Wes Welker leads the league in dropped passes

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Wes Welker leads the league in dropped passes

As the OP,I was just surprised that Welker led the league in drops.I meant no disrespect towards him and when the games on the line,I know he'll make the catch. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Unless you are expecting a player to NEVER drop a pass thrown at them, given how many times he has caught KEY passes, why should this stat really bother you?  If it does, drop him from your fantasy team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Those 3 drops were perfectly thrown and there was no reason they couldn't have been caught. At least 2 of them (I think) were 3rd down drive killers. Had he caught them the drive would have been extended and points maybe put on the board.

Did it matter against Buffalo? No. Would it matter against any playoff team. Yes it would. It could be the difference between winning & losing. A lot of tough games are decided by just a mistake or two.

It was a shocker to see it happen. Especially 3 times in 1 game. I hope he gets it together. We need him to be automatic if they are going to put another Lombardi trophy on a shelf. Maybe he can get a few thrown his way in the 1st half against Miami just to get back on track, boost his confidence some (if he has lost any)

Disclaimer: I know asking for perfection is a LOT. I also know I couldn't catch a single pass from Brady. I'd be to afraid to put my hand out for fear of having all my fingers broken or my chest caved in, but then again, I don't get paid millions to catch bullets. (Geez he zips them in there sometimes when he's only 12-15 feet away)

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Those drops vs Buffalo meant little.  I'd be way more concerned if he did that in a key moment.  I doubt he does.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

CEO's pay more taxes the firemen or solders .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

T.O. stunk it up for Cincy in the beginning of the year and had Carson Palmer throwing too him. I'd thought he'd have 10 drops. I really don't worry about welkers drops, if Brady forces the ball to anyone its to Welker on 3rd and med. Your gonna drop some.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

How do they rate a drop? What about passes that are thrown away or thrown at a receivers feet? Tipped pass? I thinkn its a mis-leading stat.

Sections
Shortcuts