WES:"i was the one who contacted DENVER"...think about that and what it means!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: WES:

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

He may be very disappointed the next 2 years.  Denver's D will be even worse when Dumervil is cut.

SB is outdoors in NJ. Not good news for Gomer or Broncos fans.

Yes Queenie, because Manning absolutley struggled this past seasonm coming off neck surgery having missed most of the previous year and somehow completing about 70% of his passes and having a 100+ rating.  It must have been that new Denver Dome!  Moron!

gomer has never won a playoff game in weather under 30 degrees or something like that....yea he struggles in the cold. great regular season qb, but he will go down as the biggest playoff choker in NFL history.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

They can do all they want on offense, until they have Jack Delrio they wont win a SB. He is an absolute idiot.

He never won against any Good offenses ever.....

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Man, just the bone head posting around this place is crazy.  I recall when Denver was playing the Ravens most of the people on this board was cheering for the Ravens, me included, because everyone was scared to death to go to Denver and play manning and the Broncos!  Even with Manning playing in the cold.  And within the past few days they got even better!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

wes is the perfect example of a guy who misread his circumstances and misread reality. it wasnt just that bb wasnt into him  but the entire league wasnt into him eiither. how a guy with this pedigree and contract year pro bowl season be so degraded? he was a slotslut but treaed just like a common slu--. stunned me he had to go begging for a job. tennessee was the only team that showed any interest in terms of initiation and perhaps an offer. sad truly sad..

Wes was the beneficiary of a system having TB, a HOF QB, who understands how to execute inside/underneath passing game better than just about any other person in the NFL. Sure, Wes proved to be smart enough and talented enough to become Tom's favorite target, but the fact is he was on the right team, in the right offense, at the right time. Everyone in the NFL knows that Wes excellerated into a stat phenom because of his situation more than his talent. Put him in another offense, ironically aside from the Broncos, and he is just an average speed, little white guy, with average hands who was getting old for an NFL WR/SR. He gets cut by more than half of the other teams, IMO, becuase most other teams don't have the offense that requires the CEREBRAL processing that the PAT's offensive scheme does. How am I so sure? Your post explaining the lack of interest proves it just fine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

wes is the perfect example of a guy who misread his circumstances and misread reality. it wasnt just that bb wasnt into him  but the entire league wasnt into him eiither. how a guy with this pedigree and contract year pro bowl season be so degraded? he was a slotslut but treaed just like a common slu--. stunned me he had to go begging for a job. tennessee was the only team that showed any interest in terms of initiation and perhaps an offer. sad truly sad..

Ive been saying it for 3 years. You dont pay slot WR like a # 1 and noone has ever gotten a big payday from the slot. Just because a team like the Pats chooses to use him as part of the run game and give the ball to one guy doesnt mean he is better than a # 1, Just more opportunities. He learned the hard way. BB set his value and u dont think he called around to GMs and asked, Hey what would u pay for Wes? So he knew his deal was market value and let Wes gamble with his future and he lost, so far as staying a pat.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

He may be very disappointed the next 2 years.  Denver's D will be even worse when Dumervil is cut.

SB is outdoors in NJ. Not good news for Gomer or Broncos fans.

Yes Queenie, because Manning absolutley struggled this past seasonm coming off neck surgery having missed most of the previous year and somehow completing about 70% of his passes and having a 100+ rating.  It must have been that new Denver Dome!  Moron!

I hope he enjoyed the attention he got last year. lol

The guy sucks in the cold outdoors in the postseason which is why this is so funny.

But you said he laid 35 points on the Ravens this year.  Wasn't that outside in the cold in the playoffs?

Shouldn't you be posting all the great moves your Jets have made to ensure another great season? Oh wait.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Man, just the bone head posting around this place is crazy.  I recall when Denver was playing the Ravens most of the people on this board was cheering for the Ravens, me included, because everyone was scared to death to go to Denver and play manning and the Broncos!  Even with Manning playing in the cold.  And within the past few days they got even better!

Wanting home field is being 'scared'?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Ive been saying it for 3 years. You dont pay slot WR like a # 1 and noone has ever gotten a big payday from the slot. Just because a team like the Pats chooses to use him as part of the run game and give the ball to one guy doesnt mean he is better than a # 1, Just more opportunities. He learned the hard way. BB set his value and u dont think he called around to GMs and asked, Hey what would u pay for Wes? So he knew his deal was market value and let Wes gamble with his future and he lost, so far as staying a pat.

So Belichick's saying Amendola is more valuable than Welker for the next 2 years?  Do you agree with that?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I think Wes made this up just to try to make it seem like he wanted to go when really the Pats had moved on. Its all gamesmanship to me. Peyton called him or texted him and showed interest. I mean really. Wes called Denver and asked, hey do u guys want me. Wes isnt too bright outside of football and his agent screwed him. They should have known the market value and that the pats had offered the best contract/situation. Wes once he knew we moved on, proceeded to try to change it around like HE wanted to leave when he didnt. Sour grapes, bruised ego, small man complex, see ya!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

So Belichick's saying Amendola is more valuable than Welker for the next 2 years?  Do you agree with that?

I dont know why I have to answer to you about this as it should be obvious but just because I want you to go away I will explain. BB isnt saying anything. He is doing BIZ! The Pats offered Wes a contract last year under the franchise tag that was better than any offer  I have heard of this offseason. He refused because He or his agent thought they could get more money.(Ive been saying for a while, you dont pay slot WRs like #1s) and Wes thought better of himself. Its one thing to be a dominant outside WR. Its another to get a thousand targets every year because the Pats have no other WR options and they dont like to run.  Even after this year , they still offered him a contract and he decided to go to free agency thinking he can do better. BB is not dumb. He called around to get a guage on Wes' value and made his price. Wes should have took it,. he didnt. ONce he hit free agency, BB had to protect himself by locking up a replacement right away so Danny was signed before Wes signed. You may not have that oppty next year to replace him with a similar guy so they pounced on a younger guy who they PROJECT will be better than Wes in 2 years and I agree because Danny is already faster and more explosive. Wes is slow. Being quick is good for underneath routes but we have other guys to do that.  IN 2 years Wes may return back here anyway once we see how his body has held up. As of now, he is in Denver. Danny is here. Why do you care again???

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Yes if you look at what WW did prior to Pats and what DA has done prior to Pats you can tell WW was far more of an unknown than DA is. BTW they both had season ending injuries so that has no consequence on either of the comparisions. Thjey have similarities but DA has a better record than WW did before Pats. As a matter of fact WW was almost cut by Fins in both years there. BB saw something in WW and sees the same in DA who is 6 years younger

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Fair question. Answer depends on what any specific team needs. In NE I would not expect either Welker or Amendola to match Welkers catches last year IF the TEs are relatively healthy and they get reasonable play from the other WR.

In NE I would say Amendola looks to be a better fit for the long term in part due to being 5 years younger (no small thing though some guys are just able to play longer than anyone expects). Short term.. the next 2 years say, Amendola should be more valuable to this O because the two TEs (especially Hern) can work underneath and in the middle. Also he has more ability to use a greater portion of the field helping the TEs to be more effective... and he is more dangerous with the football. He may or may not end up being a Welker machine but he appears to have that ability too! But chemistry with Brady is also a very big factor and it is hard to expect anyone to match Welker there.

All in all yes, I think Amendola, if healthy, adds more to the OVERALL O here. That does not mean I think he is a better player. Just a better fit with the O overall.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

As for whether Welker is a better fit in Denver... YES. I think so because their receiving group has the wide outs opening up the field and could use a truly exceptional safety blanket (whereas the Pats have Hern and Gronk who can make things happen underneath and over the middle and so need the opposite... someone to help unclong the middle!).

Sections
Shortcuts