I would like to see a deal between $8-$9 million per year, no higher then $9 mill, no less then $8 mill.  Thats a fair price for Wes who has the production to back up this kind of money and still be consider team friendly deal, especially with the speculation that Bowe just signed a 5 year deal possibly being as much as $11 mill per year.

Well I'm sure you'd let him take less than 8mil, but I get your point.  I'd like to see it at 7.5 to be honest.  He's a number 2 in my book regardless of big numbers he puts up.  Time to let Ridley, Bolden, and Vereen to get more touches - instead of that extension of the running game through Welker. regardless I hope he stays a Pat, but at the right price.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

[QUOTE]

wrong. TFB, as the welker fanboy and pretend agent he is, doesn't want welker to get anything less than $8mill/per. if NE signs welker to anything less be prepared for the TFB "BB should be fired for underpaying Wes" thread.

[/QUPTE]

Of course I don't want Welker to get less, the guy deserves to get paid.  In all the seasons he has been a Patriot he made bank 1 season.  For all he has done for the team, for the numbers he puts up year in and year out and to see others get paid, like Bowe speculation is $11 mill for 5 season, that's just disrespectful to one of the teams top players.  One of the leagues top players. 

We talk about a class act of an organization, well there are times they show the other side of it.  Not to bash my team but it's just wrong!  It just plain sends the wrong message to future players.  Future very good players that could be a key asset to a SB.  And  if they let one of the biggest offensive assets to this team get away because they want to be tight in the wallet and expect a player who has played for cheap in the past to take another cheap deal then it's a shame.  It's disrespectful not only to that player but to all the players on the team who trust the organization to get or keep the best players to help them succeed.  And it's disrespectful to the fans who support the team and in return expect the team to do everything they can to field the best possible team in order to get another SB.  If you don't see this then you need to take off your rose colored glasses.

In case you haven't noticed, the Patriots haven't signed any top talent in the past several years who are willing to put the money behind them in order to play for a SB contender and help the Patriots get over the top.  Those days are long gone buddy!  It's about being paid a fair price, market price, for your services to help a team get over the top.  We have seen it happen here in the past, letting guys go due to not getting a contract, a good and fair contract which has hurt the team.  Time for them to do the right thing, not get butt hurt and let them walk if they aren't willing to play for less then fair money.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

both sea bass and talib will be back as will an older  pass rush demon like freeney, seymour or abraham plus a ghodson or reed at safety plus new deals for mccourty and spikes. wes is the odd guy out. pats just dont value and really plan on going all in with the running game next year and back to the ball control style of 2001 and 2004. we have options with vereen in terms of receiving, ditto with woodhead and the draft (speedster). ballard, hern and gronk give us an unstoppable 3 headed TE tandem (first in history as bb rewrites the book again). b it demps or honey badger (or even Moss), some speedster is walking thru that door. i dont c lloyd going anywhere (he will be just fine in the SLOT as well).

methinks that now that wes is a true unrestricted guy he is about to be blowed out by how much respect and love their really is out there for him. ]odds are now higher that a cash rich team like san fran could swoop in with a $55m offer for 5 years with 24m GUARANTEED! too rich for pats but thats the MARKET! ditto with the falcs. gonzo really is retiring, y not wes? neither of these teams have jabroni qbs.. u feel me? WES is going WEST!

I disagree -believe it's just the opposite Welker resighns and Talib is gone and Volmer also if he doesn't take Team friendly contract.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

sure, we all luv welker but the guy disappears in the playoffs when we need him the most. a few really key dropped passes in the last couple of playoff games makes me wonder if the Pats should spend the money elsewhere.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:

sure, we all luv welker but the guy disappears in the playoffs when we need him the most. a few really key dropped passes in the last couple of playoff games makes me wonder if the Pats should spend the money elsewhere.

Disappear in the playoffs?  You think that is on Welker or do you think the game planning has a lot to do with this?  All regular season the Patriots open up the offense and play to win.  But when they get to the playoffs they seem to tighten up the play calling and play to not lose instead of playing to win.  And the drops.. give me a break!  Or as Ocho would say... child please!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I like Wes and at a decent deal I see him coming back. I could see them agreeing on something like a 5yr/38M deal structured with 10M signing, 2M, 4M, 6M, 8M, 8M and the first 2 seasons fully guaranteed. He gets 16M guaranteed and paid in the first two years and they have cap hits of 4M and 6M in 2013 and 2014. 2015 is a 8M cap hit that could be managed if he is still productive, renegotiated or he could be cut with a dead money hit of 6M that could be spread over two years.

I really do not see any team giving Wes a deal that is significantly better - he puts up great numbers and is a great player, but other teams are going to value him in line with a slot/#2 receiver. And at 32, getting more than 2 years of guaranteed money is unlikely. If some team went to three, I could see the above being changed to a 2M/4M/4M first three guaranted with some kind of third year buy-out clause.

I can see teams paying 10+M for Wallace and maybe Jennings - Hartline and Welker (and maybe Amendola) are the next level with Hartline as a borderline #1 and more of a wide out and they will all sign in the 7-9M range but after that ... There are a bunch of decent draft options and mid-level FA wide-outs for a lot less that teams in need of receivers will target. Heck, teams with no cap pressure and receiver needs are letting RFAs walk and cutting other #2/3 recievers at cap hits of 1-2M.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

proof i wasnt just talking sans facts and reality. sometimes we must step away from the koolaid to grasp actual reality and facts:

Wide receiver Wes Welker has no plans to re-sign with the Patriots before testing the free agent market next week, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. Welker, who has spent the last six seasons in New England, played the last year under the franchise tag, but the veteran was not tagged this month. The 31-year-old Welker is coming off a stretch of at least 100 catches in five of his last six seasons.

like with deion branch and others before him... once the welk hits free agency he will be blowed away with offers and be offered more respect by teams who wont make him the 4th option the minute everyone is a t full strenght. very bush league and short-sighted by bb last year. of course welk and his handlers will NEVER forget it. that was a ray allen moment. will only return if noone steps up.. they will a san fran or falcs will step up with $10-11m offer with 20+m guaranteed! if a jabroni like hartline is worth $7m, y the heck is wes being jerkedd around.. he's been disrespected, good riddance to us.. we can move on to where our heart really is!

wes is not a mistress, he deserves to be a mongamous bride.. bb kept up wit the roving eye!

Dang!  I couldn't have said it any better!  Well done!

Now I'm not so sure about the 49'ers.  Last I seen they are $5 million under the CAP and teams generally like to save about $4 million for rookies.  They have a ton of draft picks so that could be more for them.  They have some cutting to do if they want Welker.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

If pats don't resign him, he'll be in a short list of core pats players they shouldve resigned!

seymour and Asante are the other two.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

If pats don't resign him, he'll be in a short list of core pats players they shouldve resigned!

seymour and Asante are the other two.

Don't forget Moss! It would have been SB city in 2010 had they signed Moss to an extension.  Been lacking that deep threat ever since and cost the Patriots at least 2 SB's imo!!

Sections
Shortcuts