Wes-placement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Wes-placement

Does anybody think that Miami would be foolish enough to give us another slot WR in Davone Bess next season for a second rounder?

Davone is on pace for a 80+ catch season with 900+ yards with a scrub rookie QB like Ryan Tannerhill. Can one imagine what teaming him up with Tom Terrific and playing him in the slot with Hernandez, Gronk Lloyd and Edelman? 

Thoughts? I saw we trade for Davone with a second rounder and then we ship Wesley off to St. Louis for a second round pick if he doesn't give us a team friendly deal.  

Anyone think St. Louis and Miami would be that dumb? Here's hoping, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Wes-placement

We got Welker on a second round tender.  we did a poison pill contract.  Kraft felt so bad for screwing his buddy Heisinga *sp* that he gave an additional 7 th round pick.  If they tendr him all bets are off. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does anybody think that Miami would be foolish enough to give us another slot WR in Davone Bess next season for a second rounder?

Davone is on pace for a 80+ catch season with 900+ yards with a scrub rookie QB like Ryan Tannerhill. Can one imagine what teaming him up with Tom Terrific and playing him in the slot with Hernandez, Gronk Lloyd and Edelman? 

Thoughts? I saw we trade for Davone with a second rounder and then we ship Wesley off to St. Louis for a second round pick if he doesn't give us a team friendly deal.  

Anyone think St. Louis and Miami would be that dumb? Here's hoping, right?

[/QUOTE]

The only dumb ones are the ones who seem to think Wes is replaceable by; Davone Bess or Amendola, or Salas, or Hartline or (insert any name here)........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

no one is arguing how great Wes is. The arguement has and continues to be what is the cost of that greatness, and does any other team feel Wes will be just as great out of the Pats offense?

In other words, does Wes make the Pats offense great? Or does the Pats offense make Wes great?

Do you think Wes is the same player with Sanchez, Weeden or Ponder throwing to him? Does the PAts offense not score 30 points per game (assuming health for everyone) if Wes is not on the team?

Everyone wants Wes back, including BB and Wes, but why pay more than you have to? Let the market detirmine Wes value, and the Pats can match, tag or pass at that time.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

no one is arguing how great Wes is. The arguement has and continues to be what is the cost of that greatness, and does any other team feel Wes will be just as great out of the Pats offense?

In other words, does Wes make the Pats offense great? Or does the Pats offense make Wes great?

Do you think Wes is the same player with Sanchez, Weeden or Ponder throwing to him? Does the PAts offense not score 30 points per game (assuming health for everyone) if Wes is not on the team?

Everyone wants Wes back, including BB and Wes, but why pay more than you have to? Let the market detirmine Wes value, and the Pats can match, tag or pass at that time.

[/QUOTE]

I hate to do this, but you failed to complete one part of our bet from the Thanksgving game.   You were supposed to come on here and start a thread saying you were wrong in your analysis.

Thank you for being honest and going away for a week which was what the bet was, but I also asked for the loser to start a thread acknowledging they were wrong.

Did you not do it because you didn't want to announce that you were wrong about the Jets?

[/QUOTE]
    no problem. while I lost my Lions and Cowboys bet, I did win very big on the Pats game, so the DAT I went to Brazil for 8 days. I havent seen you on the board, so assumed you were permanantly banned. I did not know Neal Page and Rock Scully were the same person.

I wasnt wrong on the game. I thought the Pats would win, and Sanchez would throw for 300 yards. I put my money on the Pats, and thought I would balance my bet just in case with you going away for 2 weeks.... see my other posting for your kudos

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hate to do this, but you failed to complete one part of our bet from the Thanksgving game.   You were supposed to come on here and start a thread saying you were wrong in your analysis.

Thank you for being honest and going away for a week which was what the bet was, but I also asked for the loser to start a thread acknowledging they were wrong.

Did you not do it because you didn't want to announce that you were wrong about the Jets?

[/QUOTE]
    no problem. while I lost my Lions and Cowboys bet, I did win very big on the Pats game, so the DAT I went to Brazil for 8 days. I havent seen you on the board, so assumed you were permanantly banned. I did not know Neal Page and Rock Scully were the same person.

I wasnt wrong on the game. I thought the Pats would win, and Sanchez would throw for 300 yards. I put my money on the Pats, and thought I would balance my bet just in case with you going away for 2 weeks.... see my other posting for your kudos

[/QUOTE]

I had to chuckle at me wisely not taking your "Sanchez to throw for 300 yards" offer, while he goes for 301 total, with 75 of it in garbage time. That's EXACTLY why I didn't take that part of the bet. 

I have no control over stuff like that.   Fact is, NE's D embarrassed the daylights out of him on national TV and kept him well under 300 yards in the air. That's a perfect example of box score stats not reflecting what actually happens, too. Rex tells us he had a "94 Qb Rating" which also is totally meaningless and proves how misleading that stat is.  

Hey, I give you credit for at least putting your money where your mouth is. I don't any Pats fans, other than contrarian troll types here under a Mazz/Felger guise, who give so much credit to a clearly AWFUL Jets team like you do.  I challenged you for that reason, but at least you took it.

More than I can say for Pezzy and others on this Houston bet I still want ONE of them to take.

I know why they won't. 

PS The "I lost the bet with Rusty thread" should have been started before you bowed out for a week. It had nothing to do with your little trip to Brazil.

[/QUOTE]

No internet where I was in Brazil...

Havent most defenses embarrassed the Jets offense this year? You still have me miscast as a Jets fan. I only played the whats fair is fair game 2 years ago since the Jets went to the AFC championship game and the Pats didnt. And Sanchez was the QB. That they stink now, has no bearing on what happend 2 years ago.

Cant Brady's QB ratings be interpreted the same way as he throws a behind the line of scrimmage pass to Edelman who turns it into a 17 yard gain?  Just saying, stats are meaningless.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

[QUOTE]

Keep in mind, the discussion is not about thinking they can replace Welker's gifts as a player, but getting a quality slot replacement. That may be Hernandez himself with Edelman as back up, for example, where the value comes in a versatile flanker/multiple spot WR like a Hartline.

I said it 2 years ago.  BB would consider Hernandez Welker's replacement and here we are with Hernandez invested in and Welker waiting on a deal. Hernandez is every bit as gifted as Welker, hence why the younger Hernandez is the investment.

Stinks for Welker, but that's what is clearly happening.

I think way too many of our fans fall in love with the players and don't really get what's going on here. It's not the name on the jersey but the skill set within the system.

I am far from dumb. I just know what BB does and how he allocates dollars, regardless of the Mt Hurls running around here mocking BB like a Felger/Mazz clone, utterly clueless, thinkin the cap doesn't matter a la the NY Jets Mike Tannenbum and their toolish fans. 

In a perfect non-cap world, Kraft opens the checkbook for Wes.  We'd all love it, so would BB and the team, but it doesn't work that way.

The cap does't go up until 2015, which is a full 2 seasons way. Welker is 32.

It's the way it is.  The best thing that could happen is the difference in money for what Wes sees on the open market and what he would get here, while being happier here, is not that much overall, and he stays for a deal that BB can live with. Again, BB has the leverage here, not Wes.  Wes knows it, his agent knows it and he made a mistake turning down that 18 mil guaranteed 2 year extension last year. Great offer that he might regret.

"Hernandez is every bit as gifted as Welker". Not sure I believe that and don't really know what that's based on. I understand that Hernandez missed 6 games this season but here are some stats for the 2 of them in games that they did play in:

Games     Receptions     Yards         Yards/ Game       Average/Reception    Long 

Welker          12               92             1064          88.7                         11.57                    59

Hernandez      6               27              274           46.8                         10.22                    31

Certainly Hernandez is younger than Welker, but I don't think his hands are as good nor do I think he gets the separation that Welker gets. It is to be expected that Hernandez will improve his stats but Welker is already one of the absolute best receivers in the league and he should be paid as such. Just my opinion.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.