Wes Welker appreciation thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Wes Welker appreciation thread

CAREER STATSMORE
    Season Team   Receiving Rushing Fumbles
      G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
    2012 New England Patriots 15 11 110 1,260 11.5 59 5 1 9 9.0 9 0 2 1

2011 New England Patriots 16 15 122 1,569 12.9 99T 9 4 30 7.5 19 0 1 0

2010 New England Patriots 15 11 86 848 9.9 35 7 -- -- -- -- -- 1 0

2009 New England Patriots 14 13 123 1,348 11.0 58 4 5 36 7.2 11 0 2 0

2008 New England Patriots 16 14 111 1,165 10.5 64 3 3 26 8.7 19 0 1 1

2007 New England Patriots 16 13 112 1,175 10.5 42 8 4 34 8.5 27 0 3 0

Best Receiver Ever

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: Wes Welker appreciation thread

Not even updated for today's uber-productive game.  Pay the man.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Could've been his last regular season game with the team.

If he's not back next season, I hope he can get that Super Bowl ring.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

He'll get paid. Kraft has a way with it and will pay the guy.  If there was ever a case to pay a player for their past performance, this guy deserves it as he has been playing for cheap, other than this past season.  Unless, there is a "wink - wink" deal to franchise his a second time..  (-;

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He's earned a Yellow Jacket.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He'll get paid. Kraft has a way with it and will pay the guy.  If there was ever a case to pay a player for their past performance, this guy deserves it as he has been playing for cheap, other than this past season.  Unless, there is a "wink - wink" deal to franchise his a second time..  (-;

[/QUOTE]

They're not paying him what he wants, he'll have to bring the price down. Anything higher than a 3 year 30 million won't be matched by the Pats. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They're not paying him what he wants, he'll have to bring the price down. Anything higher than a 3 year 30 million won't be matched by the Pats. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it might be less. Years could matter more than cash.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

They will give him the franchise tag again next year.  They wanted him for 2 years around $18 mil so giving him the tag two years in a row the pay an extra $2 mil.  Good money for Welker, Pats have security that if he gets hurt or big drop off next season they wont be paying him for more seasons.  Works out for everyone like this.  Then we will talk about 2014.

If they let him go, look at the Broncos to sign him.  Imagine how much fun Manning would have with Welker!

Pay Welker the money and keep him.  He deserves it!  The dude is so important to this offense!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Much appreciation to Wes! In the top 10 of best Pats players in team history. 

These are the days!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They will give him the franchise tag again next year.  They wanted him for 2 years around $18 mil so giving him the tag two years in a row the pay an extra $2 mil.  Good money for Welker, Pats have security that if he gets hurt or big drop off next season they wont be paying him for more seasons.  Works out for everyone like this.  Then we will talk about 2014.

If they let him go, look at the Broncos to sign him.  Imagine how much fun Manning would have with Welker!

Pay Welker the money and keep him.  He deserves it!  The dude is so important to this offense!!

[/QUOTE]

Worth some cash for 3rd down alone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

The only current Pats jersey I own. The only other one I have is a  Bledsoe one from the mid to late 90's

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

No idea what so ever what is going to happen with Wes going forward, but if this is his last year here, it so far is a good one....just like all the others.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

The guy is nothing short of amazing.  One of the best deals BB ever made was trading for him.  There is no doubt in my mind that he will be a Patriot one way or another next season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I appreciate Wes Welker.  I'd appreciate him more in a colts uniform.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Been saying for a couple years nOw.....pay him!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Been saying for a couple years nOw.....pay him!

[/QUOTE]

too many needs. 3 years for low $ or he gets franchised.

gotta have a pass rusher, safety, outside wr, corner, c/g , resign vollmer (or replace), speed lb. and stay under cap.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The guy is nothing short of amazing.  One of the best deals BB ever made was trading for him.  There is no doubt in my mind that he will be a Patriot one way or another next season.

[/QUOTE]

that and tb.

and gronk and hern steal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hey 49,

with our other needs that have to be filled via fa nad 3 draft picks before rd 7, i say 10 mil per year is too rich.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's earned a Yellow Jacket.

[/QUOTE]

tcal,

sportswriters polled, ww was not even in consideration.

if he stays here and has 3 more years copmparble he'll be hard to deny for hof

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Could've been his last regular season game with the team.

If he's not back next season, I hope he can get that Super Bowl ring.

[/QUOTE]

i expect pats will try to get a deal. i posted several bargaining chips bb has with him to get eh price down toward what we could do. if its low, we do it. if not, i thing bb changes his mind and tags him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Great player... a real gladiator !!!

i just hope he gets his ring...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Great player... a real gladiator !!!

i just hope he gets his ring...

[/QUOTE]

hope we all get the rings :) 

(we as in the team :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

IF THE Pats don't sign him I'd be be dissapointrd-Brady counts 22 million next year and if Wes wants 10-15 million that count for 1/4 of the Pats cap--I think Brady reajusts his contract to keep Wes on the team--make it happen!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to themightypatriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

CAREER STATS MORE Season Team   Receiving Rushing Fumbles   G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost 2012 New England Patriots 15 11 110 1,260 11.5 59 5 1 9 9.0 9 0 2 1   2011 New England Patriots 16 15 122 1,569 12.9 99T 9 4 30 7.5 19 0 1 0   2010 New England Patriots 15 11 86 848 9.9 35 7 -- -- -- -- -- 1 0   2009 New England Patriots 14 13 123 1,348 11.0 58 4 5 36 7.2 11 0 2 0   2008 New England Patriots 16 14 111 1,165 10.5 64 3 3 26 8.7 19 0 1 1   2007 New England Patriots 16 13 112 1,175 10.5 42 8 4 34 8.5 27 0 3 0

Best Receiver Ever

[/QUOTE]

oh come now! best receiver ever! he is great for what he is but dont make a fool of yourself

jesus some pats fans are idiots

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I definitely want the Pats to re-sign WW. However alot of the comments I read are folks saying "this is WW's one opportunity to cash in" or "the Pats need to treat him right" ect. What folks seem to forget is after trading for WW, BB signed him to a very nice (for WW at the time) 5 year $18.5 mil deal! So Wes has been treated fairly, and I hope BB does the right thing and continues to treat him fairly.