Wes Welker throws John Fox under bus

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

Wes Welker throws John Fox under bus

Wes was unhappy in New England because Belichick expected to much from him.  Well, he expects a lot from everyone.  The coaches, the players and the other members of the organization.  This includes himself.  

Welker now is throwing John Fox under the bus, by saying that the head coach did not have the team practice in game situations with loud speakers blaring crowd noise.  He said "That is the way the start of any Super Bowl is: It’s going to be loud,” Welker, now a veteran of three Super Bowls (all losses), said. “The fans are going to be yelling. They don’t really know why they’re yelling — it’s just the start of the Super Bowl. We didn’t prepare very well for that, and it showed.” (CBSBoston)

Grow up Welker.  The Bronco's are paying you to be a team player.  Not to protect your own fragile ego.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: Wes Welker throws John Fox under bus

Think their inept play in the first couple possesions was huge, but this is the end of a season, hasn't Denver done the crowd noise thing about 5 times by now?

Think is was more nerves.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

What a bum. Glad he's gone, I'll buy every single Welker jersey I see in a store or worn by someone else just to burn them!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wow.

Welker told the truth.

What a bastidge.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

more inappropriate behavior from Welker. I'm not shocked at this point. The dude is a punk .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He said his team was unprepared pretty honest self assessment.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

shotgun on first snap is risky when you think about it.  Should have been under center.  Dumb gameplan. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Although Welker is probably being candid, from a team perspective such comments are counterproductive and unwise.  His team got their a_sses handed to them by a team who outplayed them in every phase of the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

I guess one needs to ask, isn't he REALLY speaking the truth of what HE believes? Should Fox not have them practice in those types of situations? I just don't really see why his opinion sucks so bad to some...  {#emotions_dlg.undecided} 

BTW, I know that the team doesn't want to hear this now but sometimes the truth hurts...

I'll leave now...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Probably not much need to say that, but hey if it's true then wth? 

Welker was one of the toughest players in our history.  I loved watching him play and get up after every big hit he took(and he took a lot catching 110 balls a year). With that said, I sure am glad he didn't win a super bowl with Peyton....that really would have hurt down deep!

I wonder if he will be back with denver next year?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to PatsGnome's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wes was unhappy in New England because Belichick expected to much from him.  Well, he expects a lot from everyone.  The coaches, the players and the other members of the organization.  This includes himself.  

Welker now is throwing John Fox under the bus, by saying that the head coach did not have the team practice in game situations with loud speakers blaring crowd noise.  He said "That is the way the start of any Super Bowl is: It’s going to be loud,” Welker, now a veteran of three Super Bowls (all losses), said. “The fans are going to be yelling. They don’t really know why they’re yelling — it’s just the start of the Super Bowl. We didn’t prepare very well for that, and it showed.” (CBSBoston)

Grow up Welker.  The Bronco's are paying you to be a team player.  Not to protect your own fragile ego.

[/QUOTE]

strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreetch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Underdog, what did you think of Peytons performance? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Interesting, what Welker was actually saying was the moment was to big for the Broncos to handle. That doesn't say very much for the mental toughness of a veteran team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

The crowd noise had nothing to do with the loss. It was more of the seattle DDD. Weather you think that way or not please stop throwing the his coach under the bus.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

The truth some times hurts. As a vet he knows what does cause things to go wrong. He did not say the coaches. HE said "WE" did not prepare well for the start of the game. To me that is the whole team. Yes it could be a slap to Fox.

However is it his way to compliment to BB who has used very loud speaker systems during practices to get his team ready for the crowd noise?????????????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

shotgun on first snap is risky when you think about it.  Should have been under center.  Dumb gameplan. 

[/QUOTE]

In hindsight you are absolutely right

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The truth some times hurts. As a vet he knows what does cause things to go wrong. He did not say the coaches. HE said "WE" did not prepare well for the start of the game. To me that is the whole team. Yes it could be a slap to Fox.

However is it his way to compliment to BB who has used very loud speaker systems during practices to get his team ready for the crowd noise?????????????

[/QUOTE]

+1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Underdog, what did you think of Peytons performance? 

[/QUOTE]

+1 Still waiting to hear what UD thinks. Still think he is better than Brady?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Nobody expected the noise because as a rule, SBs are not loud because its 1/3 for your team, 1/3 for opponents, and 1/3 who are fans of neither team corporate types who get sponsor tix....Because of this game being the first cold weather outdoor SB, there were close to 20,000 unsold seats due to corporate types who turned thiers in - which were bought by Seahawks fans and brought the 12th man with them....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Probably not much need to say that, but hey if it's true then wth? 

Welker was one of the toughest players in our history.  I loved watching him play and get up after every big hit he took(and he took a lot catching 110 balls a year). With that said, I sure am glad he didn't win a super bowl with Peyton....that really would have hurt down deep!

I wonder if he will be back with denver next year?

[/QUOTE]

$6 mil cap savings if he's cut. Seems it's either that or they extend him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Wes should throw himself under the bus.

http://sportscracklepop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Butterfingers-Wes-Welker-Pawngo-2.jpg

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow.

Welker told the truth.

What a bastidge.

[/QUOTE]

That's a whining excuse. Crowd noise had nothing to do with the snap for a safety, the kickoff runback for a TD or none of Mannings INTs. Nor did it seem to both Seattle's offense. Welker is acting as if him, Manning or the Broncos ever played in a loud stadium KC is in their division and they have one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL. Manning spent most of his career indoors in Indy. Also one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL.

Complete baby whining not unexpected from Welker. He signed with the Broncos because he figured that besides the Pats they were his best chance of getting a ring and now he's crying.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That would be really dumb. Their best move would be to cut him and bring him back on a much cheaper deal.

There is no point in him going anywhere else, so technically Denver has the leverage on him.

Welker's agent is a moron. They completely misread the market. He made 3 million less this past year than he otherwise would have.

He blew it.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!  I crack up at how hard you try and twist things to fit your agenda.  What a fraud!

Sections
Shortcuts