wes vs. danny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: wes vs. danny

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

This weeks games was a good little microcosm for both players.

Welker - looked great for Den but showed what people around here don't like about him, a couple key drops

Amendola - looked great for the Pats but the groin injury and missing some plays makes you wonder if he's going to last the season

All in all it's exactly the best and worst of peoples fears about both players wrapped up into a single set of games. This issue won't be settled until the playoffs. Will Welker drop a key pass in the playoffs and will Amendola be on the field to even have that chance?

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

Lol. That sums it up.

Exactly so far both players have come as advertised. Why do some keeping wanting to make this a story. Wes is gone, Danny is here. Lets enjoy him while he is if he IS injury prone. I for one am very excited! I just watched an injury prone guy play his 1st game as a patriot and he almost didnt make it due to a groin injury. He came back, toughed it out and made some very key, clutch catches that helped us win a game. Something we didnt see from Wes in 5 years here! Spare me the BS!  Im happy with what we got. If/when he gets hurt , he will be no different than any other WR in that regard and it will be next man up. Lets not play woulda coulda or I can say Wes WOULDA dropped that pass in the final drive that Danny got on 3rd and 7

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Danny was clutch as all get out today.  He missed "a" series, which foreshadowed that nagging injury reputation. I was holding my breath. 

But everyone ahs to give the guy major credit. 

Along with a couple other guys he was the offense. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000240964/GameDay-Patriots-vs-Bills-highlights

This catch, at 2:13, is really as nasty and as clutch as it gets by Danny and Brady. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

You are letting your love for Wes cloud yours.  I've said this a million times.  I agree with you that far too many posters on this board discount what Welker did for us now that he is gone, but Danny just put up 100 yards and was super clutch on the game winning drive.  Maybe we can appreciate both for now instead of trying to put one down and boost the other?

Like I said, Welker would have had 20+ catches and 200+ yards in that game yesterday had he been in Amendola's position.  Amendola might have too if he could have stayed on the field.  But he is as advertised, injured.  Until Danny A can give 6 years of top of the chart production and durability that Welker gave this team then we can start the comparisons, until then it's bogus, it's silly, it's a joke.

Last I checked Danny A has been a WR his college career and has been in the NFL 5 years now. He is supposed to be playing like he did yesterday.  He isn't supposed to play like the rookies did.  It's a joke.  It really is.  He played his position, he caught passes, what did you expect?   What I didn't like is he was missing a chunk of the game when the team could have used him on the field.  What I didn't like is I didn't see any TD's from the guy.  I thought he was supposed to be a redzone threat because he is taller then Welker.  Thats what I was told be some here. I didn't see anything that so many people said we would see and was a reason he was brought in.  I seen him on the sidelines and the locker room for part of the game, which I expected.  Get it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Danny was clutch as all get out today.  He missed "a" series, which foreshadowed that nagging injury reputation. I was holding my breath. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000240964/GameDay-Patriots-vs-Bills-highlights

This catch, at 2:13, is really as nasty and as clutch as it gets by Danny and Brady. 

Come on, how many times did you see Edelman over Amendola on the field yesterday?  A lot!  Too many.  Why?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

[QUOTE]

You are letting your love for Wes cloud yours.  I've said this a million times.  I agree with you that far too many posters on this board discount what Welker did for us now that he is gone, but Danny just put up 100 yards and was super clutch on the game winning drive.  Maybe we can appreciate both for now instead of trying to put one down and boost the other?

Like I said, Welker would have had 20+ catches and 200+ yards in that game yesterday had he been in Amendola's position.  Amendola might have too if he could have stayed on the field.  But he is as advertised, injured.  Until Danny A can give 6 years of top of the chart production and durability that Welker gave this team then we can start the comparisons, until then it's bogus, it's silly, it's a joke.

Last I checked Danny A has been a WR his college career and has been in the NFL 5 years now. He is supposed to be playing like he did yesterday.  He isn't supposed to play like the rookies did.  It's a joke.  It really is.  He played his position, he caught passes, what did you expect?   What I didn't like is he was missing a chunk of the game when the team could have used him on the field.  What I didn't like is I didn't see any TD's from the guy.  I thought he was supposed to be a redzone threat because he is taller then Welker.  Thats what I was told be some here. I didn't see anything that so many people said we would see and was a reason he was brought in.  I seen him on the sidelines and the locker room for part of the game, which I expected.  Get it?

Well, err, at least he actually caught the passes, especially those passes late in the game. ;)

But in all seriousness...

With all due respect, TFB, you need to take a step back and take a deep breath. Ever since the Welker situation this offseason, you've become incredibly negative, even irrationally so. Any objectivity you had is slipping away. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Come on, how many times did you see Edelman over Amendola on the field yesterday?  A lot!  Too many.  Why?

This further illustrates the idea that you're losing it... going off the rails, so to speak. Please, take a step back, take a walk... whatever. Maybe take a year off from football if the Welker ordeal has truly gotten to you this much. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

with small man complex and little hands that cant hold a BK Whopper!!!

LMAO

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

We would have lost if SJ caught that pass.  Wes would have had 20 catches for 200 yards if he played yesterday.  I see a lot of what if arguments and not a lot of substance.  Amendola had 100+ yards yesterday and basically carried the offense on the game winning drive.  I find it hilarious you are trying to bash the guy after the game he played yesterday just because you are still bitter about Welker.  The only thing I get is that no matter what DA does you are going to whine about him because you love Welker. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I could be wrong..... but I think DA made more wow! catches in one game than I have ever seen WW make.

Wes made a ton of catches for us, but VERY few were of the wow! variety.

DA seems to me from watching this one game, to have that "life or death" vibe going on when the game is on the line. I NEVER got that feeling from Wes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

If Brady threw for 7 TD's yesterday, I'm willing to bet a couple of them would have gone to Amendola simply because of how often he was being utilized.  Amendola showed huge heart, skill, toughness yesterday, but anyone who isn't concerned needs to back away from the coolade table.  He's hurting with a significant injury.  Practicing and playing with that kind of injury is only going to make it worse, and shooting it up with cortozone every game is only going to go so far. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

If we're going to be objective and honest, do we think Welker could've made this catch? I suppose it's possible, but I reckon he wouldn't have.

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/New-England-Patriots-wide-receiver-Danny-Amendola-makes-a-spectacular-catch-on-3rd-down/d2eeeb91-bce8-4dd7-afac-de32c553d562

Let's go Pats!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Well, err, at least he actually caught the passes, especially those passes late in the game. ;)

That's just plain silly.  So I will give you your LOL!!  There.  Now please tell me how many passes Welker dropped per game over his time here in NE?  You can use any season  average if it makes it easier for you.....  I will wait while you get me that number.  In the mean time...

I will address this...

With all due respect, TFB, you need to take a step back and take a deep breath. Ever since the Welker situation this offseason, you've become incredibly negative, even irrationally so. Any objectivity you had is slipping away."

Why wouldn't I?  Why wouldn't any fan who can be objective?  The Pats let the most productive player over the last 6 years, not named Brady, get away.  For what?  A roster load of rookie WR's, a ex QB turned WR and an injury plaqued player who has been in Welkers shadow forever.  So label me negative or irrational if you like, but if you and others could take those rose colored glasses off an be objective for one minute you just might see what I see.  We have all hid behind the It's BB excuse long enough.  This is 2013 now.  You need talent all around.. talent that can be on the field all game, week in and week out.

Think we will See Amendola play Thursday?  If so, how much?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

That's just plain silly.  So I will give you your LOL!!  There.  Now please tell me how many passes Welker dropped per game over his time here in NE?  You can use any season  average if it makes it easier for you.....  I will wait while you get me that number.  In the mean time...

I will address this...

With all due respect, TFB, you need to take a step back and take a deep breath. Ever since the Welker situation this offseason, you've become incredibly negative, even irrationally so. Any objectivity you had is slipping away."

Why wouldn't I?  Why wouldn't any fan who can be objective?  The Pats let the most productive player over the last 6 years, not named Brady, get away.  For what?  A roster load of rookie WR's, a ex QB turned WR and an injury plaqued player who has been in Welkers shadow forever.  So label me negative or irrational if you like, but if you and others could take those rose colored glasses off an be objective for one minute you just might see what I see.  We have all hid behind the It's BB excuse long enough.  This is 2013 now.  You need talent all around.. talent that can be on the field all game, week in and week out.

Here are your Welker drop stats from 2012/'13 season. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/21/signature-stats-drop-rate-wide-receivers/

Based on those stats, he averaged, roughly, a drop per game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to 19andNo's comment:

You missed one important stat. 

Wes = 2 touchdowns

Danny = 0 Touchdowns

New England Patriots - Cheating since the snowplow game in 1982. 

No, you miss the important stat: DA plays for Pats.

DA made great catches in big situations. He proved he is tough. He proved he is deadly. He proved he is on the same page as TB.

THE bottom line.... DA is DA and he is REALLY good. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Why are you saying this 20 catch stuff? I like WW but he never caught 20 passes in a game.  As someone else pointed out Wes was lucky enough to be injured in the last game of the season when he got hurt.  Otherwise we might be calling him injury prone.  Great guy but he wouldn't sign the 2 year 16 million dollar contract and now he's gone.  Long live Danny Amendola!  The guy wearing the Pat's uniform.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Gee, we dont have WW. But that does not say a thing about how good DA is. Just like it does not say a thing about how good Adrian Peterson is!

Sure WW is an exceptional recevier. Sure I would love to have him. BUT... DA is also exceptional and he showed it in his very FIRST game with TB. He came up B-I-G.

So chill a little bit. So far so good as far as DA is concerned.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Now please tell me how many passes Welker dropped per game over his time here in NE?

It's not how many, it's which.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Here are your Welker drop stats from 2012/'13 season. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/21/signature-stats-drop-rate-wide-receivers/

Based on those stats, he averaged, roughly, a drop per game.

Hahaha, I'm a numbers guy so I knew exactly what the numbers are.  I have that page you linked to memorized.  Been there many times.  I thought once someone went and looked they would realize how funny that drops argument is and would leave it at that.  Apparently you aren't one of those people so let me help you. 

First off are those numbers accurate?  Include playoffs?  The reason I ask is there arre several different sources showing different numbers.  So I hope you checked several sources.

So in reality it's less then 1 dropped pass per game.  So a receiver dropping 1less then 1 pass per game is bad?  And I assume some games there might have been two dropped passes and other games there were zero dropped passes.  Would that be fair?  So please tell me, what makes people on here think Welker would not have caught all those passes yesterday?  Statistic wise, he sure could have.  And we have all seen Welker make those type of catches and even more difficult ones.

For fun now, just look at the chart you linked to again.  Tell me Where Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Victor Cruz, some of the best in the game now, are on that list and how many they have.  And keep in mind, that may include playoff games and some of those players I mentioned didn't make it into the playoffs.

But let me continue... You must have seen the drop chart and stopped reading or looking, when you should have continued reading further.  Now go back and look at the section about drop rate.  Drop rate is pretty important when talking about drops, or accusing a player as being on who drops a lot of passes, lol!!  Please let me know where Welker shows up on that?

Now, Please let me know if you still have the same opinion before you looked deeper into this.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

Gee, we dont have WW. But that does not say a thing about how good DA is. Just like it does not say a thing about how good Adrian Peterson is!

Sure WW is an exceptional recevier. Sure I would love to have him. BUT... DA is also exceptional and he showed it in his very FIRST game with TB. He came up B-I-G.

So chill a little bit. So far so good as far as DA is concerned.

Oh dear.  LOL!!  Think he will be there Thursday?  Think we can count on him all season?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

DA will never do what Welker did but he did have 3 clutch catches, which Welker would have at least dropped one.  That's the reason I'm glad to have Danny aboard - Not to replace Welker but just to have on the team.  I don't care about DA catching 100 passes a year.  I want to win games, and have play makers catch big time passes.  So far DA did just that.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

Why are you saying this 20 catch stuff? I like WW but he never caught 20 passes in a game.  As someone else pointed out Wes was lucky enough to be injured in the last game of the season when he got hurt.  Otherwise we might be calling him injury prone.  Great guy but he wouldn't sign the 2 year 16 million dollar contract and now he's gone.  Long live Danny Amendola!  The guy wearing the Pat's uniform.

Because in that type of game yesterday, with the only other person being a viable wr was Edelman, Welker would have had a monster day.  Welker had monster days with other good wr in games, imagine what he would have done yesterday. It would have been huge.

Danny A might have done better too, had he not been on the sideline as much as he was.  He had an injury for game 1 already,  Edleman was on the field over him a lot.  Last I looked Welker had a hurt ankle but didn't miss any game time Thursday night. 

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

Long live Danny Amendola!  The guy wearing the Pat's uniform.

See that is the problem with so many here.  Just because a player is a Patriot they are better then everyone else, right?  LOL!  Take those rose colored glasses off and be objective.  It's okay, you can still be objective and a fan.  Try it sometime.  You won't look so silly making ridiculous comments.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

DA will never do what Welker did but he did have 3 clutch catches, which Welker would have at least dropped one.  That's the reason I'm glad to have Danny aboard - Not to replace Welker but just to have on the team.  I don't care about DA catching 100 passes a year.  I want to win games, and have play makers catch big time passes.  So far DA did just that.  

I agree but seriously, how can you tell me Welker would have dropped one?  That is a WAG and you know it, Getz.

I have always said I hope Amnedola catches the game winning pass in the next 5 SB's and is MVP in a few of them.  But please... give me at least 1 full season being a productive player for this team before we put him in the Welker category.  Thats almost like those who kind of, sort of compared Dobson to Moss when we first signed him.  Silly!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Relative to the rest of the receivers in the league, Welker had the most drops. Don't see how this is defensible, but it's evident that objectivity is no longer paramount, but rather, hysterical and emotional defenses of a former player are front and center. 

Let's go Pats!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

I agree but seriously, how can you tell me Welker would have dropped one?  That is a WAG and you know it, Getz.

I have always said I hope Amnedola catches the game winning pass in the next 5 SB's and is MVP in a few of them.  But please... give me at least 1 full season being a productive player for this team before we put him in the Welker category.  Thats almost like those who kind of, sort of compared Dobson to Moss when we first signed him.  Silly!!!

No Doubt.  I'm with you as far as putting DA in the Welker conversation - that is silly.  But I'm sorry TFB, I think Welker drops that pass over the middle, because I am not sure there are too many WR's that hold onto ball period.  

Out of the 600 balls Welker caught I seem to only remember the big time drops over the last 2 years were there was on one around him.  

I'm not trying to knock Welker TFB, I'm being realistic about his short comings even though he is a great WR.  We all know why he is and was great.  He still had his flaws, and the flaw with DA is his health.

Pros and cons of each receiver is obvious is my view.  Just thought yesterday showed the benefit of a DA over a Welker.  Wish we had both to be honest, but the Pats and Welker had to move on over becoming a little butt hurt.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Okay everyone got this out of their systems? The 1st game has been played WW is no longer a Patriot and DA is here whether you like it or don't like it.

Time to start dealing in the here and now.

The question now is does DA play Thursday night?

based on the needed  time & reps for the rookies to mature i think it is imperative for DA to be on the field Thursday night.

Sections
Shortcuts