wes vs. danny

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: wes vs. danny

In response to GusMooney's comment:

You keep calling them "weak", but Brady sucked overall.

Which is it? Did Buffalo play their SB in Sept vs our team which is what they usually do or did Brady have an off day with a putrid fumble at the goal line and a reckless INT, throwing high and wide to Sudfeld before half?

I don't care what the team is. We've seen Brady lay eggs vs worse teams.

Brady fumbled.  Wow!  He is allowed to now and then I would think since he is what keeps this thing going.

Brady was pretty busy telling receivers where to line up, they weren't running their routes, some bad protection from the line, our 1500 yard running back, as you like to call him, putting the ball on the ground and then benched.  TFB never gave up.  Even when his new main receiver on the sidelines part of the game nursing an injury already.  BB did Brady no favors this past off season.  While other top QB's, top teams are provided weapons to throw to Brady is given WR's who don't know where to line up, an injury prone player and QB turned WR.  Pathetic!!

And yes, that is a weak bills team Their D isn't that good and their QB has been off for 3 weeks and is a rookie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

there are plenty here who want to bash once they've been shown the door.  suddenly, a guy who the team couldn't succeed without is the scourge of everything.  Its pretty pathetic.  Both deserve props.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

there are plenty here who want to bash once they've been shown the door.  suddenly, a guy who the team couldn't succeed without is the scourge of everything.  Its pretty pathetic.  Both deserve props.

Go figure, right?  Unless the team wins pretty and TB throws for 5 gazillion yards and 10 zillion TDs, all is not well in Pats Nation.  1 - 0 is 1 - 0 right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

Wes 9/11 for 67 yards - 7.4 avg. yards - 2 TDs

Danny 10/14 for 104 yards - 10.4 avg. yards - 0 TD's

Edelman 7/9 for 79 yards - 11.3 avg. yards - 2 TDs

O.K. guys and gals, pile on.

If you are going to do the whole welker replacement thing, might as well throw Edelman in there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to GusMooney's comment:

You keep calling them "weak", but Brady sucked overall.

Which is it? Did Buffalo play their SB in Sept vs our team which is what they usually do or did Brady have an off day with a putrid fumble at the goal line and a reckless INT, throwing high and wide to Sudfeld before half?

I don't care what the team is. We've seen Brady lay eggs vs worse teams.

Brady fumbled.  Wow!  He is allowed to now and then I would think since he is what keeps this thing going.

Brady was pretty busy telling receivers where to line up, they weren't running their routes, some bad protection from the line, our 1500 yard running back, as you like to call him, putting the ball on the ground and then benched.  TFB never gave up.  Even when his new main receiver on the sidelines part of the game nursing an injury already.  BB did Brady no favors this past off season.  While other top QB's, top teams are provided weapons to throw to Brady is given WR's who don't know where to line up, an injury prone player and QB turned WR.  Pathetic!!

And yes, that is a weak bills team Their D isn't that good and their QB has been off for 3 weeks and is a rookie.

Brady was pretty busy telling receivers where to line up, they weren't running their routes, some bad protection from the line, our 1500 yard running back, as you like to

thats the problem, we should be running the ball on 2nd and 3.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Both are good players, but one of them might not be playing in the next game, that to me is what counts...playing in games.

This!  I'm hoping he doesn't miss any/many games this year.  His numbers don't mean squat otherwise.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

After watching the game I got to say it is very clear to me that TB12 and Danny Amendola do not have anywheres near the chemistry that TB12 and WW had. Alot of WW's catches (even on crucial 3rd downs) he appeared to be open by at least 5 yards, while DA was never really open (with the exception of the one seam route in the first half) just TB12 threaded the needle to get him the ball. For me it is clear; DA will be good in this offense, but folks (guilty as charged) who expected him to step right in immidiately for WW are going to be disappointed. And as much as I like Edelman, is there anyone here who actually thinks Edelman can keep up this pace for a whole season and not get injured? The way I see things right now:

DA = WW

Brandon Lloyd > Kenbrell Thompkins

Deion Branch > Dobson, Boyce

Old Gronk > Now Gronk

Bad guy > Sudfeld

So we will turn it around and start to click. The question is how long will that take?

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

This is not about Wes vs. Danny.
    I loved Welker, and would have liked nothing better than for him to retire a Patriot. Didn't work out like that, it is what it is.

Danny Amendola was huge for us yesterday, a 3rd down conversion machine. But durability is obviously a concern for him, and only time will tell if that is justified. It will be important for him to get on the field on Thursday. But I think they should manage his snaps at the start of the game, and maybe only play him in 3 receiver sets.

No chemistry with Brady? Did you watch the same game I did? That last drive, no he doesn't get the separation - because he played injured the entire 2nd half - and still makes the catches and keeps the drive alive. I thought the chemistry was right there.

For now I believe the rookies were just that, rookies, and that they will get up to speed quickly. Because we need them. As good as Amendola and Edelman can be, the team needs KT or AD to step up - and they sure as h*ll need Gronk back. But if the mental mistakes keep happening for too long, the offense will be as predictable as it has been over the last few years.

Supra societatem nemo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

This is not about Wes vs. Danny.
    I loved Welker, and would have liked nothing better than for him to retire a Patriot. Didn't work out like that, it is what it is.

Danny Amendola was huge for us yesterday, a 3rd down conversion machine. But durability is obviously a concern for him, and only time will tell if that is justified. It will be important for him to get on the field on Thursday. But I think they should manage his snaps at the start of the game, and maybe only play him in 3 receiver sets.

No chemistry with Brady? Did you watch the same game I did? That last drive, no he doesn't get the separation - because he played injured the entire 2nd half - and still makes the catches and keeps the drive alive. I thought the chemistry was right there.

For now I believe the rookies were just that, rookies, and that they will get up to speed quickly. Because we need them. As good as Amendola and Edelman can be, the team needs KT or AD to step up - and they sure as h*ll need Gronk back. But if the mental mistakes keep happening for too long, the offense will be as predictable as it has been over the last few years.

Supra societatem nemo

Pretty much sums it up for me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

No chemistry with Brady? Did you watch the same game I did?

Danish I saw DA disappear for large chunks of the game. thankfully he was there in the 4th. Why he disappeared earlier, I dont know if it was Brady trying top get others involved or what but DA disappeared. Dont get me wrong I am not knocking DA, I think he was great but he clerly does not ahve the chemistry YET with TB12 that WW had. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

don't see the point in vs, different games, teams, conditions and situations, it's one game - the 1st game, etc.

completely irrelevant

Thank you!  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Danish I saw DA disappear for large chunks of the game. thankfully he was there in the 4th. Why he disappeared earlier, I dont know if it was Brady trying top get others involved or what but DA disappeared. Dont get me wrong I am not knocking DA, I think he was great but he clerly does not ahve the chemistry YET with TB12 that WW had. 

I will have to go back and watch it again to see that. And really, I don't think I will have the time to do that...

But in the second half someone (maybe Reiss) noticed that he was only on the field in 3 receiver sets, so that would explain some of the disappearance.

And I think they really wanted to get some of the rookies involved in this game, hence the 10+ targets for Thompkins even if he only caught something like 4.

Wes was such a huge player for the team for so long, and had great chemistry with Brady. But when you wrote "not anywhere near" that chemistry I did read it as a knock on DA, who IMO had a great opener, and that is what I was reacting to.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

This weeks games was a good little microcosm for both players.

Welker - looked great for Den but showed what people around here don't like about him, a couple key drops

Amendola - looked great for the Pats but the groin injury and missing some plays makes you wonder if he's going to last the season

All in all it's exactly the best and worst of peoples fears about both players wrapped up into a single set of games. This issue won't be settled until the playoffs. Will Welker drop a key pass in the playoffs and will Amendola be on the field to even have that chance?

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

This weeks games was a good little microcosm for both players.

Welker - looked great for Den but showed what people around here don't like about him, a couple key drops

Amendola - looked great for the Pats but the groin injury and missing some plays makes you wonder if he's going to last the season

All in all it's exactly the best and worst of peoples fears about both players wrapped up into a single set of games. This issue won't be settled until the playoffs. Will Welker drop a key pass in the playoffs and will Amendola be on the field to even have that chance?

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

Lol. That sums it up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

DA looks more clutch than Wes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I'll take the guy who makes the big catches at the big moment in the game to lead his team to victory.  Not the guy who drops easy catches, fumbles punts and needs two garbage time TD passes to be saved from a lynching.

I think I've seen you say this already.  How many Welker bashing posts did you write before he left?  How many clutch moments did Welker have as a patriot?

Pretty funny....when you guys were tanking without shame, you were hiding...now you're here trying to start crud with Pats fans...go away coltboy...

DA was a man yesterday....WW still drops passes when it counts and , pretty obviously, always will...Denver will find out in the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

It must have taken almost a full qtr of the game for the shot to work..lol...but then he was immense....chemistry is one thing, experience with all his new receivers is something else...and TB clearly trusts DA and Edleman...he doesn't yet fully trust Sudfeld and even Thompkins, who had a rookie trough day....they'll work out the kinks...it was the first pro game for these guys...if after 6 games were still here with only 3 or 4 guys catching passes from TB then I'll be willing to get worried, but not until...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

You let your hate for Welker cloud your judgement.  That was a type of game Welker would have had 20 catches, 200+ yards.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You let your hate for Welker cloud your judgement.  That was a type of game Welker would have had 20 catches, 200+ yards.

I don't hate Wes. I was hoping we could keep him. But he IS a choker.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

I don't hate Wes. I was hoping we could keep him. But he IS a choker.

Babe, you are AHoleusmaximus

Wes was fab and durable warrior and Danny is a fragile and expensive piece of glass; Wes and Payton will school BB this year - count on it!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to SilverSun's comment:

Babe, you are AHoleusmaximus

Wes was fab and durable warrior and Danny is a fragile and expensive piece of glass; Wes and Payton will school BB this year - count on it!

Another troll goes on ignore.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to SilverSun's comment:

I couldn't agree more at this point.  Get Amendola in a plastic bubble until that game.  He needs to be 100% and be able to get YAC, get better separation, become a redzone threat like most here said he would be.

I might have to watch that game by myself in a padded room. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

You are letting your love for Wes cloud yours.  I've said this a million times.  I agree with you that far too many posters on this board discount what Welker did for us now that he is gone, but Danny just put up 100 yards and was super clutch on the game winning drive.  Maybe we can appreciate both for now instead of trying to put one down and boost the other?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Oh this is sooo Childish, but if you guys are gonna force me! Yea Wes, we got 10 catches from Danny like YOU Used to give us. YOU S*CK NOW!!!! you whiny lil Girlie Man with small man complex and little hands that cant hold a BK Whopper!!!  TAKE THAT!  BOOOYAA BITCHEZZ!!!!

ChampionSHIP!!!!! 

How was that?

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

Sections
Shortcuts