Wes Welker won`t be franchised

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Wes Welker won`t be franchised

In response to Godvernment's comment:

not the patriots... they need a david tyree or mario manningham.. someone who's going to make that one big important catch, not a hundred unimportant ones and then drop the one most important one every season.

Wow, that's great thinking.  What a joke!  You sir are a disgrace to football knowledge!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

now we have to find a substitute to his prodution...

Edelman or they might go after Amendola

I was looking at Amendola`s numbers right now and, he is 5'11" and since 2009 in the Rams he had 196 receptions, 1726 yards, 7 tds...I think we need more than this.

bredbru said

we need to move away from funneling our offense through a small slot receiver who catches 4-5 yard passes. newsflash, the better des in teh league have been stopping this for years preventing us from winning sbs.

on offense. some big wrs who can separate and snag, and big possession receiver gronk (and  a replacement for when he goes dwon again).

on de, a legit pass rusher, talib AND a #2 corner.

also improvement on the o line. cant block better teams in run and pass (see balt, etc0

and speedy cover lb 

[Quote]

the bigger threats (larger wrs) we add that is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

it will be bad move on pats if they let WELKER go..still blows my mind the hate for this guy. Amedola, Hernandez, Edelman, and who whoever else you want to toss in, ARE NOT the answer!

none of these guys can stay on the field for a full season..be careful what you wish for....

brady and WELKER have great chemistry together and they are already on the same page...you bring in faces that Brady isn't familiar with, this offense will sputter at times and especially on the road.  

Really hope pats and WELKER can come to a deal to keep him around here

thats up to him. it aint happening at 10 mil and id go 6 mil. 

for that matter im thinking brady passes more to the bigger threats without welker sittign down in front of him (4 yards out)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Well best of luck to Welker, I hope he catches another three hundred balls before he retires. I'd love to see us get a bunch of quick, young, no name receivers and just see who sticks. Let Gronk and Hernandez carry the workload until one of them builds something with Brady - we need the money spent on defense - I'm confident Brady can make something out of lesser talent. He's done it before....he can handle it, what he can't overcome is a pathetically average defense.

yes, not without better blocking, better mix of playcalling, a legit big outside wr who can separate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Silly, franchise and keep him out of the AFC. 

Either way, for what he wants, he isn't worth it. He wants 11-15 million, that's Fitzgerald/Johnson type money. Not a slot WR...

Maybe Brady would take a 25% pay cut to keep him. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No way, no how should the Pats waste more than 5 million of the 2013 cap on Welker. If Brady decides to take a 25% cut (5 mill of his 20 million deal) and Welker is then willing to take a 10 mill a year deal then sure. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Darn....hate to see him go....well....he ain't gone just yet....

If he goes.....he'll be catching balls from Peyton....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Darn....hate to see him go....well....he ain't gone just yet....

If he goes.....he'll be catching balls from Peyton....

I doubt it, looks like Peyton turned three guys into Wes Welker last year...without costing a dime. I think Brady is capable of doing the same. Let Brady develop someone young (hell bring in 10 young guys that can run), he will get two of them to work...until then he can let Gronk and Hern carry the offense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

now we have to find a substitute to his prodution...

It's on the roster. Hernandez/Edelman (resgin immediately) with Ebert as developmental slot WR.  It's that simple.  Keep running it, get Brady under center more so in 2013, and use more in line blocking sets with Ballard and Gronk.

Get a perimeter WR to go with Lloyd to offset Wes's normal production from the inside, but just kick that production to a perimeter WR with better size.

Brian Hartline may be able to be had at 4.5-5 mil if NE can beat the years on Miami's offer.

If you think Hernandez and Edelman are going to be Welker's replacement, I think you're nuts. Now Hernandez may possibly be able to do some of it and lord knows he's being paid like it, but I can't in a million years see this guy being on the field for anything close to the entire season healthy. Not going to happen - he has been hurt and missed games every year he's been here - and playing in the slot won't help that.

Edelman will absolutely not be replacing Welker. No way. This guy is the definition of injury...back? Yup. Knee? Why not? Hand? ok. Ankle? Sure. Head? Yeah, while I'm here. Shoulder? Sounds good. Finger? You know it!

I can see it now...it's 3rd and ten at the NE 40. Brady drops back to pass and throws a perfect ball that hits Edelman right in the hands, and the ball bounces of his closed fingers so hard that it flies 10 feet up into the air before landing into the awaiting hands of the other team's safety. Interception.

Then we have to listen to you blame Brady for throwing the ball too hard. We will listen to you say how we shouldn't expect an NFL reciever to be able to make that type of catch. You will say that it was Brady's fault becasue he "keyed in on Edelman" drawing the safety towards him - even though the safety was 15 feet away when he caught the ball that went off Edelman's closed hands. You will say Brady didn't sell the play action fake hard enough, and therefore Edelman just assumed the ball was going to Gronk - because that's what he always does (goes to his favorite target off play action).  Then when Edelman goes down with a season ending injury (somewhere around week 5) you will blame Brady for that - saying he threw him the ball in the slot too much...he took too many hits...he should of thrown it to him outside. When it will be brought to your attention that Edelman's positon is the slot, you will say he should be playing outside and it was Brady's desire to put him in the slot for "easier, lazy, over the middle completions in which he won't have to survey the field".

Simple.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

I'm surprised Branch hasn't talked to  Welker, look what happened to that MVP and how bout Givens . Although Branch did get paid- his career stalled- but maybe Welker at his age just wants the money. Guess that's why Hernandez is at Brady s working out this year instead of Welker.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Keep Wes if he can settle for a reasonable deal, otherwise go for broke with a Mike Wallace type.  Re-inventing the O every few years is how to stay successful in today's NFL.  As for defense, need coverage LB like Lawson, resign Talib, and draft/sign 2nd CB and SS.  If we have enough budget to sign a pash rushing DE to complement Jones than all the better.  Remember, we also have to resign Volmer and a few others.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

I'm surprised Branch hasn't talked to  Welker, look what happened to that MVP and how bout Givens . Although Branch did get paid- his career stalled- but maybe Welker at his age just wants the money. Guess that's why Hernandez is at Brady s working out this year instead of Welker.

What's Welker going to be next year? 33? I think at this point it is (and should be) about the money for him - he made a boat load last year, but if I'm him I'm looking to get every last dime I can at this point. The guy played here for seven years, it's not like he hasn't had success or been competing for Super Bowls...I seriously would sign with a door mat if it ment more money right now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think the Pats correctly read the market on Wes and his worth comes in around 2/$16 or 3/$22. The Pats could do this deal if they want to, but then 2 domino effects;

1) It will take time for Wes to solicit other team offers and make decisions, costing the Pats valuable time on other decisions while they wait on Wes.

2) If they decide to keep Wes most likely it means goodbye to Talib. I think Talib is also in the 3/$20-$24 range

3) I think another tean offers Vollmer more than the Pats want to go

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I think the Pats correctly read the market on Wes and his worth comes in around 2/$16 or 3/$22. The Pats could do this deal if they want to, but then 2 domino effects;

1) It will take time for Wes to solicit other team offers and make decisions, costing the Pats valuable time on other decisions while they wait on Wes.

2) If they decide to keep Wes most likely it means goodbye to Talib. I think Talib is also in the 3/$20-$24 range

3) I think another tean offers Vollmer more than the Pats want to go

Well at 8 mil per why not simply use the Transition Tag on Welker and that's around the 8 mil number is it not? I'm thinking the Pats aren't willing to go the 7-8 Mil number or they would transition him?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

Not surprising.  I think he's gone, too.  It would be for the best.  I am hoping he ends up an NFC team.

my top 3 teams for wes are:

1) Texans

2) Bengals

3) Bears

I heard Denver would be very interested if WW is let go !In my opinon that would be the perect fit!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Amendola would probably blossom just as Welker did once he had Brady pitching to him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Who wins this poker match?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Who wins this poker match?

The guy in the first row with the striped shirt.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

That's hilarious, dude. One of your better ones.  

LOL, thanks Dude!