Wes Welker won`t be franchised

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Wes Welker won`t be franchised

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

The guy in the first row with the striped shirt.

I was almost ready to type 'He wins either way' but really, he only wins if Welker is back.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Two seasons too late! His two, most untimely drops negates all of the other catches he made these last two seasons. Please spare me the "We wouldn't have made it that far without him." crap. YOU DON'T know that. What we do know is that those two drops, if caught, probably lead to another SB win, and a chance to play for another.........I know, we don't know that for sure either....I just truly believe that would have been the case in both situations. In many ways, he is the Rondo of the Pats. Too much is focused on WW having/touching the ball, and it just doesn't seem to get it done when it comes to crunch. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

And he is aging

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

so they use the tag on talib or vollmer?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I don't see anyone getting the Franchise Tag this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

so Welker out do u think now we will sign Talib?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

so they use the tag on talib or vollmer?

Vollmer

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Two seasons too late! His two, most untimely drops negates all of the other catches he made these last two seasons. Please spare me the "We wouldn't have made it that far without him." crap. YOU DON'T know that. What we do know is that those two drops, if caught, probably lead to another SB win, and a chance to play for another.........I know, we don't know that for sure either....I just truly believe that would have been the case in both situations. In many ways, he is the Rondo of the Pats. Too much is focused on WW having/touching the ball, and it just doesn't seem to get it done when it comes to crunch. 

They don't make it that far without him is the correct answer.  You tell me, how would the Pats have done last season without Welker?  Who would they have put in Welkers spot? Edelman??? he was out most the season.  And with Gronk and Hernandez splitting time on the bench Welker was pretty much the main man....again!

And really, seriously?  His drops cost the games?  That is bogus and you know it.  Go back and watch the games again... there are many factors for them losing, not just because a Welker drop.  That is the worst scapegoat BS, your very ignorant if you really, truly think that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

As much as i truly love and appreciate all that Welker has done...the economics of this game do not justify paying Welker as much money as he is seeking...that said..Edleman is not i repeat NOT the replacement for Wes..he is Forever hurt...Hernandez can do some of the similar things as Wes..but his yards after the catch and hands are not like Welkers....Get an outside threat and change the offense a bit to their new talent and stop the talk about replacing Wes...not sure we will ever see a dynamic a duo as Brady n Welker

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Just because the Patriots won't be placing the franchise tag on Wes Welker doesn't mean he's going to leave. So don't start with all of the speculative moves. Ebert,Edelman and whoever are not WW. I like all the rest of you haven't been happy with his Post season drops but his regular season production is incomperable! Lets hope they work out a team friendly deal that gives WW his security. Then move on to the next player we need to make the team better,whomever that might be.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Just because the Patriots won't be placing the franchise tag on Wes Welker doesn't mean he's going to leave. So don't start with all of the speculative moves. Ebert,Edelman and whoever are not WW. I like all the rest of you haven't been happy with his Post season drops but his regular season production is incomperable! Lets hope they work out a team friendly deal that gives WW his security. Then move on to the next player we need to make the team better,whomever that might be.

This post gives me a bit of comfort.  I respect sportsbozo's opinion around here so to see him come out with some good Welker vibe gives me a little more hope.  I will ignore his comment about Welkers drops, he gets a pass on that bad part of his post.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

This post gives me a bit of comfort.  I respect sportsbozo's opinion around here so to see him come out with some good Welker vibe gives me a little more hope.  I will ignore his comment about Welkers drops, he gets a pass on that bad part of his post.

TFB12, I have a gut feeling the pats will come to terms with WELKER.  I feel they realize ( I hope) that Brady has about 2 more years here and probably WELKER.  2 yr deal with all guarenteed ( similar to last years offer ) but not as much counting against cap, but more guarenteed, if that makes sense.lol...they let wilfork fight this thing out too, to last dying day, so why not WELKER As well.  he is a playmaker, and they better keep their playmakers.  besides being their most productive player, if pats resign him and both parties are happy, we already know he'll outperform the deal.  He has done for 5 straight seasons.  Guy is a machine.  Silly to let this sort of production walk.

Besides, I think there is a big misconception out there that he wants Larry Fitzgerald money,   I think he even knows, he ain't getting that.  He does know though he is the best slot WR in game and should get paid accordingly.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

TFB12, I have a gut feeling the pats will come to terms with WELKER.  I feel they realize ( I hope) that Brady has about 2 more years here and probably WELKER.  2 yr deal with all guarenteed ( similar to last years offer ) but not as much counting against cap, but more guarenteed, if that makes sense.lol...they let wilfork fight this thing out too, to last dying day, so why not WELKER As well.  he is a playmaker, and they better keep their playmakers.  besides being their most productive player, if pats resign him and both parties are happy, we already know he'll outperform the deal.  He has done for 5 straight seasons.  Guy is a machine.  Silly to let this sort of production walk.

Besides, I think there is a big misconception out there that he wants Larry Fitzgerald money,   I think he even knows, he ain't getting that.  He does know though he is the best slot WR in game and should get paid accordingly.  

I hear ya NOISE!  hahaha, that's funny.  Anyways, I think they get something figured out also.  I think Welker remains a Patriot for two more seasons.  A bunch of guaranteed money as well.  We are on the same jedi mind wave on this.  I think Welker will get taken advantage of on the money issue, he will sign for less then he deserves, don't get me wrong he will get a nice chunk of change unlike his last contract, enough to have others complain about how much they pay him but it will still be far less then a guy with his numbers deserves.

I mean really, I'm sure the Patriots know they will be taking a huge step backwards if they let Welker go and if last season wasn't a near miss wake up call with the failed Edelman experiment then I don't know what else to say.  I don't see the offense being better without Welker.  They would have to make too many other things work to make up for the loss of Welker, and with the way things go in football it's a huge risk, all those other peices aren't going to pan out!  As we seen last season had they hung their hopes on Edelman what a train wreck that would have been.  Do you even think the Pats make the playoffs last season had they not had Welker?  I'm not so sure they would have, where would the production have come from without Welker there?

Sections
Shortcuts