Wes Welker won`t be franchised

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Wes Welker won`t be franchised

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000139948/article/wes-welker-reportedly-wont-be-franchised-by-patriots

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Wes Welker won`t be franchised

Yeah, i think we all knew that

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

It's a bit sad. No questioning the guy's toughness and work ethic. His production has been machine like.

Unfortunately for him the perception at least is slot receivers are not as hard to find and his age obviously works against him.

I'll continue to hope they find a compromise but value wise it makes sense to set a reasonable limit on what they'll pay.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

now we have to find a substitute to his prodution...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Edelman or they might go after Amendola

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/02/13/free-agent-snapshot-wide-receiver-danny-amendola/

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Edelman or they might go after Amendola

I was looking at Amendola`s numbers right now and, he is 5'11" and since 2009 in the Rams he had 196 receptions, 1726 yards, 7 tds...I think we need more than this.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

it will be bad move on pats if they let WELKER go..still blows my mind the hate for this guy. Amedola, Hernandez, Edelman, and who whoever else you want to toss in, ARE NOT the answer!

none of these guys can stay on the field for a full season..be careful what you wish for....

brady and WELKER have great chemistry together and they are already on the same page...you bring in faces that Brady isn't familiar with, this offense will sputter at times and especially on the road.  

Really hope pats and WELKER can come to a deal to keep him around here

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

It's time.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

How about using the money on a corner?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

Not surprising.  I think he's gone, too.  It would be for the best.  I am hoping he ends up an NFC team.

my top 3 teams for wes are:

1) Texans

2) Bengals

3) Bears

Good guesses. I was thinking the Bears too as they've got their outside guy in Marshall and RB in Forte. A productive slot guy would be huge.

Until he pulls on another team's jersey I'm not giving up hope but if he leaves I hopes it's the NFC.

A lot of teams could use a Wes Welker.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:
    [QUOTE]

not the patriots... they need a david tyree or mario manningham.. someone who's going to make that one big important catch, not a hundred unimportant ones and then drop the one most important one every season.

Oh Leon

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well best of luck to Welker, I hope he catches another three hundred balls before he retires. I'd love to see us get a bunch of quick, young, no name receivers and just see who sticks. Let Gronk and Hernandez carry the workload until one of them builds something with Brady - we need the money spent on defense - I'm confident Brady can make something out of lesser talent. He's done it before....he can handle it, what he can't overcome is a pathetically average defense.

Sections
Shortcuts